Overkill trophy won't pop (Bedrock)

Dexistential

So I'm one trophy away from the Minecraft PS4 platinum, and the last trophy I need to get is the Overkill trophy, the requirements for which are:

"Deal nine hearts of damage in a single hit".

The trophy won't pop, even after I critical hit a skeleton/zombie with a Smite V diamond sword with a Strength II potion (in hard mode). 

Am I doing something wrong? Surely all that adds up to at least 9 hearts, right?

13 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Might not help, but if your world was made in PS4 edition try there. The trophy was definitely pretty buggy IMO. Maybe try doing it without Strength II?

So my world was made in the Bedrock version, but I found an old world in Editions from a while back which had just enough to make a Sharpness IV sword and another Strength II potion... and it worked ?

Thank you so much

• Like 1

16 hours ago, theMoljester said:

So my world was made in the Bedrock version, but I found an old world in Editions from a while back which had just enough to make a Sharpness IV sword and another Strength II potion... and it worked 1f601.png

Thank you so much

Glad it worked. Maybe I’ll hop on an alt account & see if it pops that way. Maybe it’s bugged for Bedrock Edition?

9 hours ago, ClapTrap27 said:

I’m also having difficulties with this trophy. Do you need to do exactly amount of damage or anything over it? I have spent hours trying to figure this out with a variety of enchantments and potions. It’s one of the few trophies I have left.

Yeah I'm not quite sure of the specifications to be honest. 

Originally I used Smite V on a diamond sword and a Strength II potion on Bedrock version and it didn't pop when trying to kill either skeletons or zombies. 

However I switched to Editions and used a Sharpness IV d.sword and the Strength II and it worked when I killed a creeper... maybe it's non-specified damage like Smite against undead or Bane of Arthropods against spiders, or perhaps it's just glitchy in Bedrock version. Unsure ?

Seeing as you already got it theres not much i can add here but Smite is only good against enemies like the wither and as a modifier in general it is pretty useless in most cases, use sharpness as that actually adds additional damage to your sword, my diamond sharpness v sword does +13 attack damage and i dont think thats counting the fire aspect 2 either thats on there which would surely add additional damage

On 2020-01-20 at 9:32 PM, Property_Damage said:

Seeing as you already got it theres not much i can add here but Smite is only good against enemies like the wither and as a modifier in general it is pretty useless in most cases, use sharpness as that actually adds additional damage to your sword, my diamond sharpness v sword does +13 attack damage and i dont think thats counting the fire aspect 2 either thats on there which would surely add additional damage

It’s good if it’s the only enchantment you can get easily. Bane is definitely the worst though. Sharpness is easily superior.

• 7 months later...