Good News for Those Still Hunting Iceborne Crowns

The only thing that all of you can expect is that a guiding lands event, from personal experience getting the crowns of the Gold Rathian and the Silver Rathalos was a real hell, especially the Rathalos that is one of those monsters that never stop moving.
Has anyone else had trouble getting the crowns of the Coral pukei? I have not obtained any.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lightning_kf said:

Well?  Try to hope and pray that a crown drops for him.  Cause I need both.

Yeah, I'm in need of Gold Rath crowns real bad lol

Also, I'm having terrible luck with the newest crown quest. I've had pretty good luck with most of these events in the past, both base game and Iceborne, but I can't seem to find a giant crown Coral Pukei or a small crown Zinogre. Here's hoping the power of complaining in a forum post can get me these this weekend. 

Edit: Finally got them today! Whew, hopefully next weeks goes a little easier.

15 hours ago, Allonnos said:

The only thing that all of you can expect is that a guiding lands event, from personal experience getting the crowns of the Gold Rathian and the Silver Rathalos was a real hell, especially the Rathalos that is one of those monsters that never stop moving.
Has anyone else had trouble getting the crowns of the Coral pukei? I have not obtained any.

I got his small crown, but no luck with large crown yet :/

Edited by danceswithsloths

I still need the small Coral Pukei (already had the large), but I got the large Ebony Odo and large Zinogre on back to back hunts and that's what I needed from them. So I can't complain too much about the event. I'll get it eventually. And then go back to the endless farming of Silver and Gold...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

Yeah, I'm in need of Gold Rath crowns real bad lol

Also, I'm having terrible luck with the newest crown quest. I've had pretty good luck with most of these events in the past, both base game and Iceborne, but I can't seem to find a giant crown Coral Pukei or a small crown Zinogre. Here's hoping the power of complaining in a forum post can get me these this weekend. 

I got his small crown, but no luck with large crown yet :/

Same here. I have had decent to good luck so far with every single event quest but this one is easily the worst. I have gotten gold crown updates for certain monsters twice but still have not gotten a large zinogre crown. I have lost count of how many times I have repeated the quest and am now considering loading up investigations and looking for the large crown zinogre there instead

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Allonnos said:

No, I got all crowns from this Quest for Coral Pukei Pukei and Vulkan Odogaron in 3 hours. But my feelings say: The  Drop Rate was higher in the Original MHW Crown Quests.

7 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

Also, I'm having terrible luck with the newest crown quest. I've had pretty good luck with most of these events in the past, both base game and Iceborne, but I can't seem to find a giant crown Coral Pukei or a small crown Zinogre.

I had Zinogre already, because at the Beginning shortly after Release I played Guided Lands a lot and back then the Gold Crown Drop Rate was high there. I got both Zinogre Crowns and both Wundmal Yian-Garuga Crowns in no time (Level 5, 6 and 7 Areas). Don't know how the actually state is, I don't play the Guided Lands anymore.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

I got the mini Coral first, almost got the large with the Ebony Odogaron and it took 3 attempts of the newest event quest to get his large gold crown.

Usually it's the more annoying monsters that are the ones that don't drop a crown for me.  I guess the Coral Pukei-Pukei was a pain in the ass for me.  I'm surprised it didn't take so long to get that as opposed to the last 2.  Dear Lord the mini crowns for Yian Garuga and Savage Deviljho took forever.

• Like 1

I see, I have a hypothesis, the RNG of the game generates more opportunities for certain monsters per player, because at this moment I have obtained 2 times the mini crowns of Odogaron and Zinogre, a larger legiana than I had, but the Paolumu, one of the monsters that cost me the most to obtain their crowns in the base game still doesn't vary at all in their size and now the same thing happens with the pukei, so I will see if I help instead of generating my own missions.

It's funny you bring that up.  I have completed several quests online and solo that had a Shrieking Legiana in it with a Tigrex, Barioth and Fulgur Anjanath.

I needed the mini crown for a Barioth.  I got the mini crown.

Needed both crowns for Tigrex.  Got the mini crown.

Needed the large crown for Fulgur Anjanath.  Got it today.

Yet, somehow, not a single crown for the Shrieking Legiana dropped for me to this point.

Edited by lightning_kf

9 hours ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I haven't been getting hardly any gold crowns. Its ridiculous. 

Don't give up, it does seem the current symphony gold crown event rng isn't on my side but I've been slowly getting there it seems every 3 to 4 matches in yield a crown I need. 

I now just need a large zinogre but since he's  one of the last monster's to enter I don't do it solo as it seems faster to smash the monsters with a team. Also his size seems to be down right lies. I faced and absolute humongous zinogre that seemed to be more aggressive then usual, dam carted two people in my party, but a large gold crown on that particular match wasn't to be.

I'm just hope next crown events rng is more generous.

Whoa people are having troubles with the Coral Highlands event?

I must have been lucky.  Snagged the mini Zinogre crown on my second attempt with a team followed by the large Coral Pukei-Pukei via Return From Quest method.

If anything I hope RNG is generous with the Brute Tigrex.  Just need his mini crown and it's smooth sailing for me.

9 hours ago, lightning_kf said:

Don't give up, man.  We've all been there but in due time RNG decides to be merciful and give us the crowns we need.

Which crowns are you specifically trying to get?

Basically all of them. Been 4+ hours. We actually are ditching the crown events because when we did investigations we were pulling at least 1 crown a night, almost a full monster (two crowns) a night.

18 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Basically all of them. Been 4+ hours. We actually are ditching the crown events because when we did investigations we were pulling at least 1 crown a night, almost a full monster (two crowns) a night.

Well, to each their own, if you feel that is better for you guys then go ahead and stick with it, but I have gotten 3-4 crowns out of a single run of the event quests before.

5 hours ago, lightning_kf said:

Whoa people are having troubles with the Coral Highlands event?

I must have been lucky.  Snagged the mini Zinogre crown on my second attempt with a team followed by the large Coral Pukei-Pukei via Return From Quest method.

If anything I hope RNG is generous with the Brute Tigrex.  Just need his mini crown and it's smooth sailing for me.

Yeah, I gotta say I had pretty good luck with the event. And I just got a large Gold Rathian crown tonight. I just need a large Brute Tigrex and I've got all the monsters that I'm thinking won't have an event covered. Come on RNG! 

You know I think I'm starting to see how annoying it is for RNG to spawn a mini Brute Tigrex.  Him and Blackveil Vaal Hazak are the only minis I need.

Everyone else (Brachy, Tigrex, Shrieking and Viper) are all large and will appear in the events.  But over the weekend I got the Fulgur Anjanath on Saturday and the game finally decided to give me a crown, a mini, for the Shrieking Legiana after I got all 2 Silver Rathalos crowns.

Perhaps I shouldn't mow through the Brute Tigrex investigations I have so quickly and mix them up a bit.

1 hour ago, lightning_kf said:

You know I think I'm starting to see how annoying it is for RNG to spawn a mini Brute Tigrex.  Him and Blackveil Vaal Hazak are the only minis I need.

Everyone else (Brachy, Tigrex, Shrieking and Viper) are all large and will appear in the events.  But over the weekend I got the Fulgur Anjanath on Saturday and the game finally decided to give me a crown, a mini, for the Shrieking Legiana after I got all 2 Silver Rathalos crowns.

Perhaps I shouldn't mow through the Brute Tigrex investigations I have so quickly and mix them up a bit.

I like to mix them up, just to prevent getting bored. Thing is all I need now (of the ones I'm guessing won't get events) is a large Brute Tigrex so I'll be burning through my investigations for him.

Edited by izzyrules

At least with a large one it's very noticeable.

I took a look at my guild card and realised something: with the exception of 3 monsters none of my crown grinds went about 50 during my Iceborne run.  Nightshade Paolumu and Lunastra are the only ones that did, now you can add Tigrex to that list.

So......hope for some luck?

Edited by lightning_kf

Yeah, I will say the minis are much harder to tell than the large gold crowns. When I've gotten a large gold, I was fairly positive the minute I saw the monster it was a large gold. I've actually gotten small golds and was completely surprised by it. 

12 minutes ago, izzyrules said:

Yeah, I will say the minis are much harder to tell than the large gold crowns. When I've gotten a large gold, I was fairly positive the minute I saw the monster it was a large gold. I've actually gotten small golds and was completely surprised by it. 

Ebony Odogaron

Velkhana

Namielle

Viper Tobi-Kadachi

Tigrex

Barioth

Shrieking Legiana

Ruiner Nergigante
Scarred Yian Garuga

Banbaro

Those are the ones that immediately come to mind as monsters that I got the mini crowns and never noticed it.  Like my mind plays tricks on me.  As if I'm seeing something out of the ordinary.  Like Ruiner Nergigante.  The one that spawned for me in the Wildspire Waste.  It walked right past me and I followed it around its left leg.  Something about it did look off and I fired an SOS before attacking.  When that mini crown appeared on the screen I was shocked.  It didn't look that small to me.

Edited by lightning_kf

When I got both the mini Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian I was surprised. I thought they were on the smallish size, but wasn't expecting a gold either time. I was more fighting them just to get more possible investigations to farm later. But for the large golds, for both I walked up to them and knew it had to be a large gold cause they were massive.

Edited: Got the large Brute Tigrex crown, I'm pretty much home free now!

Edited by izzyrules
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, izzyrules said:

When I got both the mini Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathian I was surprised. I thought they were on the smallish size, but wasn't expecting a gold either time. I was more fighting them just to get more possible investigations to farm later. But for the large golds, for both I walked up to them and knew it had to be a large gold cause they were massive.

Wait.  You got the mini Brute Tigrex?  How?  I'm trying to see if I can spot at least one thing on it to give me a clue that it's a mini.  Tail, wing claws, position of chin to my hunter's head.  Nothing so far.

8 minutes ago, lightning_kf said:

Wait.  You got the mini Brute Tigrex?  How?  I'm trying to see if I can spot at least one thing on it to give me a clue that it's a mini.  Tail, wing claws, position of chin to my hunter's head.  Nothing so far.

I was lucky and got one early one before I was even really trying for the crowns. So unfortunately i can't really give any hints as to how to measure him. I honestly didn't have much luck measuring the large ones either, due to the floor being so uneven where he spawns at in the elder's recess. I just went by the eye test, and if he looked on the bigger side I'd hunt him. 

One thing I do remember is that it was in an investigation for both Tigrex and Brute Tigrex. And I do remember seeing him with the Tigrex and the Brute was noticeably smaller. That was really my only clue that it could be a gold.

Also, maybe its just me, but i'm having INCREDIBLE luck with the 3 silver/1 gold hunts. My last 4 gold crowns have come from those types...

Edited by izzyrules