Two trophies left for plat. Not sure what to do.

Chocolat_GiddyUp

I only need the Rapid Discord and Simple Geometry (Storm Arrow) for the plat.

Been trying to join the Saturday boosting sessions but we haven't been successful in matching the 6vs6 teams together. Sometimes I won't be able to attend because of real life stuff.

I don't mind going for the Rapid Discord legit because the wait time to play Zen is very small and he is really fun to play.

Hanzo being a dps though, makes the que very long and then there is the chance the other dps will take Hanzo. Three killing blows with 1 use of Storm Arrow is ridiculous.

I really like the game but I am not sure what to do. I'm kinda stuck.

I feel like I have three choices. 1. Stop playing OW and play Horizon Zero Dawn. 2. Play Zen and have fun and hopefully get Rapid Discord. 3. Go for the Hanzo trophy, which I really would not have fun doing that.

I imagine I can get both these trophies legit, but realistically I imagine I would need to drop 1,000 hours into OW to get them because of the RNG. I like the game a lot but still I have my limits.

Anyone with some constructive advice or suggestions?

@Beyondthegrave07 Thank you for your help.

Edited by Typical PSNPee User
  • Like 1

I got my last non-DLC trophy in July 2018, only one I'm missing now is Rapid Discord, it can really be a pain to get ???

I tend to go all out for a few weeks, then take a break and try again a few weeks later. Won't make you burn out as fast. 

Maybe give Horizon some game time and then go back and try the trophies again?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Liioni said:

snip

That is some really good advice. I will most likely do what you are suggesting.

Hopefully we get our Rapid Discord one day.

Btw if you need help with Doomfist's Air Strike trophy, I would be happy to help if you are interested.

That one can be boosted using the 1vs1 leave-group-method if the map/ledges/angles are good.

Edited by Typical PSNPee User

3 minutes ago, Typical PSNPee User said:

That is some really good advice. I will most likely do what you are suggesting.

Hopefully we get our Rapid Discord one day.

Btw if you need help with Doomfist's Air Strike trophy, I would be happy to help if you are interested.

That one can be boosted using the 1vs1 leave-group-method if the map/ledges/angles are good.

Thanks for the offer but I want to do all of them without boosting :D

• Like 4

I ended up boosting Rapid Discord years ago after multiple hours of specifically going for it. In all honesty, like most trophies in the game, it comes down to luck and having everything fall strictly into the right place at the right time. It is frustrating but it's a matter of just keeping at it. Just be sure to not overdo it and burn yourself out of the game and/or get too frustrated when things aren't going right.

• Utilizing Zarya's Ultimate: Having someone on your team who can properly utilize Zarya's ultimate ability can provide a huge help for someone who's going for this trophy just like a plethora of others in the game.
  • Pay very close attention to your teammates: Watch your teammates' actions and who they're generally targeting. You don't need to land a final blow or deal any damage since the trophy allows for just assists. As long as you simply place an orb of discord on an enemy, you will be awarded an assist when they eliminate the target that had the orb of discord placed on them. If you can, though, try to land a hit or two to help out. Just be careful that you're not in an area where you can easily be taken out by a sniper or catch the attention of someone else. As a Zenyatta, your mobility is very low and it makes it easy to be eliminated by most heroes in the game.

As for the Saturday boost sessions, I say keep giving them a shot if you feel like doing so. It took me three or so different boost lobbies until I got my Rapid Discord trophy. Overwatch is a very booster unfriendly game as is, so it's best to keep trying until everything falls into place just right.

As for Simple Geometry, like Rapid Discord, it's mostly about having the opposition at the right place at the right time. I got the trophy when Hanzo still had Scatter Arrows, so I won't be able to offer and direct advice, unfortunately. Generally, as stated with Rapid Discord, you can utilize a Zarya Ultimate ability to help with zoning in on targets to help increase your odds of getting kills.

Along with that, as you've mentioned, you are at the mercy of queue times for DPS. I'm hoping that Blizzard will allow you to pop trophies in Quickplay Classic sometime in the near future. I believe a developer talked about the idea of allowing this to happen, but that's been months ago and they haven't implemented it as of yet if my knowledge is correct.

Like what @Liioni stated, I think it can be a good idea to hop onto a different game and play it for a while if you really feel like you're getting too frustrated or stressed. Once you return, you may feel better and that'll improve your shots of getting at least one of the trophies to pop.

Hopefully, these tips can help both of you guys out for Rapid Discord. Good luck!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, shortly after making this post we managed to get both teams matched in our boosting session. Got that tricky Hanzo Stormarrow trophy out of the way. All dps classes are done! I really do not like playing Hanzo, so huge relief.

Now all I have left is Rapid Discord and I love playing Zen. Let's see if I can get it legit. I get pretty close with 3 kills/assists very fast, but the fourth victim is never around in these situations xD 

Thanks again for your encouragement @Liioni and @Z-Yux!

Also big thanks to @Dark Prince for his kind words LOL <3

Edited by Bodyodorthegrave69

14 minutes ago, Bodyodorthegrave69 said:

Heh, shortly after making this post we managed to get both teams matched in our boosting session. Got that tricky Hanzo Stormarrow trophy out of the way. All dps classes are done! I really do not like playing Hanzo, so huge relief.

Now all I have left is Rapid Discord and I love playing Zen. Let's see if I can get it legit. I get pretty close with 3 kills/assists very fast, but the fourth victim is never around in these situations xD 

Thanks again for your encouragement @Liioni and @Z-Yux!

Awesome. Congrats! Good luck on Rapid Discord!

I've had the same thing happen to me with Rapid Discord where I was ridiculously close to getting it. Just about keeping persistence.

Edited by Z-Yux
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Zenyatta Player msyelf and while I got mine without boosting there's three tips I have that can definitely make it easy especially if you team up.

1. Try to go for it on maps where there is a better chance of enemies being grouped together on point. Basically certain maps you will more likely have the entire enemy team on point, either due to the size of the point or the fact their played very much on the point the entire match.

Ilios- Ruins/Lighthouse

Nepal- Sanctum/Village

Hanamura- 1stPoint Defending Team/Second Point Attacking Team

Busan- Downtown/Mecha Base

Temple of Anubis- Both Points/Either Side

Paris- First Point/Either Side

2. Alot of people will recommend a Zarya teammate as they assume Graviton to pile up the enemies nice and neatly helps. In most games where a shielder is present it's actually detrimental instead. There's some units that can shield, others can absorb the hits and some can go intangible so the damage do any hit them. (Me using Genji as a main I quite frequently for example will willingly jump into the Graviton and use deflect to protect my teammates.)

If you want a pick to assist Zenyatta I suggest based on Ults Sombra first for an ally (her Ult to disable an enemy teams Ults is extremely clutch in making sure they lack their escape moves or have access to shields. Mei is second for her ability to freeze everyone and give easier pickings (again disabling skills if they are frozen) or finally an Orisa while she can't disable skills her Ult will increase the damage they take even more melting enemies with Zen's orb on she can also pull enemies trying to run back into your aim.

3. Play aggressively and on attack attack attack. This is probably a big thing some Zenyattas forgot. I imagine alot of people are trying to get this trophy by sitting back and not putting themselves in harm the way. This is completely wrong, Zenyatta has low health but he is such and amazing damage dealer as a support and the fact his healing orb can be tossed and forgot on a teammate opens him up easier then other supports to again attack attack attack.

Aim those headshots, practice your sniping with him and get good at learning to hit a moving target. You should also be rapidly hitting your discord button even if you already have it on an enemy keep hitting it. It's an incredible spamming skill and can be used over and over again very easily you'll still be doing damage but it will get you into the habit of hitting multiple enemies with it quickly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

snip

Thank you for taking the time to write all this but I got the plat/100%

But I will share this info with the other Overwatch players I talk with on Discord.

I will still play this game and your tips can help me be a better Zen because I actually enjoy playing him.

Thanks!

Edited by Bodyodorthegrave69