DBZ: Kakarot Trophy Thoughts?

Kishnabe

16 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

No. This game is factually an (A)RPG. Yes the game retells the "Z era" storyline; however, unlike past Dragon Ball games, there's technically going to be brand new story and character related content in this game that cannot and has not been seen in both the anime (whether original or Kai) and manga, which means even the most hardcore DBZ fans and people who's played most if not all of the console releases will have something new to look forward to here, if the emphasis on core RPG gameplay that DB games hardly have isn't already enough for them.

Thanks for clearing it up @EcoShifter I'll definitely pick this up this week. Can't wait!

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:56 AM, EcoShifter said:

No. This game is factually an (A)RPG. Yes the game retells the "Z era" storyline; however, unlike past Dragon Ball games, there's technically going to be brand new story and character related content in this game that cannot and has not been seen in both the anime (whether original or Kai) and manga, which means even the most hardcore DBZ fans and people who's played most if not all of the console releases will have something new to look forward to here, if the emphasis on core RPG gameplay that DB games hardly have isn't already enough for them.

I'm actually excited for this game precisely because of the RPG feel. I like DB and DBZ, but I'm no fan of fighting games, so have avoided the vast majority of the console releases.

(Late-) For the imagery of the trophies, it's nice that there's a variation of characters used for the trophies, but it's very basic (so not bad but just not great either) and consist of too many (lazy) repeats. Trunks being completely absent is very weird, though. It's also fairly surprisingly that Kararot isn't the face of the platinum image, but having something other than Shenron again is a positive, especially when the image isn't a completely different character than Kararot. The title disappoints me, though. I don't like titles that simply add and end with "master" as if it's suppose to make both a title and reward look and feel epic, when really it's banal..

So no overly grindy trophies or bugged ones (at least that we know of), can clean up in post game and most importantly game is fun? Sounds good to me. Last DBZ games I played was the Budokai Tenkaichi series on PS2 and a bit of Xenoverse 2 round a friends house. Looks great, did wait for people to beta test for me just in case lmao, looking forward to playing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 14/01/2020 at 0:54 AM, Ilzaki said:

Instant Victory, I wonder if that's like Earthbound or if it's a mechanic.

I’m not sure if you know but it’s when you’re flying and use boost to go straight through an enemy. You might have to be a higher level than them or a certain level but the platinum is easy to obtain just time consuming. It’s a great game though 

• Like 1