Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to November 19th 2020

Valyrious

I'm livid not because of the delay, but because of how now the game's coming out at the beginning of the fall semester (where I barely have any time because of college). Originally had it still been planning to release on April 15th, I would've been able to wait to play it over the summer, where I'm much more free and could take my time with it. Not only that, but it's releasing a couple weeks after Avengers too, so that's even more troublesome. It's also frustrating that it's releasing so close to PS5 that I might as well just wait to play it on next-gen with backwards compatibility. 

You have plenty of games and TV-shows to keep you entertained for God knows how long until Cyberpunk 2077 release and being completely polished. Glitches and bugs free which what every gamer asks for. As for me, I'm not buying Cyberpunk 2077, because I'm not fan of "First Person View".

Long live, gamers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/1/2020 at 6:37 PM, Neef-GT5 said:

Now THAT really s***...

That being said, better have a delayed game than an unfinished one.

The delay will add one more good reason for me to not buy it at D1.

For a lot of users in The WItcher 3, the first loading screen was black, impossible to load the game.

I'll probably buy in the future a complete edition of Cyberpunk with multiplayer and all updates added on disc version 

• 4 months later...

? Pretty bummed about this but if it means a better game I'm just going to continue to have to be patient. On the bright side it gives me more time to play Destiny 2: Beyond Light. I just hope the new date doesn't clash too much with Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. It also seems extremely close to launching around the next-gen consoles.

• Like 1

Im hoping the push back to Nov may have something to do with a PS5 version being available sooner than CD Projekt Red was initially leading us to believe. :ninja:

Either way I'll be waiting on this one until a next gen title is put out as I have way too much to play currently as it is.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

This is gonna be cross gen. Mark my words.

It was already confirmed when Microsoft announced crossbuy for Cyberpunk 2077 would entitle you to both the Xbox One and Series X versions.

The delay was most likely just to push all of the releases out at once instead of doing two separate ones barely two months apart

Take all the time you need to deliver a finished game, but yeah I agree it's a little fishy it's going to basically launch right with the new consoles now.

But honestly, considering neither xbox or playstation are launching with a killer app, this basically fits the bill for alot of people.

I think it's gonna be a rushed PS5 port or both versions will suffer with this little amount of time till the new consoles. Assuming that is what's happening.

For all we know the "next gen" versions aren't coming for months and months after the launch of xsx and ps5. I mean even GTA Online isn't coming day one and you'd expect that would be a simple game to port over and raise the resolution slightly and call it a day.