Which series should I finish next?

Bawzton

So I decided that this year I'm going to finish up game series instead of playing random games so that way I'm working towards some sort of goal.

I'm just about done with the Borderlands series(just have to finish up TPS on Ps3 and Ps4 then finish up a bit of BL3 for the Plat and 100%) and am thinking about which series to start next.

Here are a few I'd like to work on since I either started them, there is a new game coming out soon or I just have the whole series purchased and just have to start them:

Bioshock: Not sure how accessible the MP for BS2 is on the PS3 so I'm a bit iffy about starting that one just yet.

Darksiders: Probably one of my fav franchises. I completed 1 on Ps3 on a different account but would like to have it completed on this account, esp with Genesis coming out soon.

Final Fantasy: I have 7, 8, 9 done, but am really dreading the rest of the games in the series, esp Chocobo's Mystery dungeon and the 13 games. But with 7 remake and Crystal Chronicles coming out shortly it would be really nice to have them all done.

Ratchet and Clank: I really enjoyed the remake of the first game, but I had a hard time enjoying the older titles.

Dragon Quest: I love this franchise, but Heroes 2 and Builders 2 are turning me off a bit from finishing these off.

Any other series suggestions would be great:)

I will only recommend series that I personally finished(or completed a large part of), sorry if they aren't your taste by any chance :P 

I see you have Vita too, go for God of War. Awesome series and the weakest game (Ascension) is a very decent game, so you can't really go wrong with it.

If you prefer a decent challenge, go for Dark Souls too. They can all be achieved offline too so there's no online constraint apart from co-op.

If Action is your thing, go for Devil May Cry. Sure, 1 is abit old and 2 is utter trash but the rest are quite decent and fun (and challenging).

Out of that list I'd say Darksiders as it's the only one you didn't write anything negative about.

It depends what games you like as there's so many series out there. I've enjoyed Devil May Cry and Batman and waiting on Resident Evil 3 before I start work on the Resident Evil franchise.

have you considered Drakengard/Nier in canon order? Drakengard 3 (PS3) -> Drakengard (PS2)-> NIER (PS3)-> NieR Automata (PS4).

Only problem (as a fan) I have with this series

- need 3 gens of consoles

- series has a lot of side stories that need to be understand for it all to make sense. Get over that, it's a thrill! 

10 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

God of War, Infamous or Kingdom Hearts I think

Infamous is actually a pretty easy series to finish. 20 to 30 hours per game besides First Light and Festival of Blood.

I didn't think about Infamous, i think i have all those sitting around too. I think I only had a little bit left of KH1, but I just didn't enjoy the game as much as i was hoping I would. GoW was another one I was considering, I'd just have to get Accension.

I don't know if you want to plat series on Ps3 AND Ps4, but if that's the case, Darksiders 2 plat on Ps3 is unobtainable since 2016.

To answer your question, Ratchet & Clank series is pretty fast. All4One requires an online pass

Final Fantasy series is the longest. Final Fantasy 14 is ONLY online

10 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

Out of that list I'd say Darksiders as it's the only one you didn't write anything negative about.

It depends what games you like as there's so many series out there. I've enjoyed Devil May Cry and Batman and waiting on Resident Evil 3 before I start work on the Resident Evil franchise.

Yea, I was originally planning on doing Borderlands, Darksiders, then Final Fantasy at first, but the more I thought about it the more I saw I had started games from other series that I could clean up before I started Darksiders since i dont have any of those started yet. 

My wife got me RE2 remake for xmas and really want to play that, but I know im going to want to finish the others if i start that one.

1 minute ago, X_Wizi_X said:

I don't know if you want to plat series on Ps3 AND Ps4, but if that's the case, Darksiders 2 plat on Ps3 is unobtainable since 2016.

To answer your question, Ratchet & Clank series is pretty fast. All4One requires an online pass

Final Fantasy series is the longest. Final Fantasy 14 is ONLY online

Damn thats a bummer. Didn't even think to look at the ps3 versions of the games. :( 

I was thinking of skipping 14, although i would enjoy playing an MMO that isnt WoW or DCUO.

4 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

I only saw the title of this thread and the first thing that came to mind was "Darksiders" before I even clicked the link.

So, yeah... Darksiders all the way, baby!

I love Darksiders, just not being able to get the Darksiders 2 plat on PS3 is a kick in the nuts. Might have to suck it up and just not have the PS3 version done.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bawzton said:

Damn thats a bummer. Didn't even think to look at the ps3 versions of the games. :( 

I was thinking of skipping 14, although i would enjoy playing an MMO that isnt WoW or DCUO.

I love Darksiders, just not being able to get the Darksiders 2 plat on PS3 is a kick in the nuts. Might have to suck it up and just not have the PS3 version done.

Same for me mate...

Oh and Final Fantasy 15 Comrades Dlc, since December 2018, requires tricky stuff to do for 100%. Look at this topic