Resident Evil 8 won't be coming for a while.

Rias Gremory

2 hours ago, StewartBros said:

Good.  Means Capcom can make a new Onimusha game first. :P

19 minutes ago, savageamusement said:

If only, or at least remaster the rest of the originals

Yes please!!! I really need a new Onimusha game. Hell, remaster the rest of them while they’re at it lol. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There also won't be any Resident Evil remakes out in the next few years after RE3. There is a couple other Capcom games being rebooted in the same vein as RE2 & RE3 though in the RE Engine, which should be seen pretty soon. There is another Resident Evil game which will probably release next year, but it's not a remake nor RE8.

Revelations 3 maybe? If so I hope it has Billy Coen as the protagonist.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

mmmhhhhh i can wait i got nothing else to do tbh im mainly waiting for the following games > Ghost of Tsushima,Watch dogs Legion,Animal crossing new horizons,the last of us 2,CyberPunk 2077 

I think thats about it but im open to new stuff ♡

On 29/02/2020 at 7:04 AM, ziggypossum said:

Take it with a grain of salt, of course.

> Leaker deletes his account immediately after posting

> Leak looks more like a wishlist than an actual leak

> Literally a dozen AAA-quality games greenlit at once as if that's how it works in game development

> Remakes of REmake, 0, 4 (REALLY?)

People on Reddit: SURE, SEEMS LEGIT 10/10 I BELIEVE YOU!!!!!!!!

tl1UqfS.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Resident Evil 8 was Resident Evil Revelations 3, will have Hallucinations, Occultism & 3 “stalkers”

Industry insider, Dusk Golem, has shared/leaked some new details about the next part in the Resident Evil franchise. According to Dusk Golem, Resident Evil 8 was originally meant to be Resident Evil Revelations 3. However, and since the “real” Resident Evil 8 game is a few years away, Capcom has decided to re-title Revelations 3 to Resident Evil 8.

What’s really interesting here is that Resident Evil 8 will release in 2021. Not only that, but Dusk Golem believes that Capcom will reveal this new RE game in the next few months. The original plan was to reveal Resident Evil 8 at E3 2020. However, and since this event is not happening, he doesn’t know exactly when the announcement will be made.

Resident Evil 8 will be cross-gen, meaning that it will hit both current-gen and next-gen platforms. It will feature a first-person perspective and most of the themes from the previous leaks will be present. However, and as Capcom continues working on it, some elements may change. You can find the previous Resident Evil 8 leaks here and here.

Furthermore, the game will have more supernatural themes than sci-fi elements. For instance, players can expect hallucinations, occultism, insanity and not being able to trust other people.

Dusk Golem has also shared some additional gameplay details on the Resetera forum. According to him, the game will have three “stalkers”. The first stalker was present in the Ambassador demo people played in February 2020. That stalker was a Witch that laughs a lot and dissipates into a swarm of insects when you shoot at her.

“She’s kinda’ different than the normal RE stalker types (as are the other two), she is more of a trickster and likes to mess with you.”

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/resident-evil-8-was-resident-evil-revelations-3-will-have-hallucinations-occultism-3-stalkers/

With the mention of hallucinations and occultism, I'm put into the mind of Eternal Darkness which had similar themes.  If they're taking a page out of that game's book then I'm seriously looking forward to it because Eternal Darkness is probably the best survival horror game I've ever played

Edited by majob

• 3 weeks later...