80% of customers prefer PS4 over Xbone and Wii-U

Piggie_Pie

Notice they aren't giving any real details about the poll, just saying that 80% of people prefer it. Also, I've never heard of team Xbox but apparently that sample size isn't too big. Let's just wait and see the actual numbers before saying things like "As expected" or "I told you so". With the amount of backtracking Microsoft is doing, they've slowly been drawing back people that were about to change. It'll be interesting to watch.

• Like 3

Maybe people are finally sick of Microsoft putting everything behind the Xbox Live! Gold pay wall. Sure, Sony is requiring a PS+ subscri[tion for most games to be played online but you can use all the other PS4 functions without a subscription. The Xbox is totally different. Want to watch Netflix, something you already have to pay money for? Sorry, you have to be a Gold member, Want to use the internet browser? Sorry, you have to be a Gold member. Want to use the YouTube app, sorry you have to be a Gold member. Want to use the Xbox DVR feature? Sorry you have to be a Gold member. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me to see Microsoft put games saves behing a pay wall too. Oh, you want to save your game progress? Yeah, I'm going to need you to go ahead and subscribe to Xbox Live Gold, okay?

For what its worth every single poll I've seen the PlayStation 4 has been destroying the One, even on Amazon's poll which had a pretty big sample size I may pick up a One a few years down the line if they have a good list of exclusives but I will be picking up a PlayStation 4 on day one. 

Parker

• Like 2

Another thing to notice is that Microsoft getting rid of the DRM is PRIME PROOF that Microsoft is only in it for the money. Microsoft and the Xbox 180's DRM plan backfired as soon as they announced it, and changing it will not do anything.

Hopefully the people going from 360 to PS4 will get a friendly welcome from the rest of us.

4>1

BlueFireReaper.png?8418

Edited by BlueFireReaper

Another thing to notice is that Microsoft getting rid of the DRM is PRIME PROOF that Microsoft is only in it for the money. Microsoft and the Xbox 180's DRM plan backfired as soon as they announced it, and changing it will not do anything.

Hopefully the people going from 360 to PS4 will get a friendly welcome from the rest of us.

4>1

BlueFireReaper.png?8418

You don't think Sony are in it for the money? If Sony announced a bunch of features players hated why in the world would they keep those features? Microsoft gambled and it definitely didn't go over well with gamers so they made a good move and got rid of the things we didn't like. 

In all honesty a lot of ideas for the Xbox One were actually pretty good but they were flawed in their application. If the system had all the features it was originally supposed to have but without the DRM, Sony could've potentially been in trouble. Another thing I really don't understand is people saying a company is only in it for the money as some sort of insult. The idea behind any company is to make a profit, aka money. If they didn't make money we wouldn't have their products. 

Parker

• Like 1

You don't think Sony are in it for the money? If Sony announced a bunch of features players hated why in the world would they keep those features? Microsoft gambled and it definitely didn't go over well with gamers so they made a good move and got rid of the things we didn't like. 

In all honesty a lot of ideas for the Xbox One were actually pretty good but they were flawed in their application. If the system had all the features it was originally supposed to have but without the DRM, Sony could've potentially been in trouble. Another thing I really don't understand is people saying a company is only in it for the money as some sort of insult. The idea behind any company is to make a profit, aka money. If they didn't make money we wouldn't have their products. 

Parker

Sorry, must have written that down wrong.

What I meant to say was that Microsoft didn't really pay much attention to the gamers as much as Sony did (Here I'm relating to E3. I think both sides learned a lesson from that). Of course both are in it to make a profit; they need money to support themselves in life, but if you pan your attention away from the gamers, they will start to lose trust in you.

BlueFireReaper.png?8418