First Platinum in Every Year

Dr_Mayus

1Ld59249.png

L.A. Noire

9th Jan 2016

And an addiction was born.  It was one of those games that just grabbed me and never let go.I had to Plat this.

1Lf4cd41.png

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

4th Jan 2017

I'm a big fan of LucasArts point and click games, go I was so happy to see them staring to pop up on the PS4.

1L051151.png

Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror

3rd Jan 2018

I grew up playing point and click games in the 90's. I still like playing them.

1L91f1dc.png

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell

10th Jan 2019

I had been wanting to go back and finally finish this game. I re-started on New Years and finished later that week.

1L7c9071.png

Borderlands 2

19th Jan 2020

Another game I had started and never finished. Well i finally finished it. ?

• Like 4

1S2afb77.png  #1 - Yomawari: Midnight Shadows - November 19, 2017 

First and only platinum of 2017. I was amused by how the percentage of players that earned the trophy for completing each chapter kept getting lower and lower, and after beating the game decided to find all the collectibles and secrets.

1S6f76fe.png #2 - Silent Hill Downpour - May 2, 2018

Several months after earning the platinum in Yomawari, I decided it might be fun to collect horror platinums. I already owned Downpour and remembered it wasn't a very difficult game. It also isn't a very good game, and by the third playthrough I grew to despise the unskippable cutscenes and started actively chasing down monsters in the streets, beating them with shovels to act out my misplaced rage. 

1Sa4470f.png #15 - Death Mark - January 1, 2019

This very creepy game was a Christmas present and I decided to platinum it on New Year's Day. 

1S772352.png #36 - Final Fantasy VII - January 9, 2020

It was part of the PSN Holiday Sale and I was feeling some childhood nostalgia for Final Fantasy, so with the remake releasing this year I decided to add this platinum to my collection. Despite its age I really enjoyed it! 

Edited by DeadlyPerfume
  • Like 3

Cool thread Doc ?

October 2011 - Heavy Rain 

1M5254e7.png

I mostly only platted this because some shithead @Ac3dUd3- reckoned I couldn't lol. 

April 2012 - Assassin's Creed II 

1M3dbb6f.png

Didn't aim for this to be my first of 2013 just happened. Had a slight addiction to this game and didn't want to stop playing it so the plat came sorta naturally. 

February 2013 - Sleeping Dogs

1M78dcbc.png

Again no reason for this to be my first plat of the year other than the game was addictive and the time was right lol.

January 2014 - Rugby League Live 2

1M7a3a6e.png

I got so sick of seeing it at 80% or so then January rolled around and I just went for it. Simple as that.

January 2015 - LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

1M18be13.png

One word - Summer. It was too hot for the consoles so the Vita backlog was getting some attention. Turned out to be a great distraction from the heat and the plat was super easy.

January 2016 - LEGO Lord of the Rings

1M51a7f8.png

Pretty much same as above. Only difference is I decided I wanted a New Year's plat and this was the only game super close to it.

February 2017 - Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter

1M59e739.png

A backlog game in a trophy comp that started in Feb. Turned out to be a great game and easy as.

January 2018 - Dishonoured 2 

1Mf6a9c0.png

Just another addictive and fun game. It took over my January and made me plat it.

April 2019 - Prototype 2

1Me38dd4.png

Well I was getting a little desperate for a plat after a slow start so I just decided to get this crap done to get the ball rolling.

January 2020 - Batman: The Telltale Series

1M10cca7.png

Didn't want to wait until April for my first plat this year and I knew this was an awesome game. So I figured it would be a good way to start off 2020's plats.

Edited by Feral
Added my reasons
  • Like 4

2013: The Last of Us

1Scb66ff.png This game was the reason why I bought PS3 so it wasn't a surprise that this was my first plat. 10/10 game.

2014: GTA V

1S999c41.png Loved the singleplayer, but online was pretty damn boring even with friends.

2015: WWE 2K15

1S27ec60.png I used to be a big fan of WWE games. Not so much anymore.

2016: Need For Speed

1S4e683a.png This was pretty easy and fun platinum. Not a huge racing game fan, but had a good time with this.

2017: Color Guardians

1Sf35b43.png This was a PS+ game. Looked easy, but was actually a bit challenging.

2018: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

1S23e15c.png Audiovisual masterpiece, but the gameplay was somewhat lacking. Still, I'm eager to play the sequel.

2019: Jack N' Jill DX

1S46ac37.png Last year was my worst as a trophy hunter and it showed from the first Plat that year. Awful times.

2020: ???

I haven't got any yet and not sure what my first plat is going to be. Any recommendations?

• Like 3

2009 - Burnout Paradise - Platinum Club

1S2cdde4.png

2010 - Borderlands - Borderlands Defender 

1S3e0740.png

2011 - Sly - True Thievius Raccoonus

1S10028e.png

2012 - Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Master of Time

1Sb7c5b3.png

2013 - Far Cry 3 - Mastered the Jungle

1S501377.png

2014 - The Lego Movie (PS4) - The Piece of Resistance 

1S7c581f.png

2015 - AR NOSURGE: ODE TO AN UNBORN STAR - Acquired All Trophies

1S4a13b2.png

2016 - Steins;Gate- Sky Clad Observer

1Sf081ed.png

2017 - Jazzpunk - The end

1S67b626.png

2018 - Assassin's Creed Origin - Earn Them All!

1Sbf0add.png

2019 - Spyro 2 - Ripto's Remorse

1S4258fe.png

2020 - Raging loop - Rise Not! Thud!

1Sb8e802.png

• Like 2

My list is going to be short, as I haven't been doing trophy hunting for long, brought the ps4 in 2016, but didn't start trophy hunting till later in 2017.

#1- Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 2nd September 2017.

This was my first platinum and what got me started to do trophy hunting. I was just playing the game for fun and as a fan of Spider-Man and I got this plat accidently without trying. I then thought why not start clearing up some other trophy's and see what plat's I could get.

#3- Sonic forces - 15th march 2018.

Having just finish Zelda botw in normal and master mode. I decided to go back to this game and plat this as part of nostalgia, as a kid I played sonic when it first came out on the mega drive, I remember the sonic bus and wanted to have one plat of sonic, just to remind myself I can still do these games. ok, it was an easy game, but I had fun, especially doing the speed runs on the online leader board, I was determined to get near to no.1 spot that was in japan, but always fell short by 4-5 seconds. This was also the first plat of the year, that started me to clear up other games I played and I raked up loads of plats.

#13- Final fantasy X - 10th February 2019

I heard so much about how hard this game was and as I never really did a final fantasy game ever in my life, I thought this game will be perfect, to start my JRPG run of 2019. I love JRPG due to the grind, it was turn based; which remind me of old school games, ahh memories. The story was beautiful and it got me my 1st plat in the final fantasy series, it was also the first game that I have ever played, that took me 210 hours to complete. It was very rare for me to take this long on a game in years, so had to put it in my trophy cabinet for that reason.

#24 - Tales of graces F - 14th January 2020.

This was the 2nd to last game I had to do for my JRPG run, I posted on the forum for good stories of JRPG to do and they choose 5 games for me to play. I love my tales series and as I have been writing a guide for the game, I got a bit distracted, as I was meant to finish it by the end of December 2019. I eventually ended up speed running this game, just to get it off my plate and so I could finish my JRPG run with world of final fantasy. To me it's a nice way to start the year, as it's a reminder why I love my JRPG and I was determined to plat this.

• Like 1

I only have 5 entries, they will have to do..

2016 - Dark Souls 2 (PS3, 4th September)

1Ld82352.png

My first platinum ever, I randomly decided to do 100% in this game around NG+6, thought it would look cool. If only I knew...

2017 - Dark Souls 3 (PS4, 2nd May)

1Laf8bb3.png

Ironically, this was my second platinum altogether. Took me 8 months to complete another game. Only with this game I decided to plat the entire series just for the fun of it, which devolved into this passion.

2018 - God of War (PS3, 6th January)

1L617665.png

Now I realize, my aim was to complete all the series that I enjoyed. After being done with Soulsborne, I switched to God of War. Funny enough, God of War 1 is also the first platinum of 2018. Only proper for the release of the 2018 game :) 

2019 - Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (PS4, 14th January)

1L9e41ed.png

This one was a blast to play. Really was enjoying myself with some good old AC game and being in pain from the utter grind that multiplayer was. I would have gotten this plat way, way earlier had I not been stubborn enough to complete the DLC first. Whoever knows the Sacred Lands trophy knows why this game is a pain to 100%.

2020 - DmC Devil May Cry (PS3, 5th January)

1L3938dd.png

The first plat of this year is also my last DMC game for a perfect 100% series completion. It was fun to play but my god you need to do way too many playthroughs for it.

2014- Tales of Vesperia on PS3- 4th April

I platinum this game twice in a row, once on my old account and then created a new account and did it again straight after. It was a long grind but I loved this game so much that I had to do it again. ToV was my longest and hardest platinum with all the missables, needing to 100% everything and those annoying mini games. 

2015- Tales of Innocence R- 2nd November

I love Tales and played this on my vita, it was a short easy 50 hour platinum. I liked the story but the gameplay wasn't great and it felt a bit old, but as far as Tales platinums are concerned it was one of the easier ones along with Xillia and Hearts R. 

2016-FFXIII Lightning Returns (JP Version)- 11th August

I used a walkthrough for this game on Trueachievements which allowed me to get the platinum in one playthrough at the 50 hour mark. I loved this game so much, dressing up and customising Lightning, all the side quests and exploration. Lightning is my favourite video game character of all time. 

2017- FFXIII (JP version)- 3rd January

This like ToV is another platinum I did twice, once on the JP version and also the EU version on my old account. I loved the game but the plat was a long grind. I used the guide book for this game. 

2018- Collar x Malice- 9th January 

2019- Collar x Malice Unlimited- 31st January

2020- Side Kicks- 6th January

These three are easy otome games. I love Collar X Malice and it's one of my favourite otome games after the Amnesia ones. It has a lot of bad ends and branches though, making it tough to plat without a guide on where to save and what points lead to endings. Side Kicks was a fun and easy game, short and sweet with a cool plot twist at the end. Lacked romance though, so it felt more like a VN than an otome game. 

Prior to 2014, I had an old account called lava_princeton (which still exists, I don't use it for anything though) since 2010 so my first trophies for those years are...

2010- FFXIII (EU version)- 8th Aug

2012- FFXIII-2- 19th March 

2013- Tales of Graces F- 7th Feb

2014- Tales of Vesperia PS3- 16th Jan

I did all the above four games again on my current account with the Japanese versions, so I basically did these long grindy RPGs twice and wasted couple of hundred hours of my life doing so. It felt rewarding in the end and I don't regret it.

So my first ever platinum was FFXIII, taking 137 hours. 

• Like 1

1S0f2fa7.png #1 - Rayman Origins (Vita) - 7th June, 2013

I had a PS3 since launch, but never bothered with the PSN at all until I got a Vita in 2012. I had an earlier account, but quickly grew to dislike the name so I made this one in 2013 and started off by re-platting a really good game on Vita.

1Sb0280e.png #14 - Ratchet & Clank (PS3) - 4th January, 2014

This is another platinum that I had on my first account, but it's a game I've beaten numerous times on PS2 since it came out so of course I was going to do it again on PS3.

1S40839c.png #34 - Mini Ninjas (PS3) - 2nd January, 2015

Another PS3 platformer, but this one I hadn't played before. No real reason for it being the first of 2015, but it was an enjoyable 3D platformer.

1S03f162.png #58 - Tearaway Unfolded (PS4) - 5th January, 2016

Another 3D platformer, but this time on PS4. This was chosen mostly because it was quick and I was participating in a trophy hunting event for 2016. I had previously played Tearaway on Vita, but I didn't enjoy the PS4 version as much.

1Sd1bf47.png #85 - Tales of Graces f (PS3) [EU] - 3rd January, 2017

I was aiming to have this done in 2016 for the trophy hunting event, but I underestimated the length of the post-game content so it ended up slipping into 2017.

1Sd0c73b.png #108 - Gravity Rush 2 (PS4) - 12th March, 2018

I participated in another trophy hunting event in 2018, but it didn't start till March so neither did my trophy hunting.

1S411975.png #136 - Onrush (PS4) - 19th February, 2019

No specific reason for it being later than January, but I did have a lot more fun with this than I expected.

1Se246c3.png #155 - Persona 4 Golden (Vita) [EU] - 12th January, 2020

I started this back in 2013, not long after making this account, but only finally got around to platting it this month. I'm not sure why I took so long since it is a really good game.

• Like 1

Assassin's Creed II - June 28'th, 2010

1Ledd3c0.png

One of the first Platinums I ever got and despite it not being all that difficult in hindsight, I still felt proud of getting it. I'll also never forget the frustration but also the pride of finding all those damn feathers.

I didn't get a Platinum in 2011 sadly, so that will have to be blank.

Prototype 2 - June 24'th, 2012

1L7ddf96.png

I remember enjoying this one for what it was even though a lot of people said it wasn't as good as the first game. Looking back and listening to Heller's rants are pretty funny :P

Assassin's Creed III - February 20'th, 2013

1L5baf2f.png

A lot of missions were a pain in the ass to 100% sync but I also remember how annoying playing that board game was. I forget the name of it but it wasn't Nine Men's Morris since I cheesed that one by downloading the game and just copying the AI.

Dante's Inferno - January 15'th, 2014

1La74dda.png

Despite it being something of a God of War copy I remember it not being that bad. It's a shame Visceral got shut down so now we can't even get something of a spiritual (Get it? Because the game is about being in Hell) successor or sequel.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - January 10'th, 2015

1L8a3cbe.png

Initially I really enjoyed this game when it came out but I don't think it aged very well since then. Sure it was better in some aspects than Dragon Age II but overall it doesn't live up to Origins or a lot of other BioWare titles. I had a lot of fun breaking Nightmare difficulty with the Knight-Enchanter though. I wish more fantasy games let you play as a magic knight.

One Piece: Pirate Warrior's 3 - January 18'th, 2016

1L641d19.png

Despite me not really being a big fan of One Piece I did like this musuo style game.

God Eater: Resurrection - January 16'th, 2017

1L836de7.png

A sort of Monster Hunter kind of game. Most of the fun came from the co-op though, not to say the game is bad on it's own but it clearly was made with co-op in mind.

Okami HD - January 12'th, 2018

1Lc0b30d.png

I never played it on PS2 when it first came out but I was glad to have been able to experience this since it was a great game that holds up very well.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - January 9'th, 2019

1L440ad2.png

My first Tomb Raider experience believe it or not :P I liked it though, except for the time trial/score attack stuff. It just seemed like a cheap way to make you replay the game.

Code Vein - January 9'th, 2020

1L2e830e.png

I've already said my piece on this in the Recent Platinum thread but I did not like this despite my best to try and find something good to say about it which I hate to do because the game isn't one of those games that look like it was made in five minutes or something but it really tested my patience.

• Like 1

2010 - Quantum of Solace (Jan 4th)
 1Lf3c1ee.png
My first ever Plat. I remember I felt like a god after this one. I was on Christmas break from high school and using a YouTube video to find all of the collectibles made me feel like some kind of internet sleuth. 

2011 - Burnout Paradise (June 18th)

1L526548.png

Got this game for free thanks to that great hacking scandal (what was it called, ‘the ___pocalypse’?), and it’s still by far one of the best racers I’ve ever played. Also I think the trophy for 8 people meeting in the baseball stadium might just be the first trophy I ever boosted. 

2012 - Killzone 3 (Jan 7th)

1Lf882dc.png

I got KZ3 + a new TV for my birthday just over a month before, and for a good week or two I would come home from school and sit in awe for 10 minutes, just staring at the opening cinematic to this game. I couldn’t believe how awesome it looked and sounded. 

2013-2015 - In retirement 

I finally burnt out from trophy hunting after completing Skyrim in September 2012. Then in 2014 I started university away from home so barely gamed at all. 

2016 - Rocket League (Nov 30th)

1L6c211c.png
I was in my final year at uni and for the first time I’d snuck my PS4 away with me without my parents realising. One day I was just chilling (/avoiding doing any work) in the little cupboard I called a bedroom and realised how close I was to the RL Plat. I only had 2 games and my connection sucked, so I decided the offline Championships weren’t too big a hassle to go through for my first Plat in over 4 years. 

2017 - Addicted to Overwatch 

Still no Plat 800 hours later btw. 

2018 - Ratchet and Clank (April 4th)

1L78e2ce.png
Look, Overwatch can be a toxic game. Sometimes people send you mean messages and sometimes you say something mean in return. Maybe your PSN account ends up suspended because of it. Either way, with no way to play online I decided to try out the PS+ games for once. I fell back in love with games other than OW and also trophy hunting. The Plat popped to the sound of the Groovitron and I’d officially been bitten by both the dancing and the trophy bug. 

2019 - Steep (Jan 13th) 

1L421f21.png

Not much to say about this one. Awesome game, fun trophies. I got a cool sunset screenshot for my Plat too. The Points of Interest were the only uninteresting thing about this game. 

2020 - ???
Ten years of trophy hunting is enough for me, I think. I have very little incentive to go for them now, especially since seeing as I’m older the majority of trophies are solely tedious, not challenging. Maybe if I’m more active on this site I’ll have a reason, so we’ll see. 

I did briefly consider Tearaway Unfolded because of how much I love it, but I think I’ll pass for now. I do also have a number of difficult Plats queued up at ~99% for whenever I can be bothered to put myself through the stress of Super Meat Boy, and I definitely intend on completing all those. I think that’ll be a good farewell to hunting trophies. 

Edited by MrFudge
  • Like 1

1S2cdde4.png- #1 - Burnout Paradise - March 15th, 2016

Wanted God of War: Ascension to be my first Platinum but needed the online pass to go online which i didn't have at time so I picked Burnout Paradise instead as it was the first racing game I played at a Best Buy/FutureShop Kiosk station.

1S5eabc5.png - #2 - God of War: Ascension - May 26th, 2017

Finally got the online pass so I was ecstatic to finally get the platinum.

1Sad01cd.png - #3 - Captain America: Super Soldier - January 7th, 2018

Started watching all the Marvel Comic Universe Films and a little bit of the Agent Peggy Carter show, ended up I wanting to know more of goings-on in Captain America universe.

1S80c870.png - #4 - Bayonetta - May 7th, 2019

Enjoyed playing many games made by Platinum Games but never obtain a Platinum for any games made by the studio, In 2019 I realize it was the 10 year anniversary for Bayonetta so I went for the Platinum.

1S9e1f6e.png - #5 - Asura's Wrath - January 10th, 2020

Achieved the platinum for Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, I wanted to continue playing something else that took inspiration from the story of The Monkey King, Sun WuKong or Journey to the West which ever it may be, the many interpretations of the Chinese literature has been a great source of entertainment for me.

Edited by Shaowsintzu
  • Like 2

• 11 months later...

S9477d0.png17 December 2017: Battle Garegga rev. 2016 (#1) 38 Trophies

I didn't really get into trophies until well into the PS4 era. BG2016 is not a very difficult one and sounded good to start with.

2018-2019 Nothing.

Scb3483.png 17 February 2020: Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019 reboot) (#2) 27 Trophies to platinum

Got more into trophy hunting. This is my first of nine plats for the year. There are no multiplayer or other online trophies in MW 2019, and I decided to play it on PS4 instead of PC due to the latter's always-online DRM. A couple of the more challenging trophies are "We Own The Night" which requires you to kill all enemies in the three locations without anyone summoning backup, and "Golden Path" where you complete Clean House using only 1 bullet for each of the 11 enemies while taking no damage. GP requires some strict timing.

• Like 1

1S5c4b05.png #1 - Ys: Memories of Celceta - December 6th 2013

This was the game that got me to get a Vita.  I still didn't even own a PS3.  However, I love the Ys and Trails series so it's no surprise that an exclusive on a console I don't own would get me to get the console.

1S2ad416.png #2 - Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - February 15th 2014

This was the second game I played on the Vita.  Still no PS3 at this time so pretty much until I bought another game on the Vita I didn't get another plat.

1Se42684.png  #11 - Xblaze: Lost Memories - August 22nd 2015

So in 2014 I actually did play some more games, but took a break for a good chunk of 2015 in regards to actually getting plats.  Got this one because I liked Code Embryo, but this game was so bad compared to Code Embryo.

1Scfbacb.png #13 - Norn9 Var Commons - June 21st 2016

Had this game actually for much longer and hadn't earned any trophies for it.  Due to financial issues I was selling some of my games, so I finished this one quickly so I could sell it.  Did enjoy the game though, but overall it was still a few more months before I more seriously started trophy hunting on PSN instead of mostly playing on Steam.

1Sdd5b9c.png #25 - Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II - January 12th 2017

I'd wrapped up the plat for the first game, enjoyed it and bought the second right away and it happened to be my first plat of 2017 because I was playing it so obsessively towards the end of the year.

1S6151ee.png #37 - Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - January 8th 2018

Was working on trying to wrap up some long incomplete PS3 games and this one was the first I played on PS3 when I finally got one in 2014.  I'd started working on finishing it up towards the end of 2017 and completed it in January.

1S59f9f4.png  #66 - Fil-A-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure - January 23rd 2019

Pretty much this was me wrapping up an easy plat.

1S5026d5.png #112 - Crossovers by POWGI (NA Vita) - January 1st 2020

Was bored at work because I had to work on the holiday and holidays were slow.  What better thing to do than play a quick and easy plat on my Vita?

• Like 2

Tekken 6 - July 1, 2011

1Lea276f.png

My first PS3 game and plat.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - October 6, 2012

1Ld2b023.png

Tekken fan and honestly, I don't like was into trophy hunting.

Gravity Rush - February 24, 2013

1L26fdf9.png

First Vita plat but still not into trophy hunting.

Dynasty Warriors 8 - February 2, 2014

1L96319f.png

Around 80-100hrs plat so I'm definitely a trophy hunter at this time.

inFamous First Light - January 16, 2015

1L5e96f1.png

Even though Sound Shapes(auto-pop) is my first PS4 plat, I would say this is my proper PS4 plat.

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - January 15, 2016

1Le19f61.png

I guess I was playing this game and happened to plat it.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva X - January 13, 2017

1L4a947c.png

Big Vocaloid fan and also my 9000th trophy.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva DX - January 23, 2018

1Lce7d4e.png

Again a big Vocaloid fan and much better game than X.

Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls - January 2, 2019

1L3bf4e0.png

Jeez, not even on the 1st of January.

War Theatre: Blood of Winter - March 9, 2020 

1Ld9bf72.png

Ugh, why did I make this my first plat of 2020. I remember being very busy at the start of the year and working on Black Desert afk trophy but I wanted a plat so this is it.

Cyberpunk 2077 - January 1, 2021

1L5a7a1c.png

Even though 2020 was a terrible year for a lot of people, it's been actually great for me. There are some bad moments but mostly great moments. It was a terrible yet fun year...

I'm talking about both 2020 and Cyberpunk 2077.

• Like 1

Jurassic the Hunted

Sly 2

Dead Nation

Soulcalibur II

Dust An Elysian Tail

Lego Jurassic World

The Deer God

36 Fragments of Midnight

Crash Dummy

Cat Quest II

as for 2021 possibly Spirit of the North since I kind of do want to get that platinum in the winter anyway.

As for 2013 for whatever reason I didn't get single platinum that year, couldn't really tell you the reason on that one. Might have been playing games on 3DS if I had to guess.

I skipped a few years as gaming took a back seat while real life happened.

1S4cc87c.png Call of Duty Black Ops 22nd Feb 2011

1Sb4de63.png Hannah Montana The Movie 6th Jan 2012 - LMAO

1S501377.png Far Cry 3 24th Jan 2013

1S104075.png Far Cry 4 22nd Dec 2014

1Sbab2ed.png Destiny 3rd Feb 2015

1S848de1.png Horizon Zero Dawn 23rd Feb 2018

1S0a8f1e.png Minecraft 7th Jan 2019

1S512d90.png The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt 4th Jan 2020

1S97965c.png Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion 1st Jan 2021 - First :platinum: from PS Now

• Like 1