Your favorite franchise come back?

RedDead3001

Joining the choir for Ape Escape!

And even though they're not really franchises, I'd love to see Soul Sacrifice and Freedom Wars revitalised for the PS5. Those games burst at the seams with potential, I'd love to see them given a second chance! Also, a Soul Nomad remake would be preeeeeeeeeeeeetty sweet...

• Like 4

Resistance for sure. Maybe Splinter Cell but since Ubisoft want to do more open world stuff I don't think that would really fit Splinter Cell.

It also feels like it's been forever since we've seen another Arc the Lad game. I never really got to play those but they seemed fun.

LBP - letting Sackboy die would actually be a crime. And it can absolutely co-exist alongside Dreams. There’s so much they can do with this little guy 

Wipeout - OG Sony franchise and legit such a tight/thrilling racing experience. I don’t think many people actually argue that these games were anything but great, only niche. 

PS All-Stars - one mediocre attempt shouldn’t be enough to dissuade them from this. Look at how much people still salivate over Smash, decades after it first launched. And the PS exclusives roster is perhaps the most sought after thing in gaming right now. 

I’ll also echo: 

Resistance/Killzone - Sony need a good FPS and the campaigns in these two were always able to match their bombastic MPs

Dead Space - best horror games ever made 

• Like 3

Dead Space with current gen graphics and storytelling could be amazingly horrifying, I'd love to see more of this franchise, but with a completely different publisher. Just to be safe, considering what EA did with the original trilogy.

Breath of Fire would utterly rock, it's an amazing series and one of the most under-represented franchises going right now.

[I was going to also say Baldur's Gate, but we are finally finally getting a third game]

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DogFoRaw5 said:

I'm desperate for a new Okami game

Despite Ookami being my favorite game of all time, I actually don't want a sequel. It's already perfect in every aspect, there's nothing else they could do with it.

Just now, Johnathan994 said:

Is this even a question???

DEVIL

MAY

FUCKING

CRY 

!!!

Dude, Devil May Cry 5 came out not even one year ago.

• Like 1

Just now, Zenpai said:

Despite Ookami being my favorite game of all time, I actually don't want a sequel. It's already perfect in every aspect, there's nothing else they could do with it.

Dude, Devil May Cry 5 came out not even one year ago.

Only after I commented I read the OP hahahahahaha Prince of Persia than, 100%

2 hours ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Crash Bandicoot has already made a comeback. Not suited for PS5? Explain.

sorry i read the OP's question as what game franchise would you like to see have a comeback, i dont really class remasters as comebacks i guess.
Hence why i said a new crash game. 
Why i don't think its suited to a ps5? because i played the original crash on launch i think in my mind the plat former it is ps5 seems too...i dunno powerful. cant quite explain it. Sorry.
Hence why i said i don't think its suited as such. 

I don't know there's nothing really DEAD that I feel needs a comeback. I guess I could echo Resistance...I'd love a 4th game. 

But most of what I want are sequels that are already pretty likely anyways...just haven't been officially confirmed. Such as:

a follow up to Ratchet & Clank 2016, but I'd prefer a brand new original game...not a remake of Going Commando. 

Spyro 4 - The Remake trilogy was great. So if they can take that formula and make a bigger and better game out of it...I'm down. 

Uncharted 5 - Though, unlike most people, I don't want a game without Nate. Lost Legacy was fun, but it was a stand alone expansion...it was okay as DLC, but a full fledged sequel would need Nate. 

Saints Row V - Apparently this is coming at some point?

Dragon's Dogma 2 - I thought the first game was a shoe in for a sequel...I can't believe it never got one. 

Unreal Tournament 4 - I'm like the only person on the planet that enjoyed the PS3 version of UT3...but that's fine by me, I expected the PC to at least get a 4 by now. 

inFAMOUS 3/Second Son 2 - I realize Sucker Punch has Ghost of Tsushima on the brain right now, and I'm super excited for that. But inFAMOUS should be next. 

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 3 - Back when FighterZ came out Bandai Namco said XV3 was still happening...but here we are several years later, it's gotten an endless stream of DLC and a whole new DBZ game has arrived in Kakarot...so I'm starting to get a little worried. 

Dishonored 3 - Bethesda said this franchise has been shelved due poor sales...even though everyone whose played Dishonored loves it. So I'm hoping it comes down off the shelf sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2