Questions about the difficulty of Comrades *potential spoilers*

Ataldeath

so ive almost finished what's considered as the "first half" of Comrades. meaning I got roughly half of the sigils. now that the game is patched up and I'm resorting to using Goldens method to revert back to 1.26, how hard will the remainder of the DLC be? I mean I'm going to have to reconnect more nodes, probably do more missions all with just AI. is this doable? I figured maxing my weapons as much as possible is my only way to get ahead, but can I really solo the remainder of this DLC?

TIA!

14 minutes ago, Ataldeath said:

so ive almost finished what's considered as the "first half" of Comrades. meaning I got roughly half of the sigils. now that the game is patched up and I'm resorting to using Goldens method to revert back to 1.26, how hard will the remainder of the DLC be? I mean I'm going to have to reconnect more nodes, probably do more missions all with just AI. is this doable? I figured maxing my weapons as much as possible is my only way to get ahead, but can I really solo the remainder of this DLC?

TIA!

Honestly...... Yes you can but for atleast the 2 boss fights (ravus and ardyn, and Kenny the crow) will definitely be the worst experience in this whole thing doing them solo because both fights can kill even a maxed out player near instantly hell even a full team of them. So u have to be extremely careful and get really good at it but it's possible

• Like 1

You should be able to as long as you level up as much as you can. The second to last boss I found to be more frustrating than challenging because you pretty much have to rely on the AI companions that really aren't that great and will sometimes just get stuck. I've also had the fight glitch out on me a couple times. But the boss itself just has a lot of annoying area of effect attacks and the fight feels like it goes on forever. The one after that wasn't so bad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Honestly...... Yes you can but for atleast the 2 boss fights (ravus and ardyn, and Kenny the crow) will definitely be the worst experience in this whole thing doing them solo because both fights can kill even a maxed out player near instantly hell even a full team of them. So u have to be extremely careful and get really good at it but it's possible

They’re only in the standalone version, OP is referring to the base game’s list.

Anyway, to answer the original question. Yes it’s more than doable, even before Comrades was separated into a stand-alone version, I did it all solo.

You just need to equip a Rampage sigil (I think that’s what it’s called anyway, it changes your warp strike into a punching combo), and just spam warp strikes, warping to a safe spot any time your MP runs low. Takes a while if you don’t have any Def Pen bonuses on your weapon, but it’s very easy that way.

Doesnt work on the final fights in the standalone version, if you decide to do that after, as they have moves that counter it, but you can get real players to help you deal with those once since the online is still available for them. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

They’re only in the standalone version, OP is referring to the base game’s list.

Anyway, to answer the original question. Yes it’s more than doable, even before Comrades was separated into a stand-alone version, I did it all solo.

You just need to equip a Rampage sigil (I think that’s what it’s called anyway, it changes your warp strike into a punching combo), and just spam warp strikes, warping to a safe spot any time your MP runs low. Takes a while if you don’t have any Def Pen bonuses on your weapon, but it’s very easy that way.

Doesnt work on the final fights in the standalone version, if you decide to do that after, as they have moves that counter it, but you can get real players to help you deal with those once since the online is still available for them. 

Oh my bad I forgot they was added after the seperation. Well that makes it a whole lot easier for op

14 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Oh my bad I forgot they was added after the seperation. Well that makes it a whole lot easier for op

That's right, I just completed comrades late last year usint the 1.26 method, and the game was esier than I thought.

10 hours ago, Ataldeath said:

TIA!

Just one suggestion to you. There's out there some OP builds that require Cid's Buff. You can pass everything without it, but it will make things 50% lass work to you.

When I recieved CId's buff (10%) with my main, I immediately created another char and start to lvl up with him.

The time you spent in your main will ba worth to start another char with Cid's buff, even if him's at lvl~30.

With a lot (a really lot) of luck), I got Cid's buff again (this time 20%) with my second char before I hit lvl 10. This way I could suit back to main and work in even stronger weapons that make me do the last Boss in the 1º try.

So if you ever get buffs from Cid, I eally recommend doing that. Srr for bad english!

P.S.: You can buy the buff if you had enough shards (I Think?) before the patch runs out. 

all of your posts have been helpful. its good to know the Comrades original is a lot easier than the standalone. I was surprised I actually bested bahamut with just AI. I'm just trying to be one of the 325 people that have 100%'d this game. I thoroughly enjoyed it. thanks everyone for your responses!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've just ordered FFVX Royal Ed and I will do the 1.26 trick. What are the tips&tricks for this dlc when playing solo? 

Or it's more straightforward like just finish main quest and do some side quest? 

And the most important question, can I start this dlc right away, without playing a base game?

Edited by Patrickosan

4 minutes ago, Patrickosan said:

Ok, I've just ordered FFVX Royal Ed and I will do the 1.26 trick. What are the tips&tricks for this dlc when playing solo? 

Or it's more straightforward like just finish main quest and do some side quest? 

And the most important question, can I start this dlc right away, without playing a base game?

You can start it right away but it contains spoilers from the main game. Also this dlc is practically done solo. You never had the chance to invite friends and the hardest fight (last boss) can only be done with AI party

I did Comrades in the FF XV main game and in the standalone last month. It is not at all difficult if you use a guide like this one: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/211428-final-fantasy-xv-multiplayer-expansion-comrades/faqs/77190

I also recommend to not start with FF XV version 1.18 and not 1.26 like described in Golden's guide (link) so that you can use beneficial bugs in Comrades 1.0.0. With these bugs you can farm the best crafting materials and also get Cid's best buff without much hassle. Also the nest manager appeared for me 4 times on this version.