I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l

Did they tone down insane difficulty?

10 posts in this topic

I haven't played this game for a year or two, and randomly just done a nightmare run. However it felt much easier, I only conceded 7 deaths, 4-5 of them were just forgetting where to go and wouldn't happen again. The game feels much easier. My question is, does insane difficulty still base itself on nightmare? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did release a patch, not sure when exactly, that removed a lot of chase elements and enemies I think. But it possibly changed other stuff, so it's more balanced but easier. Though people have said that insane is random, and is harder than nightmare, things happen on insane that never happened on nightmare, even after rigorous testing. I can't prove this. But I do know that microphone no longer uses battery, which helps a lot.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheBonobo4 said:

They did release a patch, not sure when exactly, that removed a lot of chase elements and enemies I think. But it possibly changed other stuff, so it's more balanced but easier. Though people have said that insane is random, and is harder than nightmare, things happen on insane that never happened on nightmare, even after rigorous testing. I can't prove this. But I do know that microphone no longer uses battery, which helps a lot.

I dont think it is random, just the pressure of dying. I've taken silly deaths so far, and have been able to tweak them out. So far I'm able to complete chapter 1 every time, but nick and laird always find a way to put an arrow into me 🤦‍♀️

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They changed a lot of things over several patches. They took some encounters out entirely, made some more forgiving, changed some others slightly and made two harder than before. Overall the game was made easier because two of the encounters that were made easier or taken out were absolutely unforgiving and demanded split second perfection, and you can abuse the microphone now to anticipate enemies movements without losing battery life for it, which is crucial for some of the better strategies to work safely. Insane difficulty is no joke though, no matter how many times you test an encounter on nightmare you still need to be ready to improvise because insane has a tendency to throw shit at you that never happened on nightmare, also theres a few bugs that can and will screw up your run completely, like the crawling bug or an enemy being frozen in place blocking the only way to progress. So yes you can say they toned it down overall, but its still a massive pain in the ass and can be screwed up by bad luck any time.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

They changed a lot of things over several patches. They took some encounters out entirely, made some more forgiving, changed some others slightly and made two harder than before. Overall the game was made easier because two of the encounters that were made easier or taken out were absolutely unforgiving and demanded split second perfection, and you can abuse the microphone now to anticipate enemies movements without losing battery life for it, which is crucial for some of the better strategies to work safely. Insane difficulty is no joke though, no matter how many times you test an encounter on nightmare you still need to be ready to improvise because insane has a tendency to throw shit at you that never happened on nightmare, also theres a few bugs that can and will screw up your run completely, like the crawling bug or an enemy being frozen in place blocking the only way to progress. So yes you can say they toned it down overall, but its still a massive pain in the ass and can be screwed up by bad luck any time.

Yeah I figured that with the mines, however I found a strategy that works 9 times out of ten. Throughout chapter 1/2 everything felt the same though 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l said:

Yeah I figured that with the mines, however I found a strategy that works 9 times out of ten. Throughout chapter 1/2 everything felt the same though 

The first encounter in the mines used to be the encounter I feared the most because it was so late into the game and it appeared to be random whether the commonly used strategies like getting pulled out of the crack in the wall or sneaking back into the main tunnel through the crack would actually work, definitely was nowhere near 100%. I tested this encounter to death with a buddy of mine, we developed three strategies we haven't seen anywhere online and they worked 100% of the time so far because they abuse the knowledge we had about how the ai works in this encounter and eliminated any impact the randomness of one of the heretics path timings could have had. So let's just say the mines should not be any issue if you ever make it there on insane, as every encounter can be done 100% safely unless it actually bugs out in a major way.

 

They took out some encounters in chapter 1-2, including a ridiculously tight chase from the church in chapter 1 and an entire Nick&Laird encounter in chapter 2 before you retrieve your camera, so definitely some changes there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

The first encounter in the mines used to be the encounter I feared the most because it was so late into the game and it appeared to be random whether the commonly used strategies like getting pulled out of the crack in the wall or sneaking back into the main tunnel through the crack would actually work, definitely was nowhere near 100%. I tested this encounter to death with a buddy of mine, we developed three strategies we haven't seen anywhere online and they worked 100% of the time so far because they abuse the knowledge we had about how the ai works in this encounter and eliminated any impact the randomness of one of the heretics path timings could have had. So let's just say the mines should not be any issue if you ever make it there on insane, as every encounter can be done 100% safely unless it actually bugs out in a major way.

 

They took out some encounters in chapter 1-2, including a ridiculously tight chase from the church in chapter 1 and an entire Nick&Laird encounter in chapter 2 before you retrieve your camera, so definitely some changes there.

Yeah the mines I run all the way back to the top, turn left and go through the door and instead of turning right to the barrel I turn left and use my microphone. From there I go to the planks of wood in the first room and wait for the enemy to come through, I then circle around the planks, get up and make a run for it down the mines. Every time I've done this the second enemy has never been anywhere to be seen. I can do chapter 1 first time every time, and chapter 3- to the end first time every time. Its just chapter 2 with the arrows 

Edited by I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

This should work seeing how it was made in 2020 so if you are having issues use this, im about to try now and update if it worked

OK it doesnt work you randomly die during the glitch

Edited by HarvZGames
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes sense. I was wondering why there was a spike in platinums for this game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2020 at 2:38 PM, TheBonobo4 said:

They did release a patch, not sure when exactly, that removed a lot of chase elements and enemies I think. But it possibly changed other stuff, so it's more balanced but easier. Though people have said that insane is random, and is harder than nightmare, things happen on insane that never happened on nightmare, even after rigorous testing. I can't prove this. But I do know that microphone no longer uses battery, which helps a lot.

I can confirm somethings only happens on insane..... that's literally why most of people will die

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.