Prairie King, or Why I fell out of love with this game

TrulySilentLie

Not a fan of the wonky controls in this mini-game. I don't mind if a trophy is hard, it only needs to give me all the standard tools (good controls, low input lag, smooth frame rate) to get it, which I've done with some difficult platinums like Gold Rank in Street Fighter V or Rapid Discord in Overwatch.

I shall persevere with this trophy and achieve it, but I won't respect it as something of merit in the platinum run.

Edited by Eraezr

• 2 months later...

Yeah I’ve given up all hope of ever getting the plat in this game ? I can’t even finish the game losing lives, never mind a perfect run. Stardew Valley is a game I’ve been playing on and off in between other games and I’m still in my first year, but usually every night I’ll stop by the saloon to try it out and end up just giving up. 

I get where you are coming from, but getting this trophy is one of my proudest and most memorable gaming moments. I spent 2 days frustratingly trying again and again and getting further and further. When I put the final bullet into Fector's skull it was such a rush, I'll never forget it.

Lastly, I can come in to a forum like this with a smile. If you want it, go get it. Myself and others will be happy to congratulate you.

• Like 2

As someone who spent a lot of time getting this platinum, I can relate, it took me a few hundred attempts to get the correct RNG...

All I can recommend is that you try a few times a day, and no more than that, or you'll just get more and more frustrated ?

Also if you don't get at least 25 coins total in the first 4 maps, just restart... The run that worked for me was 2 bullet upgrade and a 2 revolver upgrade, if you have that by the third set of levels it'll be easier, but not too easy, and try and save a machine gun or star for the last boss, if you have that it's ridiculously easy, just walk up to the top of the screen, move slightly left of his stream of gunfire and youll be able to hit him without him hitting you... It's almost insultingly easy ?

• Like 2

Nah, I've given up on getting this trophy, the frustration just isn't worth it. I did return to the game eventually to clean up the trophies, so now this trophy is the only thing I have left unearned for the game, but just don't have any motivation to even try. I got the game to play a pleasant farming sim, but in the end, it definitely ended up being inferior in most ways to Graveyard Keeper which I played before it.

Congrats to anyone who managed to get this hellish trophy though, it's definitely a feat worth bragging about, I still think it has no place in the game but that doesn't mean I have anything against you who have gotten the trophy, you stay awesome

I sunk in over 220 hours into this game on Switch, over 150 was on my initial file. I'm getting the physical edition on PS4 in the mail soon. I'm not even going to attempt to get the platinum. The Prairie King trophies are way too hard, and I don't want to invest into Joja on any file. The most I could see myself completing this game is 60%.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just bought it like 5 seconds ago. Seen this thread when looking at the game a lot myself and seeing it makes me want to try and go for it lool I played graveyard keeper a few months ago and my 4 year old daughter loved helping me with the "farm" on that game and after I got the platinum and 100% on it she was sad that we couldn't play the game "with the tiny man" so hopefully she can do the mundane tasks on this for me while I do the other stuff when she's asleep and not around ? hopefully it's not THAT tough. Would like to put this platinum in my cabinet with shadow warrior and Olli Olli 2 and rogue legacy all other difficult platinums/100%'s to achieve

If it makes you feel better I was the first person to beat Prairie King on the PS4 but still haven't gotten the Fector's Challenge trophy to this day . I do plan on getting it someday. My friend's still brag about obtaining it and not me to this day >_> it's ashame you stopped playing though. The game just announced split-screen couch co-op

Edited by TheSleepyBeauty
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I did return to the game eventually, mopped up all the trophies save for Fector's Challenge, and have it on my console, in case a patch eventually fixes this broken mess. But as it stands, the game started out being enjoyable as a trophy hunter, and ended up just being... rather meh. The grind to get everything killed the interest with the rest of the game for me a bit

• 3 months later...
On 13/1/2020 at 4:34 PM, TrulySilentLie said:

Fector's Challenge... Because this game was intended to be a twin stick shooter with heavy reliance on RNG and wonky controls that demands 110% levels of perfection from the player.

I am a trophy hunter, I got this game because it seemed like a soothing, calm, nice game that if I just kept at it, the trophies would start unlocking one by one. It would be easy, but take time, which I think is a fair trade for a trophy list to still be a feat to acquire.

Then I started to look into this trophy...

And now, at around 50% into the game, with so many goals for my farm, with so much investment in my in-game marriage, with my plans to befriend the townspeople, all of that just melted away, and all I can feel is the empty hatred from my attempts at beating this minigame that has nothing to do with how the rest of the game is played, and the game demands that I play it flawlessly for 20 minutes straight?

Good bye Stardew Valley, in the trash you go, I don't need more rage right now, and if I pick you back up, it'd probably be if some miracle new update is issued that changes the insanity of this trophy

tl;dr: Fector's challenge ruined the game for me and now all I feel when trying to play it is bitter taste of complete failure

I hope you give it another try now that the trophy is way easier to get!

• Like 2