Difficulty & time to plat?

Casciaro1997

On 24.1.2020 at 2:28 PM, Casciaro1997 said:

Enjoyable? Just wondering how long and tough it is to beat

Compared to the first DIRT Rally Game its a walk in the park. The Quattro-Trophy isn't that hard neither because the DeltaEvents also count. 

4/10 I would say – definitely not above 5/10

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, shlomaniac said:

This will be a PS PLUS game in april , most people say 5/10 but i never fount how long it'll take (probably 50 hours) , time doesn't matter because I'm in quarantine.

50 hours is about right, I can even be lower. However, there is some trophies that are date specific, you need to complete 3 weekly events, that will take at least 9 days to complete if you don't buy DLC, buying all the Group A (90's WRC cars) and B (80's WRC cars) vehicles is a little luck dependent because the older cars are rotated in a used dealership, and the hardest trophy in the game, Fire Up That Car... Again, can take a while because first you need to find it in a dealership, wait for a Daily Community Challenge with Group B cars to appear and finally score a time into the top 10% players who tried it in that day. If you fail, you will need to wait a little while. 

In relation to the difficulty, you can set it to lvl 1 and it's a cake walk, you only need to not screw up breaking your headlight in night stages and you should win every event you enter, however the trophy that I mentioned above can be the deal breaker in this plat and there is no easy way to cheese it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ElBolovo said:

50 hours is about right, I can even be lower. However, there is some trophies that are date specific, you need to complete 3 weekly events, that will take at least 9 days to complete if you don't buy DLC, buying all the Group A (90's WRC cars) and B (80's WRC cars) vehicles is a little luck dependent because the older cars are rotated in a used dealership, and the hardest trophy in the game, Fire Up That Car... Again, can take a while because first you need to find it in a dealership, wait for a Daily Community Challenge with Group B cars to appear and finally score a time into the top 10% players who tried it in that day. If you fail, you will need to wait a little while. 

In relation to the difficulty, you can set it to lvl 1 and it's a cake walk, you only need to not screw up breaking your headlight in night stages and you should win every event you enter, however the trophy that I mentioned above can be the deal breaker in this plat and there is no easy way to cheese it. 

Well there is ? like I wrote earlier the DELTA Events also count for Fire Up That Car... Again. So you don't have to score a top 10% time – a top 50% time will totally do it. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Well there is 1f601.png like I wrote earlier the DELTA Events also count for Fire Up That Car... Again. So you don't have to score a top 10% time – a top 50% time will totally do it. 

I don't know if it changed after the game release (it sure changed since the first one), but the Delta Event also was 4 tiers now. It's easier than the common one because the DNFs put the delta time higher than it should be in the common challenge, but it's not so simple anymore. I know because I got mine doing in delta, and failed one time being in the top 11%.

3 hours ago, NerdoutGerry13 said:

Is there any multiplayer related trophies?

Only against a online leaderboard, no need to find other player to play with. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Top 50%? Are you sure?

Absolutely sure! DELTA Events definitely do count for this trophy and I'm also completely sure that DELTA Events only have two classes Tier 1 and Tier 2 (50%/50%). You can easily verify this by scrollen through the leaderboard of the next DELTA Event showing up. I'm not sure what @ElBolovo is exactly talking about… 

@Alondate31 I'm a huge DIRT Rally fan and I personally had hundreds of hours of great fun with both games. But make no mistake: the DIRT Rally Games are hardcore racing games and it will take some time getting used to the handling and the concept of rally in general. Once you are familiar with the basics there are only very few racing games this good (little bit like Dark Souls or any other skill-based video game). And don't worry about playing with a controller: playing with a controller works perfectly fine if you are not aiming for any world records. I heard a lot of people complaining about the difficulty or the game being unfair in general, especially among trophy hunters. Only for the trophies there are definitely many many games I'd rather play for solely this purpose. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO

I'm assuming you are fine if you plated Dirt Rally 1, right? What makes me wonder is the trophy:

Group B Master
Win the Group B 4WD Masters Championship

In the first game, Masters in Rally Championship was literally hell with controller and fortunately you could get pursue Masters Championship in Hillclimb or Rallycross, which was much easier than a Rally Championship. Did they make the game easier in general or does the difficutly setting you choose also apply to the championships?

40 minutes ago, Alex_R-13 said:

I'm assuming you are fine if you plated Dirt Rally 1, right? What makes me wonder is the trophy:

Group B Master
Win the Group B 4WD Masters Championship

In the first game, Masters in Rally Championship was literally hell with controller and fortunately you could get pursue Masters Championship in Hillclimb or Rallycross, which was much easier than a Rally Championship. Did they make the game easier in general or does the difficutly setting you choose also apply to the championships?

"4WD Masters" is actually just the name of that cup and does not refer to the master difficulty :D

To the general discussion: I started in January with Dirt Rally 1 and totally love the series and the whole sport by now.

While the Platinum in Dirt Rally 2.0 isn't particularly hard in any way, the game itself is and features an endless learning curve. Beginners can start on the easier difficulties and slowly learn the characteristics of rallying. Once you're into the game, the real fun starts. The pure joy of pushing hard on the limit in this game is unmatched. I'm starting to enjoy this on a level like the Trials series or Trackmania where you constantly push yourself to become better. It is a great experience for those willing to put in some dedication and sweat.

If you're just looking for a solid racing platinum, you should try the game too, cause it's way more entertaining than most 0815 racing games these days.

• Like 2

In terms of difficulty I’d say base game and dlc seasons 1-3 (2-3/10) only put a 3 there because of the Quattro daily but it isn’t that hard at all

season 4 (7-10) the 39’ second lap time is tougher than you may think unless your a god at Rallycross, and winning against ultimate AI would be very hard if not for the rain

Colin McRae dlc (10/10) this dlc is nuts, you’ll be maximum attack on EVERY event, and meeting the requirements for the objectives are not kind in regards to mistakes, to get all of these done on very hard is going to take time, dedication, patience and a lot of skill, I’m only half way through the 2nd set of events and it’s not getting any easier lol

so if you plan to 100% this game, make sure you are very good at it, good luck to all

Besides the difficulty spike for the trophies in the last 2 dlc, this game is a MUST have for any Rally fan or racing enthusiast, it’s not only the best Rally game ever made, I’d wager the best racer in general, or at least top 3 ever made, it’s fun, challenging, addictive, immersive as hell, its pure to its core

Edited by Shmeefly
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

In terms of difficulty I’d say base game and dlc seasons 1-3 (2-3/10) only put a 3 there because of the Quattro daily but it isn’t that hard at all

season 4 (7-10) the 39’ second lap time is tougher than you may think unless your a god at Rallycross, and winning against ultimate AI would be very hard if not for the rain

Colin McRae dlc (10/10) this dlc is nuts, you’ll be maximum attack on EVERY event, and meeting the requirements for the objectives are not kind in regards to mistakes, to get all of these done on very hard is going to take time, dedication, patience and a lot of skill, I’m only half way through the 2nd set of events and it’s not getting any easier lol

so if you plan to 100% this game, make sure you are very good at it, good luck to all

Besides the difficulty spike for the trophies in the last 2 dlc, this game is a MUST have for any Rally fan or racing enthusiast, it’s not only the best Rally game ever made, I’d wager the best racer in general, or at least top 3 ever made, it’s fun, challenging, addictive, immersive as hell, its pure to its core

I don’t think I have played a sim racing game but I look forward to trying this one.  The reviews are good and it looks fun as long as it isn’t too over the top sim (need to be perfect in your maneuvers), it does not sound like it is for plat and most of the DLC, thanks.

On 26/03/2020 at 7:58 PM, OBSTINATIO said:

Absolutely sure! DELTA Events definitely do count for this trophy and I'm also completely sure that DELTA Events only have two classes Tier 1 and Tier 2 (50%/50%). You can easily verify this by scrollen through the leaderboard of the next DELTA Event showing up. I'm not sure what @ElBolovo is exactly talking about… 

@Alondate31 I'm a huge DIRT Rally fan and I personally had hundreds of hours of great fun with both games. But make no mistake: the DIRT Rally Games are hardcore racing games and it will take some time getting used to the handling and the concept of rally in general. Once you are familiar with the basics there are only very few racing games this good (little bit like Dark Souls or any other skill-based video game). And don't worry about playing with a controller: playing with a controller works perfectly fine if you are not aiming for any world records. I heard a lot of people complaining about the difficulty or the game being unfair in general, especially among trophy hunters. Only for the trophies there are definitely many many games I'd rather play for solely this purpose. 

Well, that's awesome to know, thanks for that :)