Difference between Bedrock and Editions

FebuKev

Hi,

I do not know anything about Minecraft but would like to buy one in order to try.

Please, can someone tell me what is the difference between the new Bedrock and the Editions?

If I buy Bedrock, can I get all the trophies (even those saying "Editions only") or should I get both versions for that?

Thank you,

13 minutes ago, FebuKev said:

Hi,

I do not know anything about Minecraft but would like to buy one in order to try.

Please, can someone tell me what is the difference between the new Bedrock and the Editions?

If I buy Bedrock, can I get all the trophies (even those saying "Editions only") or should I get both versions for that?

Thank you,

Yes, there's an option on the main menu to switch between the old version and the new version

18 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Yes, there's an option on the main menu to switch between the old version and the new version

That option is bugged and doesn't appear for new players who buy the game brand new, thus the only way to get it to work - is to buy a retail copy of the original release of the game and upgrade that to the Bedrock Edition by installing the latest patch:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That option is bugged and doesn't appear for new players who buy the game brand new, thus the only way to get it to work - is to buy a retail copy of the original release of the game and upgrade that to the Bedrock Edition by installing the latest patch:

Thank you guys, so I guess the best thing is buying a physical copy of the old version.

That would be great that they fix the problem so we can access with the new version.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Hopefully they fix that quickly 

• 1 month later...
On 15.1.2020 at 4:27 PM, HuntingFever said:

Hello friends,

i tried exactly this and i extra bought the old version Minecraft PS4 Editions. Also with installing that and then making the updates the Switching Option is still not available. So there is no chance at the moment to get the Expansion 2 Trophies right? There must be another option maybe but buying the Minecraft PS4 Edition on Physical copy and then update doesnt work for me...
Even the support doesnt answer since release of that...

34 minutes ago, Al_Caporzel said:

Hello friends,

i tried exactly this and i extra bought the old version Minecraft PS4 Editions. Also with installing that and then making the updates the Switching Option is still not available. So there is no chance at the moment to get the Expansion 2 Trophies right? There must be another option maybe but buying the Minecraft PS4 Edition on Physical copy and then update doesnt work for me...
Even the support doesnt answer since release of that...

I got advice from @HuntingFever in a separate thread as to which physical edition allows for switching between versions (LINK), I bought it last week and it works without any problems. Is this the edition you bought?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, det_gittes said:

I got advice from @HuntingFever in a separate thread as to which physical edition allows for switching between versions (LINK), I bought it last week and it works without any problems. Is this the edition you bought?

This^

You need a very specific retail version of the game, before the Editions button will appear.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Segnitude-_ said:

@HuntingFever well i just payed £45 for the game retail. 

im sorry to be a pain but if you know how anyway i can stop it bugging out could u give me a kinda step by step guide because its alot of money i dont wanna fuck it up

If you have the original release (the one with Diamond Armour Steve on the cover) then you should be good to go but I've also seen at least one report of someone who had that version, yet was unable to get the Editions button to appear so unfortunately it looks like a case of pot luck and cross your fingers whilst praying it works :(.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

19 minutes ago, Segnitude-_ said:

@HuntingFever 

right so i guess i will wait and see , the game was just bought brand new from amazon so im praying it works. thanks for the help mate.

Well, I bought the game as linked above and then I didn't do anything extra, just installed it (with all updates) and it lets me switch between editions without any issues. I guess it will work for you just fine ;)

On 22/03/2020 at 2:44 PM, det_gittes said:

Well, I bought the game as linked above and then I didn't do anything extra, just installed it (with all updates) and it lets me switch between editions without any issues. I guess it will work for you just fine ;)

thanks for that. i bought from the exact same link, but i had to buy from that like new and used section, it was brand new and fulfilled by amazon im just praying it works

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2020 at 0:23 PM, Segnitude-_ said:

well i got the game brand new, put it in the playstation and nope no editions. i literally knew this would happen so its physically impossible for me to get 100% thats so stupid

In that case, I'm completely stumped and have no idea how to fix this :(.