Reaching the Boss without getting hit

Tristan_B3av3r

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This challenge was insanely frustrating for me. It seems really easy on paper, and by the time you go for this you’ll likely have every single room and all enemy spawn points memorized like I did, and yet there’s still so many tiny things that can go wrong to make this no damage challenge hell on earth. I’ve done countless games a hundred times harder than this one, yet for a day or two I really thought ReadySet fucking Heroes was going to be the game that finally defeated me because I just couldn’t do this.?

One of the worst things is how the game forces you into split screen mode, as it will make you blind to the precise movement of things like projectiles, archers, spinning sawblades etc, even when you know exactly where they are positioned. The lack of vision means you don’t see them until they’re on your screen and already about to hit you. Another is the pure rng nature of this and how it really comes down to which rooms spawn for you. You also need to be careful of not locking yourself into animations all the time.

The ONLY tip I found that is useful in any way for this challenge:

- If you are struggling, go spend an hour or two playing survival mode and levelling up a character of your choice. I would suggest Willow as she starts with 100 attack & speed in her base stats

- When you go back to Crawl n Brawl, click the settings in the top right corner and enable perks for your run. This will activate your stats, allowing you to start with a stronger character and get a leg up. I ended up doing it with a Lvl 3 Willow who started with 300 Attack & Speed (this makes a huge difference!). You can level all the way up to level 5 if you don’t mind spending the time.

- Select whichever perks you deem most useful to your style of play. I personally chose the ones that start you off with a Common sword, and the one that boosts your sword damage.

- Another viable (and safer) strategy is to try and get a high level staff as soon as possible and focus on ranged attacks. Set your perks accordingly. There’s a perk to start off with a common staff if you want to use one from the very start. A rare or epic staff is super OP from range and can make most of this challenge a cake walk if you’re lucky enough to get one early on!

Good luck to anyone doing this, and I hope it doesn’t take you nearly as long as it took me… 

• Like 2