Your favorite franchise come back?

RedDead3001

Not as old as the others listed here but I'd love a new Uncharted installment. Lost Legacy left the door open and there are some good options for characters to fill the main character role now that Nathan Drake has stepped down.

I know it's a pipe dream, but I'd like some good Star Wars games made and published by people that aren't EA. Exclusive license I know, but still...

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 9:32 PM, DK33per said:

Great to see so much love for Resistance and MotorStorm.

Back in 2007, I completely rinsed those games, along with Ridge Racer 7. Fun times! I've long wished these games would get remastered with trophies.

Franchises I'd love to see return on PS5:

• Ape Escape (Right on, peeps! No more gimmicks. Let's just have the Ape Escape 4, at last.)
  • Jak and Daxter
  • PixelJunk (Shooter 3, SideScroller 2, or even something entirely new)
  • Primal (Adored this game on the PS2, and it never got a sequel. There's practically no chance this'll happen, since Sony closed the studio long ago, but just for kicks!)
  • Prince of Persia (Still love the Sands of Time trilogy. The 2008 reboot had issues, but I'd really like to see its story concluded.)
  • Ridge Racer
  • Warhawk
  • Wipeout (a true sequel with new tracks)

Remasters I hope we get on PS5 (mostly just dreaming! ?):

• Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • Folklore
  • Heavenly Sword
  • MotorStorm trilogy
  • Portal 1 + 2
  • Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (and/or the whole Future saga)
  • Resistance trilogy
  • Ridge Racer (if Namco won't give us a true RR8, then I'd still like to see them give us a maxi-compilation, like Ridge Racers (PSP). That was pure arcade racing perfection.)

You are the first person I have ever seen mention Heavenly Sword. It’s so underrated and what a fun game it was. Always wanted them to patch in a trophy list along with tools of destruction and quest for booty.

• Like 1

Id kill for sequels or remasters of
klonoa
mystical ninja goemon series
a bomberman game more in the vein of games like bomberman 64 and hero on n64, as well as generations and jetters(the anime this game was based on was quite good as well)on the gamecube(the classic style was fine, but these were my childhood)
gex(i can a sequel being based on the many streaming services like hulu and netflix being a natural evolution of the character)
suikoden
megaman legends(damn you capcom)
lunar 3(dragon song does not count)
rocket robot on wheels(the one sucker punch game not on a sony platform)

I'd like to play Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist already, but seeing what terrible budget SE gave to Star Ocean 5 I think it might be better off dead. Also Suikoden VI set in Harmonia and featuring the Circle Rune, but this is in even worse situation with Konami. It would also be great if Falcom stopped doing Yseki for a a while and maybe made something like Zwei or Popful Mail with modern assets.

On 1/18/2020 at 6:53 PM, djb5f said:

Rock Band 5

NCAA Football ‘21

Fight Night Round 6

The Crew 3

Uncharted 5

Max Payne 4

I’ll add Pinball FX4.

43 minutes ago, PFinchen said:

For the love of god, can we get another Fight Night game? It’s been 9 years, EA completely skipped over the last generation of consoles. 

yes please!!

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

I'm not going to include franchises we already know are gonna come back in some form, so...

I'd love to see these return in a new game;

Ape Escape

Manhunt

Rock Band - with cross-play support though. And I'd love to see a PC version too.

Sly Raccoon

Spyro - I'd be surprised if that won't happen, but yeah... A new title just like Crash 4 would be nice

SSX - But not like the PS3 one.... Bring it back to how it was with SSX3 or something

Games I'd love to see receive a remaster/remake;

Alan Wake - I know it isn't a PlayStation game but fuck it, I'd love to see this remade with today's graphics, updated a bit where necessary and released across various platforms

Ape Escape

Uncharted Trilogy (Remade in the same graphics as Uncharted 4 or The Last of Us Part 2)

The Last of Us Part 1 (Remade in the same graphics as The Last of Us Part 2)

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force - I honestly really enjoyed this back in the days of the PSP and while we a few games purely about the card game itself, I enjoyed buying cards and running around and all the likes of that... So it'd be nice having that back. Not gonna happen, but you know. I hoped for one on the Vita but the only one that is playable on Vita was released in Japan I believe...

I'd be curious about Jak & Daxter in a new title; I've only just started playing the first Jak on PS4 and I honestly am both enjoying it but I am annoyed by the lack of inverted camera options... Makes it a real pain in the butt for me.

The visual leap between Uncharted and The Last of Us (regular or remastered) and The Last of Us Part 2 is amazing, so I'd honestly love it if they were to be remade in that same way and shine like crazy with PS5 tech. Would be really nice to see in my opinion.

Off the top of my head I‘d love to see new games from or reboots of the following series

Jet Set Radio

Parasite eve

Dino Crisis 

Chrono Trigger / cross 

Drakengard 

silent hill

suikoden 

tombi

klonoa 

Shadow hearts 

(edit) can’t believe I forgot Half Life 

Edited by FullMetalSarok

9 minutes ago, Bluefalcon2210 said:

I'd like Ape Escape to come back and also Remedy to bring back Alan Wake remaster the first two and put it them on Playstation and then make that sequel I've been waiting years for cause I'm pretty sure they own the franchise now

Remedy has always owned the franchise... not just now...