Good News for Those Still Hunting Iceborne Crowns

22 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

During a multiplayer quest for the mulitmonster hunts with the gold crowns. Am I able to "return from quest" after killing the targeted monster I'm after?

Yes. No quest rewards obviously but it will give you the crown. Obviously you should only ever do this solo though, do not join online quests and then leave after defeating the monster you want. Even with Iceborne's dynamic scaling, that's not cool.

I just got my Shrieking Legiana large crown this way last night. I only had to try for like an hour. I also use shock traps to measure the monsters using @GamingWithAbyss1's method, and those two methods combined make for very quick crowns if you are looking for something specific.

Start the quest > Kill monsters until your monster spawns (if necessary) > Use Shock Trap to measure monster size >

If monster is about the right size > Hunt monster > Return from quest

If monster is obviously not the right size > Abandon quest

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Platisfaction said:

Played some Ode to the Destruction for upgrade materials and got two silver crowns for Ruiner Nergigante out of 6-8 missions. Did anyone manage to get gold crowns through this quest?

I can confirm that it is possible to get gold crowns in this quest. I managed to get the mini crown through it.

I didn't have the luck to grab the big one yet though.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wackt1 said:

Has anyone gotten a small gold crown Banbaro on the "Alt Rock Recess" event quest? All I've been getting are giant gold crown Banbaro.

Yes, I got both crowns from that event.

Though I don't know if it's a coincidence, but Banbaro and Beotodus were among the ones that took more kills to get (using the crown events); thankfully they're pathetically weak and spawn from the start.

By the way, for the monsters that don't have an event, forget investigations and save scum Guiding Land lures. Don't know the exact rates and of course this is only my personal experience, but the chances seemed FAR better for me when going for the ED and metal rath crowns.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:18 PM, Silently said:

I'm still missing mini crown for kulu yaku, tyuradotus, etc.. 

Anyone know what quest is absolute mini crown for kuluyaku ? I had tried events and investigation for weeks now still no luck.. thank u..

Kulu-Ya-Ku and Jyuratodus are both in the High Rank event quest Wildspire Bolero. The tracker I posted in this thread should list all of the increased/guaranteed crown quests if you need help with any others.

• Like 1

Is it just me or the MR rank crown events dont drop crowns as often as the HR quests did?

Already went like 40x Ballad of the Hoarfrost Event and got only 3 crowns. The last 20x i went in just to measure monsters but no luck.

I kinda want to give up on these events and just try the regular investigations.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheYugi00 said:

Is it just me or the MR rank crown events dont drop crowns as often as the HR quests did?

Already went like 40x Ballad of the Hoarfrost Event and got only 3 crowns. The last 20x i went in just to measure monsters but no luck.

I kinda want to give up on these events and just try the regular investigations.

Nope you are 100% right. The MR rank crown quests Def have a lower drop compared to the HR ones. Made crown hunting a real chore this time even with the event quests. I did mix in a bit of investigations when it was just crown I needed from a event quest.

Has anyone obtained the Large Crown for Ruiner Nergigante any recently? I have been hunting them through investigations and ode to the destruction. I think I have killed close to 100 this weekend alone. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem or if there was a better strategy than what i am doing. Thanks!

On 4/5/2020 at 3:20 PM, Tsar_Boy said:

Anyone has gotten a gold crown from the single guiding lands monster event quests? (A roar that splinters the sky, scars tell the whole history, etc)

Would love to get some info on this, i've had varying sizes both large and small for Scarred Yian Garuga, even Silver crowns.

It seems like its possible just quite rare.

22 hours ago, PsychoWill1005 said:

Has anyone obtained the Large Crown for Ruiner Nergigante any recently? I have been hunting them through investigations and ode to the destruction. I think I have killed close to 100 this weekend alone. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem or if there was a better strategy than what i am doing. Thanks!

I got one just the other day in the guiding lands. Wasn't even tempered.

On 4/3/2020 at 9:42 AM, Xylobe said:

Kulu-Ya-Ku and Jyuratodus are both in the High Rank event quest Wildspire Bolero. The tracker I posted in this thread should list all of the increased/guaranteed crown quests if you need help with any others.

Thank u sir.. I was able to get some mini crown however, ya-ku mini crown didn't drop but I'll try again.. 

On 4/4/2020 at 10:20 PM, Tsar_Boy said:

Anyone has gotten a gold crown from the single guiding lands monster event quests? (A roar that splinters the sky, scars tell the whole history, etc)

I got the large gold crown for brute tigrex from the event quest.  I got mini gold brute tigrex from the arena optional quest that unlocks after you capture him.  Think I got mini gold silver rathalos from the event quest as well.  It is definitely possible to get crowns from those event quests.. and the corresponding arena quests if you capture one.  It seems to be a lot rarer to get crowns from these than the guiding lands tempered monsters, but I didn't notice much of a difference in frequency from master rank investigations at least.  Master rank crown chances seem pretty much consistent across every activity except for the crown events and the aforementioned guiding lands tempered monsters which were higher in my experience.

I would highly recommend getting a corresponding guiding lands region up to 6 or 7 when hunting for the non crown event Iceborne monsters.  I got a mini/large velkhana, mini/large ruiner nerg, mini/large lunastra, mini/large scarred yian garuga, mini/large gold rathian, large silver rathalos, mini blackveil vaal hazak, large shrieking legiana, large savage jho, large viper tobi, mini tigrex.. and others I can't recall off the top of my head from guiding lands tempered monsters.  I didn't have to measure that many times per tempered spawn of these either.  The chance of them giving crowns is almost undoubtedly higher than investigations.  I spent 15 hours trying to get both Namielle crowns from investigations(I was measuring.. it was an absurd amount of investigations I went through).. and I didn't notice much of a difference between 4 gold box or 4 silver or whatever arrangement.  Investigations are just super inefficient for crown hunting in Iceborne, in my experience.

Edited by Elegy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to the datamined quest info from Kiranico, they now have all 3 large crown and all 3 small crown sizes in the pool for the Furious Rajang Optional Quest.,

Before that update, it only had the largest small crown and smallest large crowb size. 

That means that now the odds of a large crown are 3% and the odds of a small crown are 6%, up from 1% and 2% respectively. 

Source: https://mhworld.kiranico.com/quests/6OXRP/all-that-glitters-is-furious

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got a small crown for Yian Garuga from the event quest Don't Forget The Earplugs! - MR 6.  I played it three times for the bunny ears piece and it looked really small each time so it's safe to say that we got another guarenteed crown. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't think so.

But I finally made it. Only 2 large crowns are missing.

But I just can not find any investigations for scarred yian garuga and golden rathian...

And there are so few sos for them.

Is there a chance to get their crowns in their events? Or even the optional quests?

On 9/23/2020 at 1:58 PM, Qualle960 said:

I don't think so.

But I finally made it. Only 2 large crowns are missing.

But I just can not find any investigations for scarred yian garuga and golden rathian...

And there are so few sos for them.

Is there a chance to get their crowns in their events? Or even the optional quests?

Late answer, but this is what I have gathered from around the internet during my crown hunting.

Event Quests? Not likely, but maybe. If it isn't a crown quest, then it probably doesn't drop crowns, or has a very low chance at it.
Optional Quests? It is confirmed that you can get crowns from Master Rank Optional quests, but the chances are still quite low, as far as anyone can tell.

My recommendation is the Guiding Lands. You can craft guiding lands lures at the elder melder, as well as banishing balls to get rid of any monster who isn't the right size. This makes for very efficient farming. You make a bunch of lures for the monster you are looking for, then head to the guiding lands. Lure the monster out, measure it, then either banish it if it's not the right size, or kill it if it is. That's how I got my Scarred Yian Garuga crowns. Some people, such as myself, had relatively good luck in the guiding lands, which might mean it has a higher crown drop rate, but it's impossible to tell without some datamining, so who knows?

Lures work like investigations, they are gone forever once you use them, so if you want to re-use the same lures, make sure to upload your save to the cloud or something.

17 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

Late answer, but this is what I have gathered from around the internet during my crown hunting.

Event Quests? Not likely, but maybe. If it isn't a crown quest, then it probably doesn't drop crowns, or has a very low chance at it.
Optional Quests? It is confirmed that you can get crowns from Master Rank Optional quests, but the chances are still quite low, as far as anyone can tell.

My recommendation is the Guiding Lands. You can craft guiding lands lures at the elder melder, as well as banishing balls to get rid of any monster who isn't the right size. This makes for very efficient farming. You make a bunch of lures for the monster you are looking for, then head to the guiding lands. Lure the monster out, measure it, then either banish it if it's not the right size, or kill it if it is. That's how I got my Scarred Yian Garuga crowns. Some people, such as myself, had relatively good luck in the guiding lands, which might mean it has a higher crown drop rate, but it's impossible to tell without some datamining, so who knows?

Lures work like investigations, they are gone forever once you use them, so if you want to re-use the same lures, make sure to upload your save to the cloud or something.

Thanks for the answer.

Yeah, i wasted about 10h with the Events. 

After endless track collection, i finally got some investigations for rathian and yian.

The Guiding Lands never worked for me. I didn't got a single crown there.

The best way for me have been the investigations. 

Today only the large golden Rathian is missing and I have ~12 gold investigations for her.

Soon I have the Platinum ?

Edited by Qualle960