Beast_Mode255

Just a thought...

8 posts in this topic

**SPOILERS!!!**

I recently did 2 genocide runs and 1 pacifist run, and it REALLY made me wish they had made trophies related to those playthroughs, specifically one for beating sans. Idk, hopefully someday they may add DLC trophies(I know that doesn't happen too often unless they also release new content.) or maybe if we get another re-release of this game at some point, whether it be on the PS4 or the PS5, they'll make a whole new trophy list and have trophies for beating sans and one for beating Asriel....ya know, instead of having like half of the trophies being tied to donating gold to the dog shrine lol. 

Either way, I still love this game. One of my favorites of the last decade! I can't WAIT for Deltarune to be released on the PS4! (hopefully) 

I read somewhere that the developer hated the idea of trophies but was more or less forced into it. So, kind of out of spite, he created the thoughtlessly absurd trophy list we all know and love/hate. 

Also, Deltarune is available on PS4, is it not?

3 minutes ago, falconkicks said:

Yes just Episode 1 i believe and i think it's free too.

20 minutes ago, falconkicks said:

I read somewhere that the developer hated the idea of trophies but was more or less forced into it. So, kind of out of spite, he created the thoughtlessly absurd trophy list we all know and love/hate. 

Oh wow, you're right it is already on the PS4. I didn't know cuz for one, it wasn't on the PS Store(had to get it from my phone) and 2 it doesn't have any trophies so therefore it didn't ever appear on psnprofiles. 

Oh man I'm playing it right this second lol 

For anyone else looking for Deltarune on your PS4, it wont show up if you simply type it in on your ps4 in the PS Store, you have to go download it from the PS Store off of your phone(at least that's what I did) and THEN it'll be in your purchased library of games on your ps4(it's completely free.)

Edited by Beast_Mode255

On 16/01/2020 at 9:26 PM, Beast_Mode255 said:

For anyone else looking for Deltarune on your PS4, it wont show up if you simply type it in on your ps4 in the PS Store, you have to go download it from the PS Store off of your phone(at least that's what I did) and THEN it'll be in your purchased library of games on your ps4(it's completely free.)

I just got it by going to the demos section

On 1/16/2020 at 1:06 PM, Beast_Mode255 said:

**SPOILERS!!!**

I recently did 2 genocide runs and 1 pacifist run, and it REALLY made me wish they had made trophies related to those playthroughs, specifically one for beating sans. Idk, hopefully someday they may add DLC trophies(I know that doesn't happen too often unless they also release new content.) or maybe if we get another re-release of this game at some point, whether it be on the PS4 or the PS5, they'll make a whole new trophy list and have trophies for beating sans and one for beating Asriel....ya know, instead of having like half of the trophies being tied to donating gold to the dog shrine lol. 

Either way, I still love this game. One of my favorites of the last decade! I can't WAIT for Deltarune to be released on the PS4! (hopefully) 

I totally agree. Even if the developer hates the ideas of trophies they could still have made trophies that encouraged people to play the game in different ways. I am close to the end of the game and I am doing the pacifist run and I have no reason to go back and do a Genocide run not only because I don't like playing that way if I can avoid it but there are there is no point to it other than to just see what it is like. The game even comments that the only reason people would play a Genocide run is because they can not because they need to. For a game that is all about being a commentary on other types of RPGs they could have incorporated the trophies into that theme better.

agreed, man. You don't have to see a single ending to get the plat, so if you don't play *way* past platinum and invest three times as long as needed for the trophies, you're really missing out on the game as a whole. I get that the trophy list is tongue-in-cheek (I'm out of ideas, and then a dozen Dognation trophies. We get it, he hates trophies) which is funny, but it's humor at the cost of quality. If there were trophies for the easter eggs, (non)violent runs, and other things like that I'd bet good money that trophy hunters would appreciate the game more, and Toby Fox's hard work would be better highlighted and showcased because of it. Just because he didn't like the idea of trophies didn't mean that he had to throw them out of the window...idk, saved me a dozen hours of playing I guess. onto the next game

On 16/01/2020 at 9:06 PM, Beast_Mode255 said:

**SPOILERS!!!**

I feel ashamed to have this game on my Plat list because it was really easy and disappointing but i wanted to support the game and show my love for this amazing game. A no hit Sans trophy would definitely be a challenge but it would be so much more rewarding. I was actually going to make a post soon enough talking about the disappointing trophy list too. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.