Good News for Those Still Hunting Iceborne Crowns

59 minutes ago, lightning_kf said:

I can handle the Anjanath, Rathalos and Nargacuga pretty decent with bows on master rank.  Yian Garuga and Rajang?  I need help with those 2.  Thanks for the tips.  Now watch as Rajang carts everyone on my team in rapid fashion after we take down the other 4 monsters.

I understand Rajang can be difficult. This is my first MH and when he was released he completely destroyed me.

You got to change your whole approach when fighting Rajang. You don't attack Rajang, you wait for him to allow you to hit him. Don't focus on attacking so much. Wait for an opening. The best opening is when he does his straight golden laser or when he does the belly flop, but don't be too close to the belly flop because it causes a minor tremor.

For Rajang I use a Crit Draw Greatsword build using Velkhana's Frostcraft. It's a hit and run playstyle. Focus on the tail when he goes super saiyan. Use Lifepowder and Dust of Life to heal yourself and teammates if they have trouble with Rajang.

For Yian Garuga, don't know what to tell you, I don't go anywhere near that thing lol. I use a LBG sticky build for that maniac. If you are melee there is a couple of openings. He has similar moves to Rathalos/Rathian.

Edit: I understand it's difficult bro, don't give up or maybe take a break?

Maybe send me a friend request so I can help you? We can try it with you, me, and 2 randoms. Or just me and you as a duo.

Edited by Bodyodorthegrave69

Our father who art in heaven, FINALLY.  ?

Got this scrawny son of a bitch.  I am done with the Ancient Forest quest.

I might take a break and jump on when the Wildspire Waste one is availale.

I might also hop on an investigation with the scarred version and pray I get a large gold crown, but for now finally I got him.

Edited by lightning_kf
  • Like 1

It took me 3 attempts but I got the largest Nightshade Paolumu and mini Glavenus that I needed.  All I'm missing is, of course, the smallest Savage Deviljho. 

It's always my most hated monsters to hunt that RNG tries to screw with me.

Joke's on you, RNG.  Heavy Metal In The Waste is so much easier than the previous one with teammates.  No crazy chicken or super saiyan monkey to screw everything up.   Just a black female in heat I guess.  That son of a bitch is gonna be extinct when I'm done with it. 

Edited by lightning_kf
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Qualle960 said:

I hate that black diablos is in there, i hate to fight her. She should have been in the base game events.

To have Jyuratodus again, is stupid as well, but at least very fast to kill.

I mean, you don't have to fight her. I've been killing Glavenus, Nightshade Paolumu, and Savage Deviljho, then 'Returning' from the quest. That way I don't have to fight Jyuratodos or B. Diablos.

2 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

I mean, you don't have to fight her. I've been killing Glavenus, Nightshade Paolumu, and Savage Deviljho, then 'Returning' from the quest. That way I don't have to fight Jyuratodos or B. Diablos.

Sure, but i like to play multiplayer and don't want to fckup the team ?

• Like 1

I should've known the mini Savage Deviljho would've been the one to stretch this event quest out for me.

Edit:

Never mind.  GOT 'IM.  Bring on the next event quest.  15 more crowns to go for me.

Whew.  This one was close though.  One of my teammates left the quest, probably got the crown he needed and the three of us barely survived Black Diablos and Savage Devilljho.  Good thing I went with my master rank Lunastra armor and saved the whole team near the dire end.

Edited by lightning_kf

14 hours ago, Qualle960 said:

Sure, but i like to play multiplayer and don't want to fckup the team 1f605.png

I play the entire fight because other people need help too, getting tired of people fighting one or two monster then leaving screwing up the rest.

I know why people do it because its a chore to fight the same monster over and over again even when done, but it screws people who need the help and turns into a really bad experience. 

3 hours ago, VaNiDgE said:

I play the entire fight because other people need help too, getting tired of people fighting one or two monster then leaving screwing up the rest.

I know why people do it because its a chore to fight the same monster over and over again even when done, but it screws people who need the help and turns into a really bad experience. 

I've been on the receiving end of those, or in some cases when I'm desperate I leave when I don't wanna lose a possible crown opportunity or I jumped into the quest at the wrong time cause I'd have to be AFC unfortunately.

Edited by lightning_kf

5 hours ago, VaNiDgE said:

Yeah, if people are going to only fight some monsters, like I do, they need to do it solo. If you join an online hunt, you stay until the end.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

Yeah, if people are going to only fight some monsters, like I do, they need to do it solo. If you join an online hunt, you stay until the end.

On one attempt I had of the Heavy Metal quest, 2 of the other players left with Savage Jho and Black Diablos left, and the third was AFK at camp. I ended up soloing the Jho despite the scaled health, then carting 3 times to the Black Diablos to spite the camper in case they needed one of its crowns. Didn't feel great about doing it, but if there's ever a time to throw that was probably it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xylobe said:

On one attempt I had of the Heavy Metal quest, 2 of the other players left with Savage Jho and Black Diablos left, and the third was AFK at camp. I ended up soloing the Jho despite the scaled health, then carting 3 times to the Black Diablos to spite the camper in case they needed one of its crowns. Didn't feel great about doing it, but if there's ever a time to throw that was probably it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honestly, crap like that is why i play solo. I could handle players leaving after killing a monster, but someone just going AFK at camp and letting everyone else do the work so they could get a crown would piss me off to no end.

There's HD images from the crown events on MH JP twitter account.

Coral Highlands quest: Zinogre, Coral Pukei Pukei, Ebony Odogaron and hopefully no repeated monster

Rotten Vale quest: Acidic Glavenus, Tigrex and Fulgur Anja, sadly I don't think there will be a Blackvei Vaal Hazak because there were no Ancient Dragon in the base game crown quests.

• Like 1

I noticed in the special arena challenges that the Scarred Yian Garuga is there.  Why the hell would you put that thing in there with preset weaponry?  I'll never know.  But I'm very curious.  Does that challenge guarantee a crown upon completion?  Most specifically a large one?  I remembered getting the Barroth and Pink Rathian crowns through the Street Fighter 5 quests a while back.

4 hours ago, Tsar_Boy said:

There's HD images from the crown events on MH JP twitter account.

Coral Highlands quest: Zinogre, Coral Pukei Pukei, Ebony Odogaron and hopefully no repeated monster

Rotten Vale quest: Acidic Glavenus, Tigrex and Fulgur Anja, sadly I don't think there will be a Blackvei Vaal Hazak because there were no Ancient Dragon in the base game crown quests.

Looking at the pattern I am thinking that we will get 2 base crown monsters (repeated) next to 3 IB monsters looking at the pattern. So just 3 Iceborne monsters each quest unfortunately. 

You are right, no Elders I am 90% sure.

For Volcanic my guesses are: Brachydios, Brute Tigrex and Seething Baselgeuze

For Hoarfrost Reach, I hope we get the exception to the rule and get 5 here as its Iceborne exclusive content. I would assume at least 3 out of the following 5 will be there: Barrioth, Beotodus, Banbaro, Skreeching Legiana and Viper Tobi-kadachi. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lightning_kf said:

I noticed in the special arena challenges that the Scarred Yian Garuga is there.  Why the hell would you put that thing in there with preset weaponry?  I'll never know.  But I'm very curious.  Does that challenge guarantee a crown upon completion?  Most specifically a large one?  I remembered getting the Barroth and Pink Rathian crowns through the Street Fighter 5 quests a while back.

Typically the only special arena quests that give guaranteed golds are the ones tied to a crossover or some type of special drop, like the Barroth/Pink Rathian you mentioned. Or the one a few weeks ago with a small Nightshade Paolumu (it gave some sort of drop for a weapon I think). If its just a regular old optional special arena quest then it won't be a guaranteed. Altho you can still get gold crowns from them if you're lucky.