Worst GTA to date and Stick up kid trophy is the buggiest trophy i've ever gone for

Conssumed

34 minutes ago, MarioMan200 said:

Did you really did 20? Look very closely at your map if you some how manage to miss one

I didn't know 80 is under 20. i've done them all 4 times. i just got the trophy by doing them all again with a face mask on..

Edited by Conssumed

Meh, as bogrot average as both of them are, I'll give V, which at least tried to be fun, an ultimately meaningless edge over IV, one of the most humorless and depressing games I've ever had the profound misfortune to play.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AK-1138 said:

Meh, as bogrot average as both of them are, I'll give V, which at least tried to be fun, an ultimately meaningless edge over IV, one of the most humorless and depressing games I've ever had the profound misfortune to play.

V also has the vastly superior driving experience if you're wanting to actually have fun

Edited by SnowxSakura

1 hour ago, Conssumed said:

Most of the campaign and side missions are boring and the games just showing off how beautiful it is rather than focusing on a better campaign. The online is so toxic and there's literally no point in doing anything legit when all everyone does is hack, glitch, mod, exploit, boost and anything to cheat their way through to getting stuff so it ruins the fun for legit players like myself. The trophy list for this game is so bad with how buggy it is it's a joke for such a big game to not even get the trophies working properly and not caring to fix it. 

I plated it twice. Not one trophy glitched on me and i only saw 1 hacker in all that time. Its a 6 and a half year old game theres gonna be a few hackers and moders. Same with every online game after a while.

Its alot better online experience than boring town (red dead 2)

Dont get what more people want from a openworld experience. The missions were brilliant and so were the strangers and freaks.

Edit. Looking at these comments the game must have gone very downhill since i played it in 2013 on ps3 and again a year later on ps4. Ive not experience any problem with trophies, hackers (only 1 which i reported), modders and problems with npcs

Edited by dannyswfc9

50 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

Have you guys seen this video?

For me the most annoying thing is how every NPC is scared of you at all times. And how some people are trying to fight you for just standing and doing nothing. 

What u mean how unrealistic gta 4 is compared to 5. At 6.00 if someone pointed at gun at you in your car you wouldnt get out and stick your hands up lol

Just now, dannyswfc9 said:

What u mean how unrealistic gta 4 is compared to 5. At 6.00 if someone pointed at gun at you in your car you wouldnt get out and stick your hands up lol

That's just one example. And I think some people would.

People also don't die after being shot in the foot like in GTAV. Earlier in the video - 1:50.

24 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Grand Theft Auto V on a technical detail is still a supremely high quality game with hundreds and possibly over a thousand hours worth of content. Highly detailed game world, every pedestrian has at least a dozen lines, it's all the small details Rockstar Games put in that make this game truly impressive. That's really the only best thing this game has.

My real gripe was I just couldn't get into the story. There was no Tommy Verceti angle, no Carl Johnson angle. You didn't have the 1980s Miami Vice, or the 1990s NWA Tupac Shakur vibe in this game.

Michael is an old, aging Baby Boomer who is somewhat retired, lives in a nice to do little mansion with his two spoiled rotten kids and stupid wife. Franklin is a wannabe gang banger, has gang affiliation, but I found him bland, mediocre and stale.

Trevor is my favorite main character. He's angry, pissed off, violent, isn't afraid to get down and dirty, will do anything to get his voice heard. He has no real standard other than to get shit done when it needs to get done. The first time we see Trevor he's getting laid, then beats the shit out of somebody to death, and goes around causing havoc out in the desert. He was true Rockstar Games form.

But still, the story just really wasn't anything I could get into all too much. It just felt all over the place. Like when Michael forced his son to go out to the beach in an early mission so he could see the outside more. I mean really? This was a part of the main story?

Grand Theft Auto III thru Grand Theft Auto IV had a point to their main story. In Vice City Tommy worked with Ken and his fellow comrades to take down his old boss Sonny. In San Andreas Carl Johnson gets betrayed by one of his close friends and has to work his way up to kill him. In IV Niko arrives in Liberty City to reunite with his cousin Roman, who is under serious hot water. Every GTA game prior to V had a high quality story with twists and turns to keep the gamers occupied.

In GTA V, you switch between three main characters each with their own distinct personality. This was fine by Rockstar if they wanted their game to be more like Just Cause and Saints Row, both sandbox franchises where you take over territory, do an endless series of side missions and just do shit for the hell of it. But they lost a lot of what made their past games so great aside from their sandbox appeal. Their stories had a time and a purpose and a place. By the time V hit the shelves, much of that was gone.

There was no real character development in V, whereas in past games the focus on one character gave Rockstar Games time to give them proper character development. We started caring for those protagonists that we played. Rockstar also had a real interest in American history. Vice City was based on the fueled drug obsession that was all the rage back in the 1980s, particularly in cities like Miami. San Andreas was based in early 1990s Los Angeles and Compton, when violent crime was severely high, the LA Riots broke a lot of people, and rap music groups/artists like NWA, Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg and 2Pac were becoming mega popular.

In conclusion, Grand Theft Auto V is still a very good game with lots of details. But all it is really is a giant sandbox game where the campaign, the side missions and collectibles are just one big checklist, with no real point other than to pad the game. They're boring and uninspired.

The online is terrible. A few months ago I played GTA Online at a friends house and it was unbelievable how boring and bland it all was. Plus Rockstar has completely abandoned the PS3 version of GTA V. It's a colossal fucking mess rife with hackers and glitchers. The PS4 version has some of those too, and Rockstar is more interested in pumping out cosmetic updates and microtransactions than providing meaningful content.

Mostly a fair evaluation of the game.

I really enjoyed the story and the missions were fun. All 3 characters had there own personalties and couldnt be more different. 

I agree that the previous gtas storys were more emmersive. 

On the point about the ps3 version being abandonded. What do you expect. Even sony have almost abandoned the ps3. Nearly everyone who had a ps3 now as a ps4. Its a nearlly 2 generation old console. Plus until recently you could transfer your data across consoles. 

6 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Mostly a fair evaluation of the game.

I really enjoyed the story and the missions were fun. All 3 characters had there own personalties and couldnt be more different. 

I agree that the previous gtas storys were more emmersive. 

On the point about the ps3 version being abandonded. What do you expect. Even sony have almost abandoned the ps3. Nearly everyone who had a ps3 now as a ps4. Its a nearlly 2 generation old console. Plus until recently you could transfer your data across consoles. 

You're just making the same point as you made to the other guy who properly pointed out how bad the online is.

One good thing about Rockstar Games is they don't shut down online servers like EA Sports. If you wait two or three years after a sports release, you're pretty much fucked. 2K Games is just as bad in this regard. Then again, those games are niche and appeal to a more specific audience, so no big surprise there.

Still, a mega popular game like GTA V which is probably the most popular game of the past decade can't have an online that is working. I don't want to play a game rife with hackers, modders and cheaters. The PS4 version has more than plenty of these types of players. The version that Rockstar Games is still adding content towards.

50 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You're just making the same point as you made to the other guy who properly pointed out how bad the online is.

Ye because i dont think people understand that a 6 year old game will have online issue. I played it for the first 3 years and only had 1 issue. 

Its not a perfect game but compared to rocktars latest shower of shite its not half bad

Edit. Dont know what i put same to you as i put before. I talked about online but completly different points

Edited by dannyswfc9

I liked them very similarly.  Niko is no-nonsense cool, loved some of the side companions like Brucie.  That guy cracked me up every time.  In GTAV, I liked Michael and Franklin a lot, as both were very relatable.  Trevor was a little over the top but I guess that is what people want in a video game.

My complaints against both were online (could not get enjoyment out of either except the Heists in V were pretty fun IF you were lucky enough to get a good crew).

The other downside of both games were the clunky controls.  Clunky at the time of release and really bad now if you try to go back to them.

That said, I still recognize GTA IV and V fondly and as the masterpieces they were.

1 hour ago, djb5f said:

The other downside of both games were the clunky controls.  Clunky at the time of release and really bad now if you try to go back to them.

I don't think the controls are clunky with Grand Theft Auto V. The PS4 version has gone through almost a complete overhaul since it was released in late 2014. Controls are responsive, the game still looks great in some aspects and the online, when you have friendly gamers, can be a great experience.

Everything else before is clunky, but that stuff was released over 10 years ago, so obviously the controls aren't that good.

GTA IV better than V? That's crazy talk. IV had all the fun zapped out of it, and everything that makes a GTA game... a GTA game was missing. It was too grounded in reality. GTA V retained that realism but it was still a lot more fun and had the typical GTA insanity we've all come to expect by now. The map layout and small size were among IV's biggest issues. Well, that and "Niko, let's go bowling" every 5 damn minutes. I still appreciate IV for what it was, hell I still love the game, and it has some of the best DLC ever, but to say it's better than V - the pinnacle of the series, is just dead wrong imo.

• Like 2