Event calender not working?

Yeah I've been checking the site weekly hoping for it to reappear, but it seems to have been replaced with just the Events summarization page. 

Annoying because I should have the 100% already, just missing the 5 community chest trophy when I've already opened 6!

I guess we will just have to make the effort to load the game and check until the calender reappears.

• Like 1

i been waiting whole januari to see if the events where going to update and originally i there was an event that said 11 days left if u went ingame to the townhall but now it says time until next event starts "unknown". i havent been playing this game for a long time so i would wanna ask if this events not updated happened before? i dont really have a good feeling about this cause its ea

Still listed as unknown on the game and nothing listed at all on the website, annoyingly. I'm sure there will be a few more yet, but I can't imagine they'll do that many more now. Frustrating enough that I'd already have 100% if the 5 chest trophy had popped when it was supposed to! 

8 hours ago, FebuKev said:

Hi Wolf,

I checked yesterday evening and saw the same thing... It seems they stopped everything suddenly.

I just need the Cat vs Dino things but I am quite pessimistic about it now.

Let's wait and see

The Rux vendor appears to be running for 9 days, be interesting to see if anything changes once that count down comes to an end.

38 minutes ago, black__bunny said:

I still need to do Boss hunt as I was away last time it was run so I’ll be pretty annoyed if events end up being cut without any notice. I’m not very optimistic about what’s going on though just on the basis of it being EA 

Yeah it'll be a shitty deal if they pull that trick but it wouldn't surprise me if they did. People have suggested they just add the modes to the standard portal, which would solve that issue, but I'd still be buggered as I still need a community challenge event. 

Guess we will have to see, but I imagine best we can hope for is they give us a deadline and allow players to get what they need before hand by having every mode in rotation at least once.

• Like 1

Hopefully events will work again. Last year, Boss rush was only avaiable once since i started playing in February and I was too heavily invested into other games at the time, so didn't put in the time and effort to get it done on the week it was on. Would be pretty shitty if I ended up with my second impossible game, but I wouldn't be overly surprised if it happened. Let's see how it goes as time goes on. Maybe they just forgot to add more events because LMAO PVZ Neighborhood amirite?

Well it's the news I feared, Shaun Laker confirmed last night that community event support, and hero showcase support, has been dropped. The event portal however will open again, but at a much reduced monthly rate.

Meaning I now have my first unobtainable 100%, missing one trophy for the 5 chests when I opened 6. So frustrating.

The confirmation was made on the EA boards last night.

Edited by ScintillaWolf
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ImApanda85 said:

Dang, just got started n this one after getting the plat for the first one. So then is this one confirmed unobtainable 100% as of today? The plat is still obtainable if i understand correctly, but the 100% with dlc wont be? Not even with in-game purchases?

Hi,

If there are no more events then no you cannot get the 100%, even paying, because you need to succeed to Boss Hunt, opening chests (through at least 2 community events because one event gives you maximum 3 chests) and play the Cat and Dino thing (the ones I need).

This is a bad decision as there was a lot of people playing last time we did Boss Hunt.

The Plat is still obtainable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tempestad_cl said:

Team player and together we win, both related to community challenges. The rest will be harder to get as the event rotation now is once a month and not 3 or 4 times as before.

All 3 boss hunt related trophies are also unobtainable now if those are removed from the rotation :(

Edited by Devotheus

1 hour ago, Devotheus said:

All 3 boss hunt related trophies are also unobtainable now if those are removed from the rotation :(

Mystery portal is still available, but once a month. I don't know how many events exist to get the specific trophies.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dev-Update-on-GW2-Live-Service/m-p/8695894#M14058