Good News for Those Still Hunting Iceborne Crowns

4 hours ago, izzyrules said:

Typically the only special arena quests that give guaranteed golds are the ones tied to a crossover or some type of special drop, like the Barroth/Pink Rathian you mentioned. Or the one a few weeks ago with a small Nightshade Paolumu (it gave some sort of drop for a weapon I think). If its just a regular old optional special arena quest then it won't be a guaranteed. Altho you can still get gold crowns from them if you're lucky.

Well shoot.

Not worth it then.

On 2/25/2020 at 2:20 PM, kdogg_gamer_ said:

You guys think we will get all IB non elder dragons in quests? Even Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian?

I don't have high hopes for Silver Rathalos, Gold Rathian, Brute Tigrex, and Scarred Yian Garuga honestly. If we only get 3 per quest as we have been, then there just won't be room I think. My guess is 3 for each of the 5 pre-Iceborne zones and then 5 monsters for Hoarfrost Reach, which doesn't really leave anything left for them. Who knows though, maybe we'll get a guiding lands quest for them?

I'm putting a list of the crown quests and monsters below for myself to reference back to.

Yodeling in the Forest - Ancient Forest

Anjanath*, Rathalos*, Rajang*, Nargacuga, Yian Garuga

Heavy Metal in the Waste - Wildspire Waste

Jyuratodus*, Black Diablos*, Glavenus, Savage Deviljho, Nightshade Paolumu

Symphony of the Coral - Coral Highlands

Paolumu*, Legiana*, Coral Pukei-Pukei, Ebony Odogaron, Zinogre

Rotten Canzone - Rotten Vale

Great Girros*, Odogaron*, Acidic Glavenus, Tigrex, Fulgur Anjanath

Alt Rock Recess - Elder's Recess

Uragaan*, Azure Rathalos*, Banbaro, Brachydios, Seething Bazelgeuse

Ballad of the Hoarfrost - Hoarfrost Reach

Stygian Zinogre*, Barioth, Shrieking Legiana, Beotodus, Viper Tobi-Kadachi

(?) = datamined leaks

* = MHW base game monster or IB DLC monster

Rajang got included, which I would guess means Stygian Zin will too, which adds up perfectly to my theory. All monsters represented except EDs, Brute Tigrex, Scarred Yian, Gold Rath, and Silver Rath.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 2

Don't remind me of the Black Diablos please.

Good Lord I have so many investigations with the Gold Rathian, Silver Rathalos and Brute Tigrex (some combining one of the former with the Brute Tigrex with no avail on any of them) and one Scarred Yian Garuga that I need to stop holding off and gamble.  If Yian Garuga got in an event quest along with a frigging Rajang, those 4 have to be guarantees for one of their own.  I don't see why not.

On 26. 2. 2020 at 0:23 PM, lightning_kf said:

^ There's always the Guiding Land.

I don't see Guiding Lands having a quest. To Guiding Lands you're basically going for expedition.

23 hours ago, lightning_kf said:

Don't remind me of the Black Diablos please.

Good Lord I have so many investigations with the Gold Rathian, Silver Rathalos and Brute Tigrex (some combining one of the former with the Brute Tigrex with no avail on any of them) and one Scarred Yian Garuga that I need to stop holding off and gamble.  If Yian Garuga got in an event quest along with a frigging Rajang, those 4 have to be guarantees for one of their own.  I don't see why not.

Don't forget the Roadmap - time for these events is limited. I think we will get Elder's Recess, Hoarfrost Reach and that's it.

road.jpg

19 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I don’t feel like these events have an increased gold crown rate. I feel like I was doing better at investigations than these.

They definitely do have an increased rate, but it doesn't change the fact it's still RNG. You just got unlucky. For example, I've gotten 5 crowns in 3 hunts this week.

Edited by BloodyRutz

On 26. 2. 2020 at 4:17 AM, danceswithsloths said:

I don't have high hopes for Silver Rathalos, Gold Rathian, Brute Tigrex, and Scarred Yian Garuga honestly. If we only get 3 per quest as we have been, then there just won't be room I think. My guess is 3 for each of the 5 pre-Iceborne zones and then 5 monsters for Hoarfrost Reach, which doesn't really leave anything left for them. Who knows though, maybe we'll get a guiding lands quest for them?

I'm putting a list of the crown quests and monsters below for myself to reference back to.

Yodeling in the Forest - Ancient Forest

Anjanath*, Rathalos*, Rajang*, Nargacuga, Yian Garuga

Heavy Metal in the Waste - Wildspire Waste

Jyuratodus*, Black Diablos*, Glavenus, Savage Deviljho, Nightshade Paolumu

Symphony of the Coral - Coral Highlands

Coral Pukei-Pukei, Ebony Odogaron, Zinogre, ???, ???

Rotten Canzone - Rotten Vale

Acidic Glavenus, Tigrex, Fulgur Anjanath, ???, ???

Unnamed Elder's Recess quest

Stygian Zinogre(?)*, Brachydios(?), Seething Bazelgeuse(?), ???, ???

Unnamed Hoarfrost Reach quest

Banbaro(?), Beotodus(?), Shrieking Legiana(?), Barioth(?), Viper Tobi-Kadachi(?)

(?) = My current guess

??? = Likely repeats of MHW base game monsters

* = MHW base game monster or IB DLC monster

Rajang got included, which I would guess means Stygian Zin will too, which adds up perfectly to my theory. All monsters represented except EDs, Brute Tigrex, Scarred Yian, Gold Rath, and Silver Rath.

I think this is the closest to how it's going to be. That's also why I was concentrating mainly on endgame variants and Elders. In case anybody is interested in sizes..

IMG-4544-1.jpg

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

I think this is the closest to how it's going to be. That's also why I was concentrating mainly on endgame variants and Elders. In case anybody is interested in sizes..

IMG-4544-1.jpg

I play since Launch and I've mever met those Monster behind Rajang. I think they are not needed for the Crown Trophy. I mean this Zinogre Thing and this Safi.vija.

10 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

I play since Launch and I've mever met those Monster behind Rajang. I think they are not needed for the Crown Trophy. I mean this Zinogre Thing and this Safi.vija.

Correct, Stygian Zinogre is DLC monster not needed for Plat (same as Rajang) and Safi'jiiva is fixed size, so it doesn't even have crowns.

Edited by BloodyRutz

11 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

IMG-4544-1.jpg

My disdain for the Scarred Yian Garuga just got worse.

11 hunts and you got the large crown yet it won't drop for me after 17 other than 5 silver ones.  What the hell?

1 hour ago, lightning_kf said:

My disdain for the Scarred Yian Garuga just got worse.

11 hunts and you got the large crown yet it won't drop for me after 17 other than 5 silver ones.  What the hell?

If it makes you feel better, I killed something like 37 before I got both crowns, lol.

15 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

"Symphony of the Coral" is Paolumu, Legiana, Coral Pukei-Pukei, Ebony Odogaron, and Zinogre, so we're back to 2 repeats unfortunately.

The next quest, "Alt Rock Recess", shows Brachydios, Seething Bazelgeuse, and I think that's actually a Silver Rathalos.

That's definitely Silver Rath. So I guess we're in luck @lightning_kf, my predictions are not totally accurate it would seem, and those last 4 monsters might make it in.

I've updated my list above.

Edited by danceswithsloths

1 minute ago, danceswithsloths said:

That's definitely Silver Rath. So I guess we're in luck @lightning_kf, my predictions are not totally accurate it would seem, and those last 4 monsters might make it in.

Agreed, that's our buddy Silverlos. I can put off farming him for now I guess, altho I only need the small. With the (I think accurate) assumption the elders were never going to be included, right now its looking like Scarred Garuga, Gold Rathian, and Brute Tigrex may be left out. Unless the MHW gods hear our pleas!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, danceswithsloths said:

I've updated my list above.

I did say that it'd be a waste to not have the 4 endgame monsters in the event quests when Yian Garuga got in.  Now the Silver Rathalos is in.  Sweet.

Haven't gotten a crown from the Silver Rathalos yet, only need a mini crown for the Brute Tigrex, need a large crown for the Scarred Yian Garuga.

And I got all of the crowns for the Gold Rathian today with the mini crown.

Also, wow, this quest was a cakewalk with other hunters.  Plus the monster that I need a crown for now is the Coral Pukei-Pukei.  I made a bet to myself that Zinogre was gonna be the one to make me repeat this quest.  But it's the easier Coral Pukei-Pukei.  I got the mini Zinogre on my second attempt.  Thank you, RNG.  3 crowns in one day, coming up.

Edit

And just got the largest Coral Pukei-Pukei.

That went quick.

Edited by lightning_kf
  • Like 1

I don't want to be the messenger of bad news, but it seems to be the azure rathalos and not the silver. if you look at the Silver it is completely silver, unlike the azure that the wings are white from below, here a comparison.

image-asset.jpeg?format=2500wmaxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Allonnos
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Allonnos said:

I don't want to be the messenger of bad news, but it seems to be the azure rathalos and not the silver. if you look at the Silver it is completely silver, unlike the azure that the wings are white from below, here a comparison.

image-asset.jpeg?format=2500wmaxresdefault.jpg

Hmmm, could be actually... that would be a bummer, but honestly expected from me.