Good News for Those Still Hunting Iceborne Crowns

Iz0Bejo.jpg

According to the roadmap that was revealed during livestream right now we have crown events incoming in February.

Appreciation Fest is running until Feb 13 so it's probably right after that.

Also not sure to what extent or if its limited to a few monsters, but atleast we get something. They probably wont add elders like in the base game, so if you are hunting crowns rn this might be a better focus and hope they add most normal monsters for the event. Atleast thats what I am gonna do.

Edited by Misshandlad
  • Like 3

It’s happening! Yay. Knew there would MR crown hunting events as the event and update schedule has closely followed the base game. Hunted the elder dragon crowns cos I doubt they will be in the crown events and got the crowns for the last two monster pages in the guild card. Will wait for the feb events for the other crowns.

Regardless of having platinum or not, monster hunter is one of few incredible games that keep me coming back due to great events and update cycles.

Capcom is back!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VegaTheGreat said:

Honestly, fuck them, too slow. And the announcement also came too slow. Should have announce it much much earlier so people would know and wait instead.

Almost done with Gold Crown BShittery.

But good for others, no one deserves to go through that lame meta gameplay.

Yikes

kisspng-t-shirt-twitch-emote-youtube-pep

4 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

Sweet. Gotta get Nier Automata finished by then. Dying light also. Then focus on Crowns. Can't wait, unlike most people, I actually enjoyed crown hunting in World.

Yeah crown hunting was fun and made me better at the game.

But trying to get the Brute Tigrex large crown was demoralizing though because every time I fought him he looked pretty big and no crown. The investigation was 1 faint, 20 min time limit lol.

Edited by Typical PSNPee User
  • Like 2

On 1/30/2020 at 11:19 PM, Platisfaction said:

Mmh, there are a lot of event quests now, but I still don't have any idea which of those quests have an increased gold crown chance. Maybe we should start posting our experiences so far here?

None of them. The crown events will arrive after the Appreciation fest ends. So, sometimes after 13th February.

Let's wait for official event schedule to be updated.

http://game.capcom.com/world/us/schedule-master.html

Edit: The schedule got updated. The quest is called Yodeling in the Forest and will be available 2/13 16:00〜 02/20 15:59.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Qualle960 said:

So, the Quest name is "Yodeling in the Forest" and its in the forest map.

Thats nice, but I hope there are more  events to come, for the other regions as well.

Thanks for the info.

Looks like Nargacuga, Rajang, and Yian Garuga are confirmed for that quest. There's probably more than three monsters for that quest. Perhaps Zinogre?

21 hours ago, Platisfaction said:

Mmh, there are a lot of event quests now, but I still don't have any idea which of those quests have an increased gold crown chance. Maybe we should start posting our experiences so far here?

Besides future crown events, investigations and guiding lands are you best bet for crowns. That's where I got most of my crowns.

I am not 100% sure about this but I heard the final Horizon Zero Dawn quest in Iceborne with Savager Deviljho has a high chance for a crown. I can't confirm if this is true because I had both crowns already when I did that quest for the Adept Stormslinger.

If you need a lot of research commission+ tickets for pendants, armor, and weapon upgrades, doing the Optional quest called "We Run This Town" will be beneficial. You might get a crown in the process.

Edited by Bodyodorthegrave69
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

The next crown Event "Heavy Metal in the Waste" looks like it will include at least Glavenus, Savage Deviljho, and - good news for those who still need the base game trophies - Black Diablos.

Lol, yeah what I wouldn't have done for a gold crown event for Black Diablos during the base game grind! Still, cool to see. 

• Like 1

On 7.02.2020 at 0:22 AM, kidson2004 said:

Well this is perfect for me as I just started this. Thanks for the heads up. Oh and any advice for a MH rookie? LOL this is my 1st time playing a MH game ever in life. 

Good luck. Anyway this kind of quest wont help you because its a clean up for platinum and you still need to do a lot. And this quest is for dlc. For Base game the crown quest are already avaible and rotating in events. Dont focus on this stuff until you finish base game. It will take some time.

• Like 1

Reminder.

Later today, the Iceborne Crown Event quest Yodeling in the Forest releases. It runs from 2/13 to 2/20.

What we know so far is that Rajang (not needed for plat), Nargacuga, and Yian Garuga (regular version most likely) will be available for this quest. Most likely other monsters will be available. I doubt it will only be three.

If you only need a certain monster(s) for crowns, you don't have to hunt the other monsters or even finish the quest. Hunt/capture your target monsters, then select Return from Quest in the Options menu. Do NOT pick Abandon Quest.

Just so everyone is aware of the differences:

Abandon Quest - the quest is failed and you return to the hub as if you never left for the quest. This means that all of your items you used along the way are not gone, but any carves/items you gathered while on the quest are lost. You also do not get any quest rewards. Use this wisely in case you don't want to waste those Ancient Potions you already used when you realize you're going to fail or run out of time.

Return from Quest - this is basically the opposite of Abandon Quest. You still fail from the quest, but return as you are. Any items you've used are gone, but carves, items, and crowns you've gathered are kept. You still get to keep the Quest rewards if you triggered any from breaking parts.

Good luck to you guys!

Edited by Bodyodorthegrave69
  • Like 4

Very interesting, "Yodeling in the Forest" includes not only Yian Garuga, Nargacuga, and Rajang, but also Anjanath and Rathalos. I'm very surprised to see those repeated.

The next quest "Symphony of the Coral" looks to have Zinogre, Ebony Odogaron, and I believe Coral Pukei-Pukei.

• Like 2

So the game keeps dicking me over with the large gold crown for the Scarred Yian Garuga (six of them looked big enough but were silver crowns), yet on my very first attempt of Yodeling in the Forest I got the large gold crown for the regular Yian Garuga.  And I barely fought it cause one group of hunters were fighting it while I almost failed the entire quest cause Rajang kept charging after me.

At least I got one crown for an annoying monster out of the way, but dear Lord the Scarred Yian Garuga is gonna piss me off.

2 hours ago, Xylobe said:

Very interesting, "Yodeling in the Forest" includes not only Yian Garuga, Nargacuga, and Rajang, but also Anjanath and Rathalos. I'm very surprised to see those repeated.

The next quest "Symphony of the Coral" looks to have Zinogre, Ebony Odogaron, and I believe Coral Pukei-Pukei.

So which repeat monsters do you think will be here?  I'm guessing Paolumu and/or that one with the blinding light (forgot its name).  The Coral Highlands high rank event had 4 monsters if I recall.

Edited by lightning_kf