Good News for Those Still Hunting Iceborne Crowns

On 3/12/2020 at 10:11 AM, Xylobe said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunterWorld/comments/fhecx6/datamined_hoarfrost_crown_event_quest_also_full/

Take this with a grain of salt, but according to this reddit user a datamine of the PC version shows two things:

- "Alt Rock Recess" will be Banbaro, Uragaan, Brachydios, Azure Rathalos, and Seething Bazelgeuse

- There will be a Hoarfrost Reach event: "Ballad of the Hoarfrost" will start on March 26/27 (depending on your time zone) and feature Beotodus, Viper Tobi-Kadachi, Barioth, Shrieking Legiana, and Stygian Zinogre

Obviously not confirmed yet, but if true then it will be later this evening when Alt Rock Recess becomes available and the event quest calendar rolls over

Probably doesn't need to be confirmed again at this point, but for posterity this list for Ballad of the Hoarfrost is correct.

Also looks like all of the previous event quests have returned until May 7th, including the rest of the Iceborne crown quests. Not sure what the occasion is unless it's for quarantine.

Edited by Xylobe
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

Probably doesn't need to be confirmed again at this point, but for posterity this list for Ballad of the Hoarfrost is correct.

Also looks like all of the previous event quests have returned until May 7th, including the rest of the Iceborne crown quests. Not sure what the occasion is unless it's for quarantine.

Oh wow yeah, looks like all event quests are active currently. Probably for quarantine, yeah.

This is great news though! (The quests, not the quarantine) There are great quests for farming decorations, upgrade materials, monster materials, and gold crowns all up currently. As well as the special armor and weapon events, so if anybody missed or wants the Resident Evil quests, the Horizon Zero Dawn quests, the Buff Body quests, or any others, now is the time to get on it.

Also Safi'Jiiva returns in two weeks, which is awesome for people like me who need to farm more Dracolite, he won't be gone long.

Personally, I'll be hitting up 'Ode to Destruction' for Great Spiritvein Gems, 'The Wrath of the Thunder Descends' for decorations, 'Alt Rock Recess' because I never got Seething Bazel's large crown, and of course 'Ballad of the Hoarfrost' for all those great new crowns.

Happy Hunting everybody!

Edited by danceswithsloths

Now, RNG, you listen to me.  You forced me to fight 96 Shrieking Legiana and all I got was a mini crown.

Every monster other than, at least, one or two NEVER took me over 50 during my Iceborne run but this is annoying.

I don't care how many Viper Tobi-Kadachi or Beotodus I kill.  I will make them extinct until you give me my God damn large gold crown.

Edited by lightning_kf

I needed 7 crowns from the monsters in the hoarfrost reach event, and I got them all in about 3 hours.

Now I only need big lunastra, which is gonna be veeery painful since I don't have any more of her investagations ? 

2 minutes ago, Pustur said:

I needed 7 crowns from the monsters in the hoarfrost reach event, and I got them all in about 3 hours.

Now I only need big lunastra, which is gonna be veeery painful since I don't have any more of her investagations ? 

High rank expeditions in the Wildspire Waste or Elder's Recess with the researcher buff to get more investigations for her.

17 minutes ago, lightning_kf said:

High rank expeditions in the Wildspire Waste or Elder's Recess with the researcher buff to get more investigations for her.

Thanks for the tip. Do I pick up any tracks that I find? I hope to find a few investigations then I will just save scum untill I get it.

EDIT: also I wish you luck for your legiana ?

Edited by Pustur

9 minutes ago, Pustur said:

Thanks for the tip. Do I pick up any tracks that I find? I hope to find a few investigations then I will just save scum untill I get it.

EDIT: also I wish you luck for your legiana ?

The High Rank event quest "Tracking the Delivery" has 24 tempered elder dragon tracks to farm for investigations, and thanks to the quarantine it's live right now. The investigations you find will all be tempered of course, but if you have Master Rank gear that shouldn't make much difference.

• Like 1

Okay.  I see.  Game decided to be a dick with me.  ?

All of the time I went after Beotodus and Viper Tobi-Kadachi with no luck whatsoever.

I got frustrated and went after the Barioth first, who was a massive dick throughout the fight, followed by the Shrieking Legiana who was a COLOSSAL dick.  After all of this time trying to get that large gold crown.......NOW.  NOW it gave to me after I took out the Barioth first but not before it kicked my ass.  Screw this, I only have the mini Blackveil Vaal Hazak left to get with 24 investigations chances left.  Not even that elder dragon should take THAT long.  AND he's a fun fight as well.  One of my favorite monsters in Iceborne.

I.E: you should've seen the look my hunter had on the end screen when I returned from the quest.  Her face pretty much resembled mine having to deal with that annoying blizzard canary for so God damn long.

Edited by lightning_kf
  • Like 1

Finally, I got the platinum!, thanks to everyone for the tips, especially for the investigations to get the crowns which is basically the most difficult thing to complete. Here is my time for the base game and expansion. I can finally play more things again! ?

822a66521348cea85d03722020ceb63584c64275

7 hours ago, lightning_kf said:

Okay.  I see.  Game decided to be a dick with me.  1f620.png

All of the time I went after Beotodus and Viper Tobi-Kadachi with no luck whatsoever.

I got frustrated and went after the Barioth first, who was a massive dick throughout the fight, followed by the Shrieking Legiana who was a COLOSSAL dick.  After all of this time trying to get that large gold crown.......NOW.  NOW it gave to me after I took out the Barioth first but not before it kicked my ass.  Screw this, I only have the mini Blackveil Vaal Hazak left to get with 24 investigations chances left.  Not even that elder dragon should take THAT long.  AND he's a fun fight as well.  One of my favorite monsters in Iceborne.

I.E: you should've seen the look my hunter had on the end screen when I returned from the quest.  Her face pretty much resembled mine having to deal with that annoying blizzard canary for so God damn long.

I recommend you is to access other people's missions, when I was stuck with the sizes I started to help, it also becomes more entertaining and less as an obligation.

Edited by Allonnos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Allonnos said:

I recommend you is to access other people's missions, when I was stuck with the sizes I started to help, it also becomes more entertaining and less as an obligation.

I'm good.  The only monsters that annoyed me were the mini Yian Garuga and the Shrieking Legiana.  Nightshade Paolumu and Glavenus are two examples of monsters that took a while to get both of their crowns, yet they were fun fights.  The Shrieking Legiana was not fun.

Nah, man, I could take on the Blackveil Vaal Hazak or I could call for assistance (I.E: let others come in who need crowns for this guy) and with the armor set I have in mind (full Blackveil armor, Ruiner Nergigante long sword, max wide range charm) to make it go quicker and be more fun.  Blackveil Vaal Hazak is my favorite elder dragon, next to Namielle but she was the first monster whose crowns I got all of, and nothing can be done to make me hate him.  Not even a B.S. RNG.

Edited by lightning_kf

Called it.  I knew the mini crown for the Blackveil Vaal Hazak wasn't gonna take long.  ?

Three attempts, techincally, and I got it.  67th platinum.  Woot.

And it was just as I said.

Ruiner Nergigante long sword

Full Blackveil armor

Full wide range stats

Full miasma resistence (I forgot I had that stacked in that set)

Full speed eating

A lot of max potions, potions, powders and nullberries just in case anyone who answered my SOS flare didn't come prepared.

First one was with 2 players.  Made sense.  I could keep an eye on one person and make sure they don't get carted (kinda didn't work ?)

The mini crown was with 4 players.  I had way too much fun with that one than with the first which was clearly a larger one.

Either way, I'm glad I saved Blackveil Vaal Hazak for last.  I love that elder dragon.  Him, his regular version, Namielle and Teostra.

• Like 3

Salut, j'ai besoin d'aide pour Big Crown of Lunastra. Cela me manque seulement ... Je recherche un joueur pour chasser ce monstre. Après 4 jours, pas de couronne ... 

Demander un événement Suprem Lunastra peut donner une couronne? 

You can add me for hunt Lunastra 

Edited by Droer
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Skills2Much4U said:

I don't have a tzitzi yaku, pink rathian, kirin, and vanilla nergigante. Are any of this monsters required for the MR crown trophy?

Yes I think that you need those for the iceborne trophy.

Edited by Pustur

3 hours ago, Pustur said:

Yes I think that you need those for the iceborne trophy.

really? I thought those were only for the base game trophy set. Maybe he is missing Deviljho and lunastra crowns though, which are needed for the iceborne trophies.