What do you eat and drink during playing games?

ScaryAbel210

I can't imagine why you'd eat anything while gaming.

1) It distracts you too often to make any real progress in the game.

2) Most foods will need a tissue on hand to wipe your hands before touching the controller again because as deth said, who wants fucking grimy controllers.

3) If you're really hungry enough to eat a pizza, chicken, salad as mentioned in the OP then you can spare the time to stop playing and go eat it properly. "Most of gamers play games for all days and nights without taking a break or sleeping" is simply wrong on all accounts.

As for drinking there's only three drinks I'll have while playing a game:

1) Water. I usually always have a bottle of water nearby so I'll take a sup of that if I want it.

2) Tea. When playing slower paced games I might make a large (0.5L) cup of tea that is insanely hot so it will last a long time and drink it during slow moments and loading screens.

3) Alcohol. From time to time I'll drink a can of beer while playing or sometimes if I have enough to spare I'll have rum/lemonade. This is usually only for when playing a game that has little to nl narrative so it's mainly for online games such as Call of Duty. I kick ass when playing that drunk.

Brings me back to the days of playing Killzone 3 multi player online after having a few beers :yay:

• 1 month later...

I never eat while gaming. Last thing I want is fuckin' grimy controller. I usually eat before or after I start playing, but I do keep a drink while playing.

- water

- Coke, Pepsi Throwback or Mtn Dew

If it's game time, they are referred to NORITOS!  :angry: I hate slippery, slimy, grimy controllers. I feel like scrubbing my hands with steel wool then skinning them.

ESPECIALLY NOT DORITOS! 

I seriously hate anything getting on my controller so I really will only eat things that can be eaten with either a spoon or chopsticks.  

For drinks?  I used to drink beer...a lot...when gaming.  I usually still do, just not as much.  Sometimes Coke or Water mostly.  

Lots of crazy strong polish beer and pretty much any savoury snack.Grimy controller not a problem as I wipe my hands on my grimy slobbing out clothes. The beer can make me play erratically but on rare magical occasions it makes me play like a god.

Edited by tezgamer

Normally I don't EAT while playing games. Specially, if I'm aiming for trophies and how the Story unfolds.

But if we are talking about, like playing 'casual games'..Yes I do.

and that would be.: either of the below.:

Grape Soda - Constant

A bag of 'Raffles/Lay's' -Sour Cream and Onions- flavors only :yay:  

Fried peanuts in garlic / Green Peas / Hotdogs. 

Edited by xf22Razgriz

actually, there are 2. the original one found here : https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/4930-what-is-your-favorite-gaming-foods/ was created back in January.

Apparently no one is listening...

Had to be done  <_<

when do they ever. :shakefist: 

Edited by BDKSimba
  • Like 1

I don't normally eat while playing (usually, if I'm hungry I either exit the game or pause it while I do some other activity, like reading or watching TV), unless it's one of those games with long cutscenes, but whenever I eat something, it's usually not something greasy (certainly not snacks).  I prefer to go for sweets (maybe a piece of chocolate, which I can savor for a while without having to constantly take food to my mouth), or something I can eat with cutlery.

I don't understand this trope of showing gamers eating doritos, cheetos or chips while gaming.  Those are the exact kind of foods to avoid while playing games.

I drink water or tea. Soda is too sweet for my taste and get bad skin from it (at least I think it's one of the reasons for my bad skin some years back).

And I eat all kinds of stuff, really. Bread, pasta, snacks, desserts, fruit, vegetables...I only make sure to always have a tissue or something like that near me, so that my controller won't get greasy/dirty.

• Like 1