How to one shot the Silver Knights (NG). EASY/FAST method to farm a Proof of Concord Kept.

dieselmanchild

Hello everyone. I just wanted to share a method I used last year to farm Proof of a Concord Kept extremely quickly without any hassle at all. I made this video in ShareFactory last year so excuse the poor editing, but since people always struggle with the grind of farming these Proofs I wanted to show everyone how I did it, and hopefully ease your grind!

Note: You will need to temporarily respec your character at Rosaria’s bedchamber in order to use this method, but you can change back afterwards. Make sure to keep a n extra Pale Tongue handy to switch back.

Also - I have not tested it myself, but I believe this method will only work in NG. All enemies receive a health buff in NG+ and beyond and a commenter on YouTube said he was in NG+ and not doing enough damage to kill them in 1 hit. 

Happy farming to anyone still going for this platinum! Just sit back, put on a podcast, TV show, or Spotify playlist, and this will be over in an hour or two max.

=====

NOTE FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVEN’T STARTED THE GAME YET

The absolute fastest way to obtain Proofs is through PvP. If you want to save yourself a potential headache later, the best thing you can do is stay in the SL 20-30 range (the most active level range for PvP) for as long as possible when you’re first starting out the game.

Don’t worry too much if you suck at PvP!

Join the Blue Sentinels covenant as soon as you can. Then as you go about your business, you’ll be summoned very frequently (for me it was literally every few minutes) to help other Blue covenant members defeat invaders in their world, and doing so successfully with reward you with a Proof.

Even if you suck at PvP like myself, this method is very fun. You will be protecting a host from invaders, and usually there will be more than one blue spirit like yourself that is summoned to help vanquish the invader. So the odds are usually in your favour even if the invader is experienced at PvP! And with numerous people being summoned (including an extra invader at times) these fights can get very chaotic and a lot fun.

And as a Blue Spirit you have nothing to lose. If you die, you’ll simply be returned to where you left off in your world. But the poor host you were supposed to help will likely perish after you. ?

Have fun and happy farming!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

I used a similar build for my farming, but even 1-shoting those dudes I wouldn't call this strategy 'fast' ? It still took me more than 10 hours to get all proofs, even with a ridiculously high item discovery rate. You got all 30 in 2 hours? ?

@Helyx SL120 should be more than fine. 

Edited by Arcesius

On 2020-01-18 at 6:05 PM, Helyx said:

Is SL120+ a decent level for end-game NG farming?

That should be more than fine. The important thing is to have enough points in Int/Faith (40+) or your damage output won’t be high enough to one-shot them.

I’d imagine the higher your SL the better too, simply because any extra levels you have when you respec can be dumped into the (normally) useless Luck stat to improve your drop rates even further.

I only had enough for 22 luck in the video but someone with a higher SL could get upwards of 99 or w/e and it would speed this up considerably!

On 2020-01-18 at 7:02 PM, reiner- said:

@dieselmanchild 

Where were you and this bloody awesome method 3 years ago. 1f604.png

Farming these damn things took fooooorever.

I only played this game for the first time last year unfortunately, sorry about that. ?

I have no idea why I never posted this video back then though. I thought I had, but I guess not. I was only reminded of it the other day when I was helping my friend with some DS3 stuff and realized I never shared the video.

On 2020-01-18 at 10:48 PM, Arcesius said:

I used a similar build for my farming, but even 1-shoting those dudes I wouldn't call this strategy 'fast' 1f602.png It still took me more than 10 hours to get all proofs, even with a ridiculously high item discovery rate. You got all 30 in 2 hours? 1f633.png

I believe I had around 10 Proofs already from PVP, but yes, I farmed the remaining ones I needed in just a couple hours.

You must have either had insanely bad luck or were doing something wrong if it took you 10 hours. Or From Software increased the drop rate at some point. Because 10 hours is completely excessive, even for people who struggle to kill these the slow way! ?

According to the Wiki:

The drop rate for Proofs seems to be roughly 1 in 30 knights (3.33%) with 350 item discovery. The drop rate is ~5.75% (16/278) with 500 item discovery.

As you can see in the video it takes exactly 30 seconds to do a full loop, which means you’ll average 4 kills per minute or 240 kills hourly if you keep pace. I didn’t quite have 500 ID, but with almost 450 ID I’d still be averaging a good 10-12 p/h. It shouldn’t take most people more than 3 hours max. ?

Edited by dieselmanchild

• 2 months later...
8 hours ago, ScharkThePlayer said:

Just get a decent weapon, put on your hornet ring and parry them. The silver knights are the easiest enemies to parry since DS1.

There are some good methods to parry them for sure, but IMO they’re a lot harder.

I never could parry for shit in Dark Souls lol. ☹️

1 hour ago, ScharkThePlayer said:

It's a viable strat that is worth practicing.

Absolutely! As the video above demonstrates, mastering the ability to parry & riposte effortlessly like that guy is pretty much the equivalent of God Mode in these DS games lol.

However, in my experience at least, this is a LOT easier said than done. It is very easy to mess up your parry, and the consequences for mis-timing a parry are often devastating. 

Granted, I do seem to be particularly shitty at parrying in the Dark Souls games. ☹️Worse than most apparently lol. I did get much, much better at parries with Bloodborne, as I just felt the margin for error was a lot more generous with most enemies.

Anyways.. there are many ways to efficiently kill these Knights. For most people I think the simplicity of one-shotting the Knights without having to react or think is probably the easiest. But to each their own! ?

Edited by dieselmanchild

6 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

For most people I think the simplicity of one-shotting the Knights without having to react or think is probably the easiest. But to each their own! 1f37a.png

Agreed. It's a matter of what works best for you. Your method is also very good, but if someone doesn't want to fiddle around with his stats it's easier for him to just parry. ?

4 hours ago, ScharkThePlayer said:

Agreed. It's a matter of what works best for you. Your method is also very good, but if someone doesn't want to fiddle around with his stats it's easier for him to just parry. 1f642.png

For sure! And it would be far more beneficial in the long run to learn to parry. It will make you a better player. 

When I get around to replaying the PS4 versions of Dark Souls 1 & 2 one of these days soon, I’m definitely going to try to improve my parry skills this time around. The first time through both games I was mainly focused on unlocking the trophies as smoothly as possible.

When I get around to stacking them on the PS4 I want to take it a bit slower and push myself out of my comfort zone, try a completely new style of character I’ve never played before.

I will become the god of parries. You will bow before me.