Free DLC unlockables (Trophies)

eduardohrks

Haven´t found people sharing this information but some DLC trophies in this game can be unlocked without necessarily purchasing DLC content. As with many modern games with online features, if you have the game updated to the latest version it means all DLC content is already there but may be locked away behind in-game purchases. It turns out that some DLC trophies for this game can be achieved with cars/tracks already present on the base game or even with online promotional limited time events. I bought the Deluxe edition on a sale a few mounths ago and that edition only included seasons 1-2, never bought any other DLC so far, however it was possible to achieve a trophy from season 3 and a couple more from season 4.

It´s worth checking the game for limited time events, periodically they are running promotional events that are free to everyone to join, some include DLC tracks and it may be possible to unlock some easy DLC trophies along with it. In my case I got a trophy from season 3 that required to roll the car on Finland, since I didn´t buy the track I did it during a promotional event on christmas eve and it worked !

Season 4 is even easier, the trophy "Rainmeister" requires a track already present in the base game (Hell, Norway), setting and wining a custom event with rain worked and sufficed to unlock it, the trophy "Sunday Driver" also worked with a track and car from the base game, but this time playing on "World Rallycross Championship" mode.

Haven´t got the chance to test on trophies from the first couple of seasons but it seems those might work the same way, it would be nice if someone could confirm it.

EDIT: As of February/2020 only the Promotional events seems to be harder to show up, they usually last for 2 - 3 days and are announced with a red tag so you still might get lucky and see Wales or Finland, otherwise it might be easier to just purchase the new track/content specific for the trophy you want to unlock. Both trophies on season 4 still works for free.

Edited by eduardohrks
update
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Can you help me get some of these DLC trophies please? 

I have done some a lot already I just need like 5 or 6. 

Driving 66km in Monte Carlo in the Citroen.

winning in Greece by 1 minute with hardcore damage 

RX in Latvia and Germany 

Lap time under 39 min in Abu Dhabi. 

They could all be done in about 15 minutes except the top one. But you could set up at 8/9 stage Rally and then quit or participate 

Thanks 

PSN DAMOHTID

On 12/02/2020 at 9:42 PM, DAMOHTID said:

Hi,

Can you help me get some of these DLC trophies please? 

I have done some a lot already I just need like 5 or 6. 

Driving 66km in Monte Carlo in the Citroen.

winning in Greece by 1 minute with hardcore damage 

RX in Latvia and Germany 

Lap time under 39 min in Abu Dhabi. 

They could all be done in about 15 minutes except the top one. But you could set up at 8/9 stage Rally and then quit or participate 

Thanks 

PSN DAMOHTID

Worked on some of these, the trick is to unlock everything on custom events, drive 66 km im Monte Carlo seems cumulative through all the stages you participate, you need to pick the right car though. Didn´t buy the greek tracks yet, but I think you can do it in a long track and on the easiest difficulty available while enabling hardcore damage. For the RX trophies in Latvia and Germany make sure you pick the correct livery for your car, check google for the images, you are supposed to use the same liveries as the drivers used in WRX season 2018. I would guess the lap under 39 secs in Abu Dhabi is probably tied to owning both the track and 2019 cars, so it may not work with the regular cars from the 2018 season.

Hi,

yes I understand this but I don't have the locations to set them up in custom mode. If u have Monte Carlo and could set up H3 and help me get 1 trophy that would be much appreciated. I think u can set it up an actually quit and I can continue even tho I don't own the location 

thanks

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the heads up. Someone on another site mentioned we can get some of the DLC trophies w/o owning them.

This is similar to 'Shut that door (again) from The Division 2, but that's the only one you can get for that w/o owning the NY DLC.

A lot will try this as it's free on PS+ for April.

Edited by TheGoaler
Added a sentence

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small update that could be of useful to some, again I didn´t buy Finnland´s tracks yet but I did manage to unlock the gold trophy "Flying Finn" from Season 3 by just playing Scenario mode on Colin Mcrae´s new DLC. As you make progress on the game there are a few challenges in Scenario mode you get to play in Finnland, my trophy unlocked by just playing through those a few times, with that information it´s safe to assume the jumps made on the final DLC all counted towards the trophy in season 3. The deluxe edition containing seasons 1-2 also gives access to Mcrae´s DLC without need to purchase it in separate.

Edited by eduardohrks
  • Like 2