Can trophies be earned in private matches?

mikem192

I’ve heard the rumour (i have the plat so I don’t need it and I haven’t got the game anymore) but has anybody done this? 
apparently you can set up a private match with 4 people and get all multiplayer trophies that way 

Was just wondering if this is true out of interest 

1 hour ago, mikem192 said:

I’ve heard the rumour (i have the plat so I don’t need it and I haven’t got the game anymore) but has anybody done this? 
apparently you can set up a private match with 4 people and get all multiplayer trophies that way 

Was just wondering if this is true out of interest 

You can't set it to private (this disables trophies) but you can create a server with three friends and then just kick the random people out if they join your game.

We tried it this weekend and had a few rounds were no one joined.

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have a guide written on another site and got messaged saying to put it in... thought I’d double check before throwing in mis-information and was curious.

The person who messaged me said you can set a password and it would still work but that sounds like a private match to me

Edited by mikem192

13 hours ago, mikem192 said:

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have a guide written on another site and got messaged saying to put it in... thought I’d double check before throwing in mis-information and was curious.

The person who messaged me said you can set a password and it would still work but that sounds like a private match to me

Two people I played with said that a password disables the trophies and that‘s also what I read online. And it‘s really not necessary, we had no problem without a password on our server.

• Like 1