Good News for Those Still Hunting Iceborne Crowns

4 hours ago, Xylobe said:

Very interesting, "Yodeling in the Forest" includes not only Yian Garuga, Nargacuga, and Rajang, but also Anjanath and Rathalos. I'm very surprised to see those repeated.

The next quest "Symphony of the Coral" looks to have Zinogre, Ebony Odogaron, and I believe Coral Pukei-Pukei.

Weird that they would have Anjanath and Rathalos repeat.

So a "resume" of the quests:

Yodeling in the Forest (Anjanath, Rathalos, Nargacuga, Yian Garuga and Rajang)

Available from 02/13 16:00 to 02/20 15:59.

Heavy Metal in the Waste (Black Diablos, Savage Jho, Glavenus and probably more 2)

Available from 02/20 16:00 to 02/27 15:59.

Symphony of the Coral (Ebony Odogaron, Zinogre and probably more 3)

Available from 02/27 16:00 to 03/05 15:59.

I believe they will all be available at once when we get a new event.

And probably we will get more 3 quests like those, one for each region (Rotten Vale, Elder's Recess and Hoarfrost Reach, maybe even for the Guiding Lands?)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tsar_Boy said:

Heavy Metal in the Waste (Black Diablos, Savage Jho, Glavenus and probably more 2)

And probably we will get more 3 quests like those, one for each region (Rotten Vale, Elder's Recess and Hoarfrost Reach, maybe even for the Guiding Lands?)

Heavy Metal In The Waste is almost guaranteed to have Nightshade Paolumu.  If you don't fight it there, it's usually in the Ancient Forest which is occupied by Anjanath, Rathalos and Rajang (for some reason).  I guess the 5th could be a monster from the base game that gave people a hint of trouble to find?  I know the Black Diablos annoyed the hell outta me, especially the mini one.

Symphony Of The Coral says it all: Coral Pukei-Pukei for sure and, maybe, Namielle I'm guessing?  There was a special master rank quest that had you fight a Zinogre (regular monster) AND Namielle (Elder Dragon) but don't hold your breath.  There's no way they leave it to only 3.

Rotten Vale I'm predicting will have Great Girros, Odogaron, Acidic Glavenus and Tigrex.

Elder's Recess should have Seething Bazelguese and Brachydios.  The other 2, I don't know.

Hoarfrost Reach?  Beotodus, Banbaro, Viper Tobi-Kadachi, Fulgur Anjanath and Shrieking Legiana obviously.

Guiding Lands I hope has the 4 special monsters: Scarred Yian Garuga, Gold Rathian, Silver Rathalos and Brute Tigrex representing each region.  Hell throw Rajang and Styigan Zinogre while you're at it to fill in the other 2 if you have to.  It's not like many people are gonna try to get crowns for them.  They're not needed for the platinum.  OR, have the Guiding Lands host one of the elder dragons needed like Velkana.  These are all just predictions mind you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsar_Boy said:

Symphony of the Coral actually shows a Coral Pukei in the thumbnail as well, but it's hard to see.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tsar_Boy said:

Has anyone gotten a mini nargacuga from yodelling in the forest?

Welcome to the club.  I got the largest largest Yian Garuga on my first try.  Then I got the mini Nargacuga on my second or third attempt.  All I need is the mini Yian Garuga and that's giving me the same amount of gripe as the largest Scarred Yian Garuga.  I lost count with the amount I had to abandon the quest when it was too big or return from quest when I thought I had it.  Twice a small one spawned but not small enough for a crown.

Edited by lightning_kf

41 minutes ago, lightning_kf said:

Welcome to the club.  I got the largest largest Yian Garuga on my first try.  Then I got the mini Nargacuga on my second or third attempt.  All I need is the mini Yian Garuga and that's giving me the same amount of gripe as the largest Scarred Yian Garuga.  I lost count with the amount I had to abandon the quest when it was too big or return from quest when I thought I had it.  Twice a small one spawned but not small enough for a crown.

I've got the mini Yian Garuda twice. One on my first try. Large one on the other hand? The last one I'm missing ?

8 hours ago, wackt1 said:

lmao, I have the same problem. I cannot get any mini crowns

The quest is definitely lopsided with the rng being greater for the large crowns. I eventually got the yian garuga small crown after hours. Got the other 3 quite quickly. Not sure if I want to keep trying for the rajang small even though it's not required for the plat

I can't get the giant Yian Garuga lmao, but a lot of giant Nargacugas and Giant rathalos. They should remove Anja and Ratahalos from the event, they are just filler monsters that make the RNG worse ?.

Look at this Rathalos, it's ridiculously giant

c61a4ab8e98bffa799c022c6b48ec14a24f5defe

Edited by Allonnos
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

The quest is definitely lopsided with the rng being greater for the large crowns. I eventually got the yian garuga small crown after hours. Got the other 3 quite quickly. Not sure if I want to keep trying for the rajang small even though it's not required for the plat

Not sure about that. I had multiple small ones but was lacking the large Yian Garuga for quite some time. I think its just bad RNG. 

1 hour ago, Tsar_Boy said:

Ok so, RNG is just being an *

Guess I'll just keep hunting then.

Anja and Rath on this quest? No idea why, maybe to fill the 5 monsters, but I hope they don't bring back any HR monster to the next crown quests

Wildspire Waste, the next one, will have a Black Diablos.  So yeah.  Expect more of them.

Okay this is getting ridiculous.  How many Anja/Garuga combinations (weakest to water) do I have to go through just to get a mini Garuga crown?

Edited by lightning_kf

2 hours ago, ZoutjeNL said:

Not sure about that. I had multiple small ones but was lacking the large Yian Garuga for quite some time. I think its just bad RNG. 

Hmm must have either been really lucky during the world events or the rng is worse here or maybe only being able to get 4 useful crowns this time out of 10 made the process more tedious. Really wish they would just give crown events for at least everything other than the elders. 

16 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Hmm must have either been really lucky during the world events or the rng is worse here or maybe only being able to get 4 useful crowns this time out of 10 made the process more tedious. Really wish they would just give crown events for at least everything other than the elders. 

I absolutely agree with you mate. I hope we see more IB monsters in the next few events. I find it kinda strange that they have so many returning monsters from the base game in these new events. 

Something tells me I'm gonna have to finish this event in order to get the mini Garuga crown, cause the return from quest solo method hasn't been working for me since I got the mini Nargacuga.  I joined one and they captured the Nargacuga in less than 5 minutes at least.  Safi Jiva weapons for sure.  We took out the Yian Garuga last and it updated both my smallest Nargacuga and largest Garuga records while giving me a smallest Rajang crown which I don't need.

So from now until Thursday it's either joining quests right at the start or starting one myself and hoping whoever answers can help me plow through these monsters as quickly as possible.

Edited by lightning_kf

2 hours ago, lightning_kf said:

So from now until Thursday it's either joining quests right at the start or starting one myself and hoping whoever answers can help me plow through these monsters as quickly as possible.

When I was doing the crown event quests in vanilla MHW, I would always host them myself, but I would not start hunting monsters till people would come in.

Or I would almost kill the first monster, then capture it when the lobby got full. Just to be polite. Nobody carted 3 times ever. EZ.

If you have a very high HR/MR number, people will follow your lead. Best time to play is when the Japanese players are on, they are best teammates.

I recommend hosting them yourself if you are good at the game, but if you need to be carried, join in on an experienced player.

Edited by Bodyodorthegrave69
  • Like 3

I can handle the Anjanath, Rathalos and Nargacuga pretty decent with bows on master rank.  Yian Garuga and Rajang?  I need help with those 2.  Thanks for the tips.  Now watch as Rajang or Yian Garuga carts everyone on my team in rapid fashion after we take down the other 4 monsters.

EDIT:

I hate when I'm right.  :facepalm:

Edited by lightning_kf