Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SnowbellKitty

Ranking confidants... I am worried

9 posts in this topic

I am in my second playthrough already, somewhere between the 20th and 31th of October, so I have only two months left, and there are two confidants at rank 0 because the story is moving on (after Palace #5), and it does not let me start them: The King (starts on 9/4, so I lost over a month of not ranking him up, thanks I think to the fishing trophy **more on it below), because the Mementos door was not opening yet for me to face the cheater the first time, when he's invincible, and now because the game does not allow me to head back into mementos before we "find out" who is the next target (Palace #6). And Haru is the other one at rank 0, because the rooftop was always closed, and she'll only be available starting on 10/30.
Anyway, will two months be enough? As for Iwai, Hifumi and Mishima, they are all rank 9, Ohya is 8, and the twins are at 1. The rest are 10, except for Futaba (at 5 or 6), because of a Mementos request, and I still can't access mementos.

**I had to waste time and money/pts at the pond for several days, but I made sure it was always when there were no one available. Ugh! I don't want it to be 360 hours straight (that is what three runs would amount to) . I love this game, but I want to play something else too. I have been playing only this since I bought the console last Xmas.

P.S.: I know I can use Chihaya and the Shrine to advance the rank 0 people, but I am still worried about having only two months now. So, that is why I am asking if it will be enough time.

Edited by SnowbellKitty

You might be able to rank up the twins if you have or can make the Personas they want. Iwai, Hifumi, Mishima, and Ohya you might be able to get to max rank but I forget when their cut-off dates are. Haru I'm not sure since I remember you have to kind of make time for her because of how late you get her. Futaba you should be able to get her since I'm pretty sure she shows up often.

The thing that sticks out to me though is how you said you spent some days doing the fishing trophy which if you don't manage to do it in this playthrough then the fishing trophy is definitely the culprit. You could have waited until one of the dates for the Torrential Rain weather (8/27 being the latest) and then saved before fishing. If you didn't get it, then just load the save and even if you did get it and get the trophy just reload anyway since doing that will take up time for Confidants that you probably need. But if you got it already then I guess just ignore that, but I do think that if you don't get the Confidants that could be the biggest reason.

But yeah, I would definitely try to get all the high ranked ones that you can and try to see Haru as much as you can. But if it comes down to picking between her and Futaba I would go with Futaba since she is the highest. Definitely also see if you can get the twins since I would assume that you could by now if it is your second playthrough so you should have enough money to make the Personas they want.

Thanks for the quick reply. My main worry is that both Haru and The King are available only during daylight, but the latter is only available four days a week, while Haru is available five days a week. Plus, not all days will be free, and plus the three days I'll have to waste on the cheater request. Can you clarify on "The Tower" confidant, time wise? (2 months). You did forget about him. I know he needs 11 visits.

As for the twins, I will farm the Reaper during the first. Then I can rank them up for free, even though I have max money.

Edited by SnowbellKitty

1 hour ago, SnowbellKitty said:

Thanks for the quick reply. My main worry is that both Haru and The King are available only during daylight, but the latter is only available four days a week, while Haru is available five days a week. Plus, not all days will be free, and plus the three days I'll have to waste on the cheater request. Can you clarify on "The Tower" confidant, time wise? (2 months). You did forget about him. I know he needs 11 visits.

As for the twins, I will farm the Reaper during the first. Then I can rank them up for free, even though I have max money.

For Oda I guess it would depend on how quick you can get the others. I would try seeing him when you next can and see what happens but to be safe, I would make a save just in case. If you can't rank him up in time, then just go for the ones that are already high ranked. Like I said, I would prioritize the ones that are already high ranked but at the same time I don't remember all the dates they show up exactly which would probably help a lot more so you can plan ahead at least.

If there is one thing I can mention, is I think Oda shows up at night on rainy days so if you have that thing from the teacher that lets you go out at night a bit longer that should help.

39 minutes ago, SnowbellKitty said:

Platinumed.

Chihaya was a great help.

As long as you had fun getting platinum, that's what matters. Well that and saving Christmas. I'm sure plenty of people picked up P5 on a holiday sale this Christmas. 

On 1/19/2020 at 11:02 AM, RockstarBreh said:

As long as you had fun getting platinum, that's what matters. Well that and saving Christmas. I'm sure plenty of people picked up P5 on a holiday sale this Christmas. 

I did have a lot of fun, I think this might have been the best game I have ever played, which is weird, considering I am not fond of turn-based combat or JRPGs in general. This goes to show the extreme quality of Atlus as a developer, for sure.

The only thing I disliked were the random people (whom feature when one is leveling up confidants). I wanted to know more about my friends, not the randoms. I specially hated Eiko (the one Makoto wants to help out).

Yes, I picked up my console this Xmas, but P5 itself, I had gotten it 11 months before Xmas. Lol. It was my 1st PS4 blu-ray, and now it has finally been played. I can't wait for P5 Royal.

Now, I am currently working on Horizon Zero Dawn, which is also awesome, and I should finish Detroit: Become Human already, but P5  and HZD got in its way. After these two, it will probably be RDR2, 'cause I'll most likely need some realistic fun as a break from the fantasy stuff, before other titles that are somewhat similar to HZD and P5, like The Witcher III. I do prefer sci-fi anyway, so I am well served thus far. 😊 PS4 life will be awesome.

Edited by SnowbellKitty

On 1/22/2020 at 10:42 PM, SnowbellKitty said:

I wanted to know more about my friends, not the randoms. I specially hated Eiko (the one Makoto wants to help out).

Now, I am currently working on Horizon Zero Dawn, which is also awesome, and I should finish Detroit: Become Human already, but P5  and HZD got in its way. After these two, it will probably be RDR2, 'cause I'll most likely need some realistic fun as a break from the fantasy stuff, before other titles that are somewhat similar to HZD and P5, like The Witcher III. I do prefer sci-fi anyway, so I am well served thus far. 1f60a.png PS4 life will be awesome.

Yeah that's how I felt about certain confidants. Looks like you and I both are excited for P5R. Here's to hoping it doesn't get delayed.

HZD, RDR2 both are excellent games. I haven't played D:BH yet so you'll have to let me know. TW3 was wonderful. We appear to like similar games that cover a variety of genres. Its refreshing to see.

I just randomly opened this thread and was pleasantly surprised with the positivity here. That's a real bromance right there. Loved reading your interactions. :D