nombre_en_uso867

Devil May Cry HD Collection Thoughts (spoilers)

11 posts in this topic

Wow congrats. :yay:Heh I still need to finish my dmc1 from ps3 version.. lol

Your profile says you only completed these games on Normal, of course they're not going to be difficult. Try playing through DMC on DMD and you might rethink your statement. 

Congrats! I agree point by point with what you said above xD it's a very good series(minus that atrocity dmc2) but boy it kicks your ass the first time around. I have to add that in dmc1 what really was annoying(for me) was collecting all the dumb enemy data and attacks. Took me forever to get hugged by marionettes. DMC2 made me almost quit videogaming and dmc3... Well... Best action game in my books

Do play dmc4, the new protagonist Nero is badass but mild(not really) spoiler: prepare yourself for A LOT of backtrack and replays. There's so many replays you can go insane. But it follows up with dmc5 which is absolutely beautiful. 

Wondering if you will play the reboot too. There's some quality stuff to be discovered there too :3

9 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Your profile says you only completed these games on Normal, of course they're not going to be difficult. Try playing through DMC on DMD and you might rethink your statement.

I didn't say it was easy (except of course for dmc 2). I already started the hard DMC playthrough and yes it is in fact hard

13 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Congrats! I agree point by point with what you said above xD it's a very good series(minus that atrocity dmc2) but boy it kicks your ass the first time around. I have to add that in dmc1 what really was annoying(for me) was collecting all the dumb enemy data and attacks. Took me forever to get hugged by marionettes. DMC2 made me almost quit videogaming and dmc3... Well... Best action game in my books

Do play dmc4, the new protagonist Nero is badass but mild(not really) spoiler: prepare yourself for A LOT of backtrack and replays. There's so many replays you can go insane. But it follows up with dmc5 which is absolutely beautiful. 

Wondering if you will play the reboot too. There's some quality stuff to be discovered there too :3

I'm thinking on dmc4 and the reboot in a future. I don't think the reboot is as bad as everyone says. I mean I played dmc 2, everything is better

15 minutes ago, nombre_en_uso867 said:

I didn't say it was easy (except of course for dmc 2). I already started the hard DMC playthrough and yes it is in fact hard

I'm thinking on dmc4 and the reboot in a future. I don't think the reboot is as bad as everyone says. I mean I played dmc 2, everything is better

If DMC 2 was a dumpster fire the reboot is a dumpster fire filled with the most noxious shit there is the dumpster is made of Plutonium that made its way through a Giants gastrointestinal tract and the fire is really the damned souls of the people who sold their souls to put this catastrophe into the world...... The game has maybe 2 redeeming qualities 1 is the girl in the story I actually like her the other is so far it looks like this was a one off and now the franchise is back in caring hands

I mean what kind of game has a "hero" shooting a pregnant woman in the belly killing the baby and this is seen as a good thing?

Edited by Taliesin_2943

24 minutes ago, nombre_en_uso867 said:

I didn't say you found it easy, just that you'll rethink your statement about the difficulty not being anything too crazy.

8 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I mean what kind of game has a "hero" shooting a pregnant woman in the belly killing the baby and this is seen as a good thing?

Haven't played DMC:DMC that much but I thought the gameplay was alright, not amazing but not the worst. It's the story which is the problem, if we just just skip it and blank all those part out then it can maybe, maybe be a 5-6/10 game.

Also I never reached that part in the game but I really don't see why that's a problem, It's a just a game and killing anyone is seen as a good thing (depending on plot) so I'm not sure why this is so different.

Well for DMC1, @nombre_en_uso867 I. beg of you, please, SAVE YOUR ITEMS! Don't use any until DMD mode.... Even check a guide to see all the star locations and such. It will save you the absolute atrocity that is DMD mode xD you will cry. Nightmare is a nightmare and Mundus will ride your ass like there's no tomorrow ! Honestly @ObliviousSenpai kinda knows what he is saying given how much PTSD that mode gave me. And yes the worst boss is the camera hands down. So yep...hoard those items and prepare to cry lol. 

For dmc2 just slap some cheats and be done with it as fast as possible. And dmc3 welll... Its a gem so you wont have any issues. Just git gud. Game gives you all the tools you need. 

As for the reboot. The story is 1/10 i agree but the rest is not bad. The level design, platforming and combat is quite fresh and some of the ideas were added in dmc5 even. Yes it is easy as hell and you have no taunt button but the definitive edition fixes all that. The only fault with the reboot is the absolute ass characters, the horrible dialogue and the disaster that was the PR when they called the gamers entitled or something. 

And the one who shoots the lady is not a hero by any means (no spoilers :P ) I believe the reboot is a game that you must actually play in order to form an opinion (by that I mean that OP will see for himself whether the game is trash or not since the game is so divisive) . 

Oh and dmc5 is stellar. Best action game out there hands down. But i already said that. 

25 minutes ago, LucileRosethorn said:

Also I never reached that part in the game but I really don't see why that's a problem, It's a just a game and killing anyone is seen as a good thing (depending on plot) so I'm not sure why this is so different.

I think it's just trying to find every reason to hate the game. The "pregnant woman" he's talking about is a demon that's carrying the child of Mundus. And it's not like she's an innocent or something like that either, so I don't see what's so wrong with Dante eliminating her. That being said, the story for DmC is terrible.