DLC Difficulty

thefourfoldroot

45 minutes ago, MidnightMoth said:

I wonder how many people will have to apologize to their partners for insulting them in order to get another shot at the 3 stars now that it is easier. lol

I hope the patch fixed the glitched seasonal levels that would require sushi recipes when there were no sushi ingredients. I guess I'll be finding out later today. I think there are a few new chefs too so I am really excited to play it again. 1f601.png

Well, we can only play about 3 levels before getting too frustrated and rows are creeping up. So we stop.

On 22.1.2020 at 10:32 PM, Gumby114 said:

My wife and I played through Overcooked, Overcooked 2 and all DLC. We are still of the opinion that Overcooked was the more challenging. We found Surf and Turf to be a little challenging but the rest of the DLC was not that difficult - only the odd level here and there. We had no arguments which was nice. 

I have to agree here. Me and my wife 100%ed both Overcooked games and after we finished Overcooked 2 we said that it was a pity that it was so much easier than the first one.

So just keep hanging folks and you will eventually do it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2020 at 7:55 AM, Yoey_666 said:

I have to agree here. Me and my wife 100%ed both Overcooked games and after we finished Overcooked 2 we said that it was a pity that it was so much easier than the first one.

So just keep hanging folks and you will eventually do it.

Nope. We can't get three stars on the last level of campfire cooking. I'm sitting here seriously pissed off. So fucking frustrating!

• Like 1

for those who can't get 3 stars try to give each one a function and do only that function, try to learn the level and learn it pattern, always communicate everything you do in the game, always dash, and very important always do all the dishes in order because that gives a lot more points, and if you are missing very few points and the time is short deliver a simpler plate (that already save me a lot of times). You don't really need to keep throwing the food, i rarely throw and got every 3 stars, only missing the last DLC because my girlfriend did not have time to play. The hardest levels are in the Surf 'n' Turf and Campfire Cook Off  DLC, you can do it even if that take some time, just don't give up.

Other tip:

Some levels don't start the time until you serve the first plate so take this as your advance;

8 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Nope. We can't get three stars on the last level of campfire cooking. I'm sitting here seriously pissed off. So fucking frustrating!

If it's the last level and you just want to be done with it, you should know I found it to be a lot easier playing solo.

9 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Oooh I remember that one... I think it is the level that required most tries. We managed to get the third star once we knew by heart at which times the level layout would change (you know, keep an eye on the timer) and saved half-cooked dishes instead of giving up on them. ?

Good luck with this one! 

• 1 month later...

LOL. It:s hilarious to read how many people are playing with these games with their wives. Me too! lol

Reading this thread is starting to worry me a bit though, as we have had arguments already on just the base levels of this game. lol

• 1 month later...
On 09/03/2020 at 9:19 AM, enaysoft said:

LOL. It:s hilarious to read how many people are playing with these games with their wives. Me too! lol

Reading this thread is starting to worry me a bit though, as we have had arguments already on just the base levels of this game. lol

Good luck then !

Didn't have any issue with my wife on base game, but she was just not good enough for DLC and arguments started there ^^'

We could do the Surf one together ... but for the rest, i will just go alone cause she gave up, it's too hard for her.

Now she just looks when i play, and help me with the ingredients i need :D (still better than playing it solo :) )

58 minutes ago, Snaki-0 said:

So far played only carnival dlc but i like the difficulty. As a hardcore gamers with my gf we exceeded base game 3* scores by quite a lot even first try so the challenge was nice addition.

Yeah, if you just started they actually reduced the difficulty some time ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Finished the Hungry Horde DLC last night and I'm glad it's all done now. Big thanks to @Mori for joining me for a coop session. The last Horde level was no joke to be honest. I don't know how you did this win non-gamer coop partners but good for you guys and gals. :D

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 10/05/2020 at 4:59 PM, thefourfoldroot said:

Yeah, if you just started they actually reduced the difficulty some time ago.

Ok so me and my wife are late to this and finally playing the DLC.

So you say they actually made the DLC easier? Still seems really hard to me, the first stage on Surf and Turf requires about 780 points and me and my wife struggle to make that, stuck on the very first level. My wife isn't a super hard core game and well, isn't this game supposed to be for children too?

Honestly seems like a bit of a weird move making the DLC this much harder. DLC in the first game was never this much harder than the main game.

Looking at the trophies, it seems there are 3x6 stages. Can only get 2 stars on the first four stages...

On 26/01/2020 at 3:42 AM, thefourfoldroot said:

Well, we can only play about 3 levels before getting too frustrated and rows are creeping up. So we stop.

Yep exactly. I mean if my wife was a hardcore gamer like me, it would be a decent and likely fun challenge but when my partner is already getting a bit flustered in general with the second game getting used to having to throw stuff and catch sometimes throwing by mistake when supposed to be cutting. It isn't very fun when you're stressed and not enjoying yourselves.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Took me and my wife about 9 hours over 3 days, to get 3 stars on the final stage 3-4 of Campfire Cook Off.

And then about 5 attempts just now to get 3 stars on the very first stage 1-1 of Night Of The Hangry Horde...

There is seriously no room for error whatsoever, sometimes on the 1st and even 2nd base game, you'd do so well on a stage that you might get nearly double what you need for 3 stars, and now you have to do that effort and more, just to scrape a 3 star ranking.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...