Hold up and turn at the same time?

Legchomper

Hey guys, I managed to get the S rank eventually using the hold up and slam down but there was a bit that first presented itself in level 5-6 I had no idea how to do. if you look at this video at 25/26 seconds it has up turn and then hold up but by the time I turn the wings go down and they won't go back up, but this video clearly shows they can but I've tried holding up and turning and pressing up again after the turn but they lag and wont go up in time so what am I doing wrong? Also there's trophies for completing the levels on S rank, does that mean I have to S rank all sections or can I get away with like 3 A's too? thanks. 

Hey! So to answer your questions: 

• As far as I remember, you don't need to keep pressing "up" if you are in the air. Now, only "perfect turns" will allow you to stay airborne after turning, otherwise you'll fall to the ground. I suggest learning how to do this, as it will be crucial for getting S-ranks later on! The "slam down" technique, as you describe it, is very important for getting S-ranks, and many times you'll need to slam down after a couple of turns. 

• As mentioned above, you need to S-rank every single subsection to get an S-rank for the chapter. 

Good luck, and have fun! This game is fantastic ?

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

Hey guys, I managed to get the S rank eventually using the hold up and slam down but there was a bit that first presented itself in level 5-6 I had no idea how to do. if you look at this video at 25/26 seconds it has up turn and then hold up but by the time I turn the wings go down and they won't go back up, but this video clearly shows they can but I've tried holding up and turning and pressing up again after the turn but they lag and wont go up in time so what am I doing wrong? Also there's trophies for completing the levels on S rank, does that mean I have to S rank all sections or can I get away with like 3 A's too? thanks. 

Hello Blaidd-Cysgodol  :wave:

=> To keep up you need to keep pressing X (not up), and make a perfect turn to keep being up after the turn (you know you did it right with this special sound ... a little like a metallic thing ^^)

But FYI you don't need to get all those blue rings to get an S ! The slam down is way more important :) So if you can't get a perfect turn to get a specific blue ring, don't worry, you can miss a lot of them and still get an S rank ;)

=> As others mentioned, yes you need to get S in every part to get global S rank !

Don't forget that when you press start, you can restart previous section if you didn't get an S ;) ( and only the previous one or the current one ! So don't wait too much to restart if you didn't have S ;) )

Just take care in the boss parts ! The level ends quick and you have to be very quick if you didn't have an S. If you want to be sure, when you start the final part of a level, press start and quit game, and backup your save (on cloud with PS+ or USB flash drive). If you don't have an S and are too slow to restart last section, just leave game and get your save back ... and restart from last part of level ;)

Good luck and have fun, this game is amazing in VR :)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Hey! So to answer your questions: 

• As far as I remember, you don't need to keep pressing "up" if you are in the air. Now, only "perfect turns" will allow you to stay airborne after turning, otherwise you'll fall to the ground. I suggest learning how to do this, as it will be crucial for getting S-ranks later on! The "slam down" technique, as you describe it, is very important for getting S-ranks, and many times you'll need to slam down after a couple of turns. 

• As mentioned above, you need to S-rank every single subsection to get an S-rank for the chapter. 

Good luck, and have fun! This game is fantastic 1f642.png

9 hours ago, seblegamer said:

Hello Blaidd-Cysgodol  :wave:

=> To keep up you need to keep pressing X (not up), and make a perfect turn to keep being up after the turn (you know you did it right with this special sound ... a little like a metallic thing ^^)

But FYI you don't need to get all those blue rings to get an S ! The slam down is way more important :) So if you can't get a perfect turn to get a specific blue ring, don't worry, you can miss a lot of them and still get an S rank ;)

=> As others mentioned, yes you need to get S in every part to get global S rank !

Don't forget that when you press start, you can restart previous section if you didn't get an S ;) ( and only the previous one or the current one ! So don't wait too much to restart if you didn't have S ;) )

Just take care in the boss parts ! The level ends quick and you have to be very quick if you didn't have an S. If you want to be sure, when you start the final part of a level, press start and quit game, and backup your save (on cloud with PS+ or USB flash drive). If you don't have an S and are too slow to restart last section, just leave game and get your save back ... and restart from last part of level ;)

Good luck and have fun, this game is amazing in VR :)

Thanks guys, I can do the timing pretty good now but I do the first hoop thing, then turn and I can let go of up as long as I got the perfect turn and the beetle will stay in the air? that's good to know thanks. So far I've S ranked all levels up to 6-19. I've done all parts fine, but because it's a long level it's taking some time. I'm using the "blank account" method to get the platinum before I install it on my profile. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, AiManiaTrophyhunting said:

Thank you all for your input, this thread was very helpful in giving me hope. I had the same problem in section 5-6 and was able to beat everything up to level 5-11 now. This time I try to stay positive and beat the game/platinum eventually.

You got this! 

• 3 months later...

With regard to mastering the perfect turn to stay airborne; although this makes things a little easier to get S ranks in the later levels buy collecting the blue rings, it's not vital. I never quite mastered it (could perfect turn fine when on the ground, just couldn't seem to get the timing right when airborne after a jump) but got the plat a few months back. You just have to get as many ordinary perfect turns and pretty much hit every beat to compensate for the points you miss by not getting the blue rings. Can be done.

On 9/17/2020 at 11:08 PM, mrmorden76 said:

With regard to mastering the perfect turn to stay airborne; although this makes things a little easier to get S ranks in the later levels buy collecting the blue rings, it's not vital. I never quite mastered it (could perfect turn fine when on the ground, just couldn't seem to get the timing right when airborne after a jump) but got the plat a few months back. You just have to get as many ordinary perfect turns and pretty much hit every beat to compensate for the points you miss by not getting the blue rings. Can be done.

Yeah, I finished it a while ago too.