Slow motion and pausing question for timed trophies

Merco

Hi,

I'm working my way back through Unravel 2's speedrun trophies at the moment (only have At the Rapidest so far), and just wanted to get a definite answer on what you can do that will or won't affect the timer/void the trophy.

Just so that it's out there for myself and others who attempt the time trials, could someone please answer the following?

1. Does pausing during main levels (i.e not challenges) also pause the timer?
  2. Does using slow motion during main levels void you getting the timed trophy?
  3. Does using slow motion during the challenge run (Hard and Fast) void you getting the trophy?
  4. Does pausing during the challenge run/in lighthouse sections also pause the timer?

I appreciate that it would take a lot of legwork to manually check this, but I'll be happy with people's responses from experience!

According to Unravel 2 guide on pst.org activating slow-mo disactivates trophies.

And the guide on psnp says for the Hard and Fast Trophy that your loading screen and time spent in the lighthouse count too towards your time limit. Does pausing the game stops the timer? I don't know. Problem is the game only tells you what time is your current best for a level. So all you could do is set up a rather ok time like 18 min for mission 2, then restart, wait for 2 min, then complete the game in 15 min. If you see a new record at 15 min then the timer stopped. If it's at 17 min then it doesn't.

I never tried this myself. I just ran through each level and restarted right away when i made a mistake in mission 2 to 4. The later missions are easier, for mission 5 and 7 i only needed 1 try each. Very unlike mission 2 for which i needed 50 tries ( 15 hours just for that one).

Edited by Evil_Joker88

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 8:15 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

According to Unravel 2 guide on pst.org activating slow-mo disactivates trophies.

And the guide on psnp says for the Hard and Fast Trophy that your loading screen and time spent in the lighthouse count too towards your time limit. Does pausing the game stops the timer? I don't know. Problem is the game only tells you what time is your current best for a level. So all you could do is set up a rather ok time like 18 min for mission 2, then restart, wait for 2 min, then complete the game in 15 min. If you see a new record at 15 min then the timer stopped. If it's at 17 min then it doesn't.

I never tried this myself. I just ran through each level and restarted right away when i made a mistake in mission 2 to 4. The later missions are easier, for mission 5 and 7 i only needed 1 try each. Very unlike mission 2 for which i needed 50 tries ( 15 hours just for that one).

Sorry for the slow reply - thanks for the above info.

After a bit more digging it seems that the only time trial you can safely use slow-mo on is Hard and Fast, as it's not 'officially' setting a time compared to the main levels which record your stats at the end. I've done Nightfishing as well now, going for Little Frogs next. Understandably, I'll leave Hideaway for last!