Video Guide for the 2 Controller trick

BushidoCypher

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 2:09 PM, Bushido_Cypher said:
What's up Clan! Today I have a video on how to obtain some of the difficult trophies in the Metal Slug Anthology (Anyone who grew up playing these in the arcade had a good childhood ;) )

Anyways I hope the video helps and if you have any questions on the exploit or the game in general feel free to ask guys!

As always, consider joining the Clan if you're not a member yet and smash that like button for ya boi!

it does not work on metal slug 6 though

4 hours ago, KANERKB said:

it does not work on metal slug 6 though

It does but you have to be faster at it :)
The MOMENT you die before you get the continue screen press start on the opposite controller depending on which one isn't actively controlling a character and it works :)
Hope that helps mate.

Edited by Bushido_Cypher
Missing information.
  • Like 2

Just now, Bushido_Cypher said:

It does but you have to be faster at it :)
The MOMENT you die before you get the continue screen press it and it works :)
Hope that helps mate.

ah thanks that worked, now just need to do the 10 saving the people who were captured in metal slug 4 and 5 and that is it, thanks

32 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

ah thanks that worked, now just need to do the 10 saving the people who were captured in metal slug 4 and 5 and that is it, thanks

Anytime mate! I got to 6 myself and said AH SHIT you're kidding me then found out you just have to do it a bit differently LOL

I have a video for those as well, should it be of use! 
Timestamps down below to each Metal Slug so you can quickly go to 4 and 5.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Anytime mate! I got to 6 myself and said AH SHIT you're kidding me then found out you just have to do it a bit differently LOL

I have a video for those as well, should it be of use! 
Timestamps down below to each Metal Slug so you can quickly go to 4 and 5.

yep it did, I kept messing up on metal slug 4 with the gun that shoots you on the boss as the damn thing would make me jump into the rockets I tried to shoot at but I got it plus I got the ones in metal slug 5 too without much problems, I will say you should say in the video that if you go to the random woman who walks up and down with stuff in her bag and not let her fall she will count to it along with the others you save so I got 11 then just normal 10. Also got the plat thanks dude

4 hours ago, KANERKB said:

yep it did, I kept messing up on metal slug 4 with the gun that shoots you on the boss as the damn thing would make me jump into the rockets I tried to shoot at but I got it plus I got the ones in metal slug 5 too without much problems, I will say you should say in the video that if you go to the random woman who walks up and down with stuff in her bag and not let her fall she will count to it along with the others you save so I got 11 then just normal 10. Also got the plat thanks dude

Happy to help mate! CONGRATS on the platinum, to be honest I didn't even noticed she counted :o
Awesome tip mate thanks for that, 4 can be a bit tricky because of the damn turret but I knew you'd get it :D

• Like 2

Don't really care about this anymore, although I do find amusement in people bragging about doing this and having an ultra rare trophy lmao. That's like fucking a prostitute and being proud you had sex because you're a stud lmfao, people man. But alright, who am I to crap all over the happiness of people? Have a nice day lads, I'll slowly walk out of here. 

Edited by STARLOVE
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Thanks, my first ultra rare platinum :D 

Doing a full guide for I Am Bread as well, like I did with Surgeon so if you want more UR check em out ;)

11 hours ago, STARLOVE said:

Don't really care about this anymore, although I do find amusement in people bragging about doing this and having an ultra rare trophy lmao. That's like fucking a prostitute and being proud you had sex because you're a stud lmfao, people man. But alright, who am I to crap all over the happiness of people? Have a nice day lads, I'll slowly walk out of here. 

I find more amusement about people thinking trophies have any actual value to be honest. It definitely is nothing like that but if trying to shit on others for them playing a game is how you like to enjoy games or feel good about yourself. Keep doing you pal!

Unless you sell trophies they literally have no value and should be treated as such. If you're playing a game and having fun then congrats you're doing it right. However if you're not having fun with the hobby best to pick up a new one! 
Best of luck matey.

Edited by Bushido_Cypher
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Bushido_Cypher said:

Doing a full guide for I Am Bread as well, like I did with Surgeon so if you want more UR check em out ;)

I find more amusement about people thinking trophies have any actual value to be honest. It definitely is nothing like that but if trying to shit on others for them playing a game is how you like to enjoy games or feel good about yourself. Keep doing you pal!

Unless you sell trophies they literally have no value and should be treated as such. If you're playing a game and having fun then congrats you're doing it right. However if you're not having fun with the hobby best to pick up a new one! 
Best of luck matey.

I agree, the people who care about trophies so much that they use exploits and even small guides for them to obtain the trophy anyway. Truly something else. Must be something else using invinsibility glitches and boring your way through a game just so one can hear the DING sound. Sounds like a blast to me.

Me personally, I just have fun. Too bad of a player to obtain a trophy? No problem for me! I respect that a lot more than being delusional. Not worth a discussion anymore though. Had those before and it always ends up the same. Enjoy your day.

Edited by STARLOVE
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/15/2020 at 10:39 AM, BushidoCypher said:
What's up Clan! Today I have a video on how to obtain some of the difficult trophies in the Metal Slug Anthology (Anyone who grew up playing these in the arcade had a good childhood ;) )

Anyways I hope the video helps and if you have any questions on the exploit or the game in general feel free to ask guys!

As always, consider joining the Clan if you're not a member yet and smash that like button for ya boi!

why did you remove your YouTube video? I guess the trick doesn’t work anymore?

I had the video saved because I was planning to try it at some point, then I noticed today it had disappeared. Surprisingly I can’t find another video on YouTube showing how to do it. 

Edited by Mr_Fluffy_Pants_

On 10/16/2023 at 2:55 PM, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

why did you remove your YouTube video? I guess the trick doesn’t work anymore?

I had the video saved because I was planning to try it at some point, then I noticed today it had disappeared. Surprisingly I can’t find another video on YouTube showing how to do it. 

I don't make guides anymore so I moved most videos to another channel & other smaller videos I just deleted. I still do platinum videos but not guides, wasn't worth doing anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

I guess the metal slug video was deleted then and not moved.

So the trick might still work? 

Def worth a shot I know people were still commenting on it saying it did in fact still work and I imagine something like that wouldn't be patched tbh hope it works for you

• Like 1

• 1 month later...