JoaLoft

The Best and Worst of Uncharted [PERSONAL INQUIRY]

12 posts in this topic

Obviously the best Uncharted game is Uncharted: Fight For Fortune.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know buddy, I agree on everything you stated. The problems you had with U3 crushing are the same I had with U1 lol. I found U2 crushing more playable than the first. I still don't start the crushing playthrough in U3 so yeah, not gonna discuss about that.

Uncharted surely is a memorable franchise. I've posted a thread sharing my thoughts, rants and random stuff but your thread is more objective and elaborate. Good job, There needs to be more of these threads in these forums.

I might add that the music REALLY is awesome. Few days ago I was listening to this. The ost is something worth mentiong.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, damon8r351 said:

Obviously the best Uncharted game is Uncharted: Fight For Fortune.

I'd say 4 and Golden Abyss are better, but FFF is absolutely top 3.

 

4 = GA > FFF > 1 > 3 > Lost Legacy > 2 I'd say. I couldn't stand 2.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with a lot of what you said, although I'd say Rafe was the best villain easily. He almost acted like a foil to Nathan Drake. Somebody who had the fortune and the resources handed to him yet accomplished nothing. Drake on the other hand came from nothing and doesn't have much in the way of resources or monetary wealth, yet he manages to make some incredible discoveries. Sure Rafe is jealous, but it's because Drake has accomplished what Rafe's only dreamt of doing and I think that's handled well throughout the game. As for Lazarevic, he's just a menacing guy that wanted to take over the world, I think - honestly I can't remember what his master plan was because he wasn't all too memorable. 

 

I'd also place Uncharted 1 above 3 because 3 was just horrible, one of the worst games I've ever played. It felt like a complete step back from Uncharted 2 in every way. Uncharted 1 was the first in the series and it at least improved by the second half in my opinion. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

I agree with a lot of what you said, although I'd say Rafe was the best villain easily. He almost acted like a foil to Nathan Drake. Somebody who had the fortune and the resources handed to him yet accomplished nothing. Drake on the other hand came from nothing and doesn't have much in the way of resources or monetary wealth, yet he manages to make some incredible discoveries. Sure Rafe is jealous, but it's because Drake has accomplished what Rafe's only dreamt of doing and I think that's handled well throughout the game. As for Lazarevic, he's just a menacing guy that wanted to take over the world, I think - honestly I can't remember what his master plan was because he wasn't all too memorable. 

 

I'd also place Uncharted 1 above 3 because 3 was just horrible, one of the worst games I've ever played. It felt like a complete step back from Uncharted 2 in every way. Uncharted 1 was the first in the series and it at least improved by the second half in my opinion. 

 

I think they are both great in their own way. Uncharted 2 feels more like a traditional action movie, whereas Uncharted 4 focuses more on character development. Hence the reason I noted that you can take the flawed persona of Rafe and add that as a positive. Lazarević was a stereotypical bad guy, sure. He was pretty one-dimensional too. But he's the best kind of one-dimensional villain. They both fit the mold of the bigger scope. I think I put Lazarević a bit higher because I was slightly more impressed by him than I was by Rafe. But then again, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

 

15 minutes ago, madbuk said:

I'd say 4 and Golden Abyss are better, but FFF is absolutely top 3.

 

4 = GA > FFF > 1 > 3 > Lost Legacy > 2 I'd say. I couldn't stand 2.

 

Never played Golden Abyss and Fight For Fortune, so I can't comment on those. ;)

 

Big surprise you couldn't stand Uncharted 2, most people would regard that one as their favorite.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely hated that they shoe horned a brother in Uncharted 4.  While the story telling was very good.  It took away many great possible moments in U4.  And for that, U4 is my least favorite Uncharted.  

 

It was almost like they wanted some way to get Troy Baker and Nolan North together because of their rapport. So they were like, surprise!  Nate has a brother!  Without any fricken mention of it in any prior Uncharted game. It was just poor writing.  I hate it.

 

EDIT:  I don't hate U4, it was a good game.  I hate they added a brother.  It was unnecessary, and took away great storylines that could have played out between Elena, and Sully.  Ya know characters we cared about.

 

U2 is the best in my opinion.  U4 is my least favorite despite still being very good 

Edited by NxtDutch
Correction
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NxtDutch said:

I absolutely hated that they shoe horned a brother in Uncharted 4.  While the story telling was very good.  It took away many great possible moments in U4.  And for that, U4 is my least favorite Uncharted.  

 

It was almost like they wanted some way to get Troy Baker and Nolan North together because of their rapport. So they were like, surprise!  Nate has a brother!  Without any fricken mention of it in any prior Uncharted game. It was just poor writing.  I hate it.

I agree. I felt like his brother was just inserted in to the story and really didn't make much sense. I feel like he'd been mentioned at least once in a previous game!

 

Personally, I liked 3 the best. I felt like it was a more polished version of 2. I'd go...

 

3 > 2 > 4 > LL > 1. 

 

And I enjoyed all of them so it wasn't easy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I agree. I felt like his brother was just inserted in to the story and really didn't make much sense. I feel like he'd been mentioned at least once in a previous game!

 

Personally, I liked 3 the best. I felt like it was a more polished version of 2. I'd go...

 

3 > 2 > 4 > LL > 1. 

 

And I enjoyed all of them so it wasn't easy.

 

The only thing they hinted in U3 is that Drake wasn't Nathan's real surname

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very good thoughts on a franchise I love. I agree with a lot of what you have posted and disagree with some also. 

 

First thing I disagree on is UC3 being the hardest on crushing. Personally of the first 3 games I thought it was the easiest and the first was the hardest.

 

My personal order for the series including Lost Legacy would be 2,1,LL,4,3.

 

Yes I place LL before 4. LL felt more like an Uncharted game than 4 did. Obviously you can tell the Naughty Dog implemented some of The Last of Us into 4 with the gameplay. Because of that I didn't like 4 as much. I also thought 4 just drug on for to long. Lost Legacy pace was perfect. 

 

Don't get me wrong I like all the Uncharted games a lot and would recommend them to anyone.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After playing them once (only 1,2,3,Golden Abyss), I'd rank them so:

1) Golden Abyss 

2) Uncharted 3

3) Uncharted 2

4) Uncharted 1

Edited by Vytautas20
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.