How is this plat hard?

Sebulba2000

Okay, so I did the multiplayer stuff with my friend and we were both on 2 PS3s, it was a joke, compared to Uncharted 3's DLC.

I've finished the story, I had 17hrs of play time and I messed up some missions pretty hard, why do people say speedrun trophy is really hard and forces you to skip cutscenes (I didn't)?

Now onto the optional stuff, I didn't really get to the pidgeons and stunt jumps, I'm hanging out with friends and doing other misc trophies, while they can't go out. I also do the winning at pool and bowling turkey type ones on like my first try. The pidgeons shouldn't be worse compared to Blast Shards in inFamous 1, as there were a lot more there, I did the stunt jumps in GTA V and it wasn't that bad, so it shouldn't be a problem either.

Now tell me, how is this any hard? Because this plat seems stupidly easy and even quick for me, I think I'll be done with the story mode in like 2 more days and today was my first day doing the optional stuff.

EDIT: Besides hanging out the friends, I also did quite a lot of side missions today, hence why I think I'm gonna be done quick

Edited by Sebulba2000
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Okay, so I did the multiplayer stuff with my friend and we were both on 2 PS3s, it was a joke, compared to Uncharted 3's DLC.

I've finished the story, I had 17hrs of play time and I messed up some missions pretty hard, why do people say speedrun trophy is really hard and forces you to skip cutscenes (I didn't)?

Now onto the optional stuff, I didn't really get to the pidgeons and stunt jumps, I'm hanging out with friends and doing other misc trophies, while they can't go out. I also do the winning at pool and bowling turkey type ones on like my first try. The pidgeons shouldn't be worse compared to Blast Shards in inFamous 1, as there were a lot more there, I did the stunt jumps in GTA V and it wasn't that bad, so it shouldn't be a problem either.

Now tell me, how is this any hard? Because this plat seems stupidly easy and even quick for me, I think I'll be done with the story mode in like 2 more days and today was my first day doing the optional stuff.

EDIT: Besides hanging out the friends, I also did quite a lot of side missions today, hence why I think I'm gonna be done quick

If you’ve done the online, you basically have it in the bag, after some decently long grinding of course :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hvalpen said:

Nobody ever said the offline part was hard. The only hard trophy is the hangman noose and bomb the base etc online trophies. And AWP is an annoying glitchy grind.

^This. AWP glitched on me (& I knew I did everything). I was forced to do everything FOUR (4) times, until I finally got It.

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Parker said:

Not everyone has 2 PS3s and a friend that also has 2 PS3s. I suspect the plat would be substantially harder if you only had access to one PS3 and had to do the online trophies in a more traditional manner.

Parker

Following that logic, every online game is incredibly hard

4 hours ago, Hvalpen said:

Nobody ever said the offline part was hard. The only hard trophy is the hangman noose and bomb the base etc online trophies. And AWP is an annoying glitchy grind.

I see a lot of people saying that actually. AWP won't glitch as long, as you're careful about a few aspects. The coop missions are not that bad, I did it in like 2 days and I'm a noob.

4 hours ago, DBTrophyGuy said:

If you’ve done the online, you basically have it in the bag, after some decently long grinding of course :)

:D

I always do the online stuff first, as potential server shutdown may happen

4 hours ago, kenseizenkai said:

^This. AWP glitched on me (& I knew I did everything). I was forced to do everything FOUR (4) times, until I finally got It.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

However, it shouldn't glitch if you're careful about people quiting and money raising. By these 2 factors, you can tell if the win registered or not.

3 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

GTA4 being an old game comes from the time where difficulty ratings were often based on time needed. Since way back level 10 grind took like 50 hours, people tend to rate it higher + of course the AWP fiasco.

If you check some older games like FEAR2, Riddick, Far Cry2 you will also notice difficulty ratings way too high for them.

That is exactly what I suspected. These early trophy games are very overrated in terms of platinum difficulty, while they are just time consuming.

5 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

No.

Yep.

Unless the game doesn't have 1-2 trophies, that just require you to login, etc like Saints Row or Ratchet and Clank All 4 One, it is very hard to do most of the online games without boosting and they are not even that high rated. For example, Terraria, this is pretty hard, not only grindy, but challenging without boosting, The Last of Us' DLC (3-0 kills), LittleBigPlanet games or Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (RIP)

The pigeons are way worse then the blast shards. Everytime you shoot a pigeon, you get a wanted level because of public shooting and thus it takes time to lose that again x 200. Also you need a map and cross them off one by one in order not to miss one and theyre so hidden and small that it takes time to look for them.

Shards you can just press R3 and see them on the ingame map. i collected those 350 shards faster then those 200 pigeons. Not hard just tedious and annoying

Now what made this plat hard for me was that i had to do the hardest online mission, deal breaker, with randoms cause i couldnt connect with friends, and most randoms like to mess up or have no idea what theyre supposed to do in that mission.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

the game is hard because were not all as cool and great as you are. seriously dont be that guy

the mp grind is annoying and long. if you add the dlc trophies your playing a long time for 100% missions over and over again for 1 trophy. also if your unlucky like me, i bought the game before playstation had trophies. i had 100%, trophies were added and it said "you cannot use your previous save" had to do every single thing over. which made me so mad i didnt finish it till years later. the few co op missions online where you need more then 2 players werent very easy. the one i recall that was hard was when we had to land on a building and all 4 of us had to split ways and stop the people from escaping. one guy cleared the building, one guy stopped the boat and 2 of us stopped the cars going opposite direction. and then one of us in the helicopter came and picked us up that chased the 2 cars and flew us back. that took us about 17 tries and was extremely difficult imo.

also im looking at your trophy list and you havent even begun most of the sp grind. it might not be hard, but it is very time consuming. you still need all the pigeons, stunt jumps, all 20 online races, the exotic cars, the police computer missions, friends above 90%, and meeting the random characters. plus the dlc. you still have a long way to go my friend. come back once you hit 100% in about a month

I'm not any good at this game. Actually it is my first time playing it. I didn't have much issue with Deal Breaker, 1/2 ppl need to grenade themselfes when more than 2 players, so there will be only 1 spawn. Not that bad, NOOSE is quick and BDB can be glitched. Not nearly as bad as Overseer in Uncharted 3. I've done way worse online crap.

2 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

The pigeons are way worse then the blast shards. Everytime you shoot a pigeon, you get a wanted level because of public shooting and thus it takes time to lose that again x 200. Also you need a map and cross them off one by one in order not to miss one and theyre so hidden and small that it takes time to look for them.

Shards you can just press R3 and see them on the ingame map. i collected those 350 shards faster then those 200 pigeons. Not hard just tedious and annoying

Now what made this plat hard for me was that i had to do the hardest online mission, deal breaker, with randoms cause i couldnt connect with friends, and most randoms like to mess up or have no idea what theyre supposed to do in that mission.

Everything is hard with randoms. EVERYTHING.

At that point you can use cheats to lose police.

3 hours ago, Sikutai said:

Do you want a Cookie?

Sure :P

@OP 

I wonder what you will say about TBOGT dlc where you need to 100% every mission lol. 

There was one (cannot remember the name) where you have to stick close to two sports cars while navigating through extremely narrow docks & avoiding the police and all these tiny little barrels that will more than once make you want to throw the controller against the wall. Oh and dont forget about the water (easy to fall into it resulting in mission failure).

If that does not sound hard enough: Even if you did all of the above perfectly, the game sometimes does not register the „close behind“ thing properly, so good luck on that one.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sebulba2000 said:

Following that logic, every online game is incredibly hard

Difficulty is a matter of opinion obviously. You might call yourself a noob, but fact is that one(or two) of the Co-op online missions is stupidly hard for most people, especially when u need to rely on your teammates too. I consider myself fairly skilled at video games(a look at my profile should show some decently hard games here and there) and i also never had any problems with any of the GTA games offline. However, i had ZERO chance of doing the co-op missions in GTA IV until a guy who is literally dedicated to boosting people through those specifik missions helped me. N++ was easier to plat for me than these stupid online co-op missions. Its a matter of opinion.

• Like 3

Back in the day (when I got the platinum) grinding rounds of Hangman's NOOSE to get to level 10 for the Wanted trophy took about 100 hours of playing the same 5 minute mode over and over, what I gather now is that a lot of that can be reduced or outright skipped with exploits, glitches and bugs discovered since the Gamespy server shutdown and server migration to a different method.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, n1c0live said:

Hey dude, I get your point and couldn't agree more in some points. This platinum trophy just takes lots of time, even if you boost the multiplayer part of the game. But hey, you can't come here literally more than 10 years after release claiming that this thing is so easy when both of the known methods to get fast multiplayer XP took years to be discovered. There's also A LOT of work behind this trophy list that makes everything easier, not to mention LEGENDS like BamBam that know almost every single thing about this game and how it works. In year 2020 doing the stunt jumps is easier than ever, now you can just watch a video or do a checklist with pictures and never miss something out, same with the Flying rats that used to cause many problems to people that didn't registered their finds correctly. When this game came out all you had was printed game guides and few things on the internet. Also AWP can be incredibly glitchy, imaging boosting that trophy with a partner doing every single race twice to find out that you are still missing something and you don't know what it is. Please have some common sense and consider that this is one of those games that takes a lot of dedication and patience, there's no trophy on single player that requires beyond human capabilities or a complete life of grind. Finally, your post seems like a bad joke when you mention that you and your friend have 2 systems to boost on. LOL, that makes the "difficulty" of this game drop a lot, nowhere as near as the difficulty it had in the early years. As a side note, I remember playing this game when I was around 14 yrs old and not caring about trophies, mainly because "Wanted" looked like a decade of grinding multiplayer games, and I wasn't ready to go for collectables like I am today. You gotta be mature to play this game, enjoy it and of course go for that 100%.

Cheers mate and good luck posting edgy things on 10 year old games :)

Yeah, but that doesn't make the game hard, just because someone found an easier way. It was there all along, everything without a good strategy is hard. Besides, the coop missions, it was only time consuming (in the case of Wanted and AWP), not hard. Damn it guys, this is NOT 10/10, I did harder things in 4/10 or 5/10 rated games.

15 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

@OP 

I wonder what you will say about TBOGT dlc where you need to 100% every mission lol. 

There was one (cannot remember the name) where you have to stick close to two sports cars while navigating through extremely narrow docks & avoiding the police and all these tiny little barrels that will more than once make you want to throw the controller against the wall. Oh and dont forget about the water (easy to fall into it resulting in mission failure).

If that does not sound hard enough: Even if you did all of the above perfectly, the game sometimes does not register the „close behind“ thing properly, so good luck on that one.

Looking forward to get some challenge finally. However keep in mind I was talking about the platinum trophy only in this topic about being easy, as I mentioned, I haven't played the DLC yet.

I heard about this mission 100%ing and honestly I'm not worried anymore, when my friend told me you can replay missions multiple times, doing on objective at a time. Nothing can be worse than Zen Pinball (which I nearly 100%ed), that's a thing I keep repeating myself :D

10 hours ago, Hvalpen said:

Difficulty is a matter of opinion obviously. You might call yourself a noob, but fact is that one(or two) of the Co-op online missions is stupidly hard for most people, especially when u need to rely on your teammates too. I consider myself fairly skilled at video games(a look at my profile should show some decently hard games here and there) and i also never had any problems with any of the GTA games offline. However, i had ZERO chance of doing the co-op missions in GTA IV until a guy who is literally dedicated to boosting people through those specifik missions helped me. N++ was easier to plat for me than these stupid online co-op missions. Its a matter of opinion.

Yeah, they were tough, but not 10/10 tough with all the methods available in 2020

9 hours ago, MrMaximusHTO said:

Did you do fly the coop just you and your mate ? Or did you get help ? 

We got help, the 3rd person grenaded himself before the spawn in Deal Breaker, we did NOOSE and BDB2 by ourselfes though

2 hours ago, Kapika96 said:

It isn't hard. It's just very time consuming.

EXACTLY

1 hour ago, Martain2 said:

Back in the day (when I got the platinum) grinding rounds of Hangman's NOOSE to get to level 10 for the Wanted trophy took about 100 hours of playing the same 5 minute mode over and over, what I gather now is that a lot of that can be reduced or outright skipped with exploits, glitches and bugs discovered since the Gamespy server shutdown and server migration to a different method.

Yes, now there is an idle glitch for Wanted and a glitch for BDB2. The other two missions just have better strategies now