Can you cheat the system by starting Death March on one of the new games where you start as a higher level?

PLATnumb--

I picked witcher up day 1 and did all trophies except death march and gwent stuff.  I put it in my backlog and now I'm about to jump back in.  When I stopped, however, there was no NG+ as it was added later in its life.  I don't have my saves anymore and I remember one of the DLC saying you could start at level 15? 30?  I was wondering if I could do that and then just do the entire quest or if it needs to be done from lvl 1.  

20 hours ago, PLATnumb-- said:

I picked witcher up day 1 and did all trophies except death march and gwent stuff.  I put it in my backlog and now I'm about to jump back in.  When I stopped, however, there was no NG+ as it was added later in its life.  I don't have my saves anymore and I remember one of the DLC saying you could start at level 15? 30?  I was wondering if I could do that and then just do the entire quest or if it needs to be done from lvl 1.  

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, the DLC can start you off from a high level, but it's ONLY for the DLC - no main game. However, if you beat the game and want to do NG+, that is something you can do on Death March.

Edited by Pirelli913

As mentioned above the “ready made” character is only for the dlc. After doing all 3 stacks I’ve found the total completion time to be fastest doing an easy play through to get all the trophies then a NG+ speed run just for death march. In your situation it makes most sense to just do a single DM play through as that’s all you need. It shouldn’t take you too long though. You will only need to do a few side quests to boost your level as you go. Grab the places of power to give you some extra ability points early on. Make good use of the oils, bombs and signs as they make a big difference on DM. Worst case, even if you die a lot, it should only take you 25hrs to wrap up the story

13 hours ago, spacey_dweeb said:

I didn't think Death March was too bad. It's hardest at the beginning, but just keep the shield sign, Quen, active. If you get hit, roll away and within a few seconds you can activate the shield again. 

so I ended up started DM after I posted it and am around 10 hours in and you 

6 hours ago, zeit86geist said:

DM is easy enough. Hell, i even would say with the right perks its broken...

ohhhh could you elaborate?  Or is that something I should search for on my own

13 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

As mentioned above the “ready made” character is only for the dlc. After doing all 3 stacks I’ve found the total completion time to be fastest doing an easy play through to get all the trophies then a NG+ speed run just for death march. In your situation it makes most sense to just do a single DM play through as that’s all you need. It shouldn’t take you too long though. You will only need to do a few side quests to boost your level as you go. Grab the places of power to give you some extra ability points early on. Make good use of the oils, bombs and signs as they make a big difference on DM. Worst case, even if you die a lot, it should only take you 25hrs to wrap up the story

thanks man.  Yeah, sadly I also put all the gwent trophies on my death march playthrough as well, so while I only need gwent/difficulty trophies I still have to go out of my way to find all the cards which kind of sucks but I guess that will help me level up as well.  Thanks guys for the help

7 hours ago, PLATnumb-- said:

ohhhh could you elaborate?  Or is that something I should search for on my own

Whirl and Rend (Fast and Strong tier 3 abilities in Combat) are OP as heck. Max out both. You'll need 30 ability points total, meaning you'll be around level 20 (give or take if you find all places of power up to that point) but once both are maxed, you're welcome. I was Share Playing with a friend once and he was telling me that I was cheesing the enemy because of how OP those two abilities are.