Education Nation

me_is_caveman

How am I supposed to have 15k college students at one time? I have a city of 192k people, almost out of room to build more, and still my colleges only maxed out at 13k students before dropping. I have 3 different colleges, one of each type, around the city. But even that isn't enough to reach 15k, so I don't know what will.

So I had trouble with this trophy with an existing city... started new and used this philosophy (with credit to CjMAN911 on trueachievements.com):

So after a lot of testing I think I've got a setup that always works!.

+Start your city with education boost always on (this increases the budget by 25% but trust me, it's worth it)

+Use a grid layout for your city and make sure to not mix building types. Keep your shops and industry separate from your housing (this comes into play later)

+Make sure to build 2/3 elementary schools for every high school as your city expands. DO NOT BUILD ANY UNIVERSITY BUILDINGS!

+Keep this format untill you reach 100k population, at least 30k eligible for university and you have 1.5 million currency saved

+ SAVE YOUR GAME HERE!

Now for the achievement!
+Pause the timer and remove ALL of your industry and shops (this is why the set-up is important). This will remove all job options for your residents

+Mark the entire city as university campus and place enough dorm buildings for 20k students around any populated areas.At the same time scatter other campus buildings around to increase your campus attractiveness.

+Finally turn on all campus policies.

Once all of this has been done. Unpause the timer and watch the number rise! If this doesn't work, load your save and build up more potential students.

If you have any questions please let me know before negative voting, good luck :)

It literally popped 15 seconds after I unpaused the timer with 100k population and 30k eligible for the university.

• Like 1

I had 40k eligible for university without building any. Now its down to 6k, without ever having 15k students at once.

I hate how I have to go this far out of my way for 1 trophy. I spent the past 3 weeks getting my city up to 190k with no universities, all for nothing.

Edited by me_is_caveman