early_sound

AFK first person trophy?

12 posts in this topic

I attempted this twice (PS4 running for hours) online and single player, but have about 1:30 hours listed on my stats. Can anyone confirm that you can't AFK this trophy?

You can, I did it by sitting in a car for the required time. For some reason it boots you out of it if you just stand around after a while.

i'll try that. I rubberbanded for most of the day yesterday and got to 7:30 hours. Now logging on today, in single player the stats counter has reset. 🙄

That is bizarre (regarding the reset). I AFKd this when inside a safehouse (in single player mode) and left my controller plugged in. No rubberbanding needed.

Edited by i-kicked-a-brit

Very strange indeed. I got my time between offline mode and online mode. I also had to got a little more than 15 hours for the trophy to pop.

Edited by Hibari-shugosha

i did 15 hours online and 45min offline. the trophy popped so thats good. but only my online progress remained. single player I had around 5 hours afk but the stats show 45 min. for all 3 characters.

I got it through AFK although the game has been updated since then. On a day I wasn't planning on playing on my PS4 I just booted the game, selected Trevor who was walking on a park, switched to the first-person view then I just left my controller with a rubber band (just in case the game would stop registering the time if no movement was registered) while plugged to my PS4 so the battery wouldn't die. 15 hours later I popped the trophy.

I did something similar in single player, but the stats only list 45 mins, after being afk for 5 hours

On 19.01.2020 at 11:47 AM, early_sound said:

I did something similar in single player, but the stats only list 45 mins, after being afk for 5 hours

Did you manually save the game after those 5 hours? If you were AFK, auto-save wasn’t active, so closing app without manual save could reset the stats.

i did it over night and the first time it only said about an hour when it should’ve been way longer but i just did it the next night and it was fine, this was in story 

On 1/21/2020 at 9:55 AM, Se7en said:

Did you manually save the game after those 5 hours? If you were AFK, auto-save wasn’t active, so closing app without manual save could reset the stats.

I didn't consider that, but makes sense. I didn't manually save, good advice