Difficulty & time to plat?

Casciaro1997

On 2.4.2020 at 6:26 AM, Princejeffy said:

If I am being honest I am very afraid of bugginess and online trophies

No reason for you to be afraid :D As far as I know at this point in time there are zero bugged trophies in the main game and the online trophies only require competing against the leaderboard-times – no big deal at all. Only "bugged" trophy is the one for buying all Groupe B cars but it only gives people problems who own the Deluxe-Edition because you get some of the cars for free and this is messing up the in game count it seems.  

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dasnake10 said:

It is a little bit later than I intended, but the guide has been completed, proof-read by my friend and is now in the queue for review by the Psnprofile admins. Hopefully it is cleared to be public before DiRT becomes free so that you all can read through it beforehand. 

Nice, thank you ?

• Like 2

On 26/03/2020 at 5:19 PM, Shmeefly said:

Colin McRae dlc (10/10) this dlc is nuts, you’ll be maximum attack on EVERY event, and meeting the requirements for the objectives are not kind in regards to mistakes, to get all of these done on very hard is going to take time, dedication, patience and a lot of skill, I’m only half way through the 2nd set of events and it’s not getting any easier lol

so if you plan to 100% this game, make sure you are very good at it, good luck to all

Ahh that sucks. I struggled on the 100% with easy racing games like Driveclub, Bikes and all the DLC, this game probably isn't for me.

13 minutes ago, Kamurotetsu said:

Ahh that sucks. I struggled on the 100% with easy racing games like Driveclub, Bikes and all the DLC, this game probably isn't for me.

Here is a guide on how you can get 5 dirt rally 2.0 trophies in under 10 mins

most of the trophies are easy to get via custom championships so if not a platinum you can certainly add a few trophies to your profile 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ying-KARINA said:

2-3/10 is so bullshit...

i think the dr1 is among 8-9

and this one at least has a 5

Gonna stop you right there bud.

I have written a 4/10 for the guide to accommodate for newer players who will feel that it is a 5-6/10, as well as sim veterans who will find it a 2/10.

In comparison to dr1:

- You do not have to grind 1 million credits in custom championships specifically.

- You do not have to win career championships with 5 different classes of cars, nor do you have to win at masters difficulty

- Instead of 5+ daily challenge related trophies with multiple requiring the top tier of leaderboard placement, you have 3 total with 1 top tier trophy.

- Unlike DR1 where you had to do most trophies in career, All other trophies relating to [win this, complete so and so events in this condition] can all be done at 1% difficulty in custom events where all cars and locations are available to you for free. This includes the rally through history mode and the rallycross championship mode.

-You don't have the abomination of a trophy known as Spirit of the Rally to worry about.

I have not gotten around to DLC myself but that may be on the cards now, so the difficulty may be higher in those areas, however the base game is significantly easier than number 1. Once you get around the learning curve of this game, and the physics system it is quite a breeze and no where near a grind.

Edited by Dasnake10
wrote the same word twice
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dasnake10 said:

Gonna stop you right there bud.

I have written a 4/10 for the guide to accommodate for newer players who will feel that it is a 5-6/10, as well as sim veterans who will find it a 2/10.

In comparison to dr1:

- You do not have to grind 1 million credits in custom championships specifically.

- You do not have to win career championships with 5 different classes of cars, nor do you have to win at masters difficulty

- Instead of 5+ daily challenge related trophies with multiple requiring the top tier of leaderboard placement, you have 3 total with 1 top tier trophy.

- Unlike DR1 where you had to do most trophies in career, All other trophies relating to [win this, complete so and so events in this condition] can all be done at 1% difficulty in custom events where all cars and locations are available to you for free. This includes the rally through history mode and the rallycross championship mode.

-You don't have the abomination of a trophy known as Spirit of the Rally to worry about.

I have not gotten around to DLC myself but that may be on the cards now, so the difficulty may be higher in those areas, however the base game is significantly easier than number 1. Once you get around the learning curve of this game, and the physics system it is quite a breeze and no where near a grind.

hey bro. i guess u r correct and am really looking forward to read ur guide for details.

well dr1 is somewhat brutal to me even on lowest difficulty (open iirc). i remember struggled and had to abused s/l till the ai failing to win specific championships.

so what about is the 1% difficulty in dr2?

however in some genres when it comes to trophy difficulty, veterans opinion are usually poisonous and misleading. eg, fightings , rhythm music and also sim racing ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ying-KARINA said:

so what about is the 1% difficulty in dr2?

however in some genres when it comes to trophy difficulty, veterans opinion are usually poisonous and misleading. eg, fightings , rhythm music and also sim racing 1f637.png

Dirt Rally 2.0 has an AI slider identical to the likes of the new GRiD reboot and the F1 games where you can adjust the difficulty between 1% (very easy) difficulty, and 100-110% (very hard) difficulty. This difficulty is changeable for every AI mode in the game except career (Custom events/championships, rally through History, FIA World Rallycross and the new Scenarios mode in the Flat Out DLC), and none of the trophies in the game are voided if you turn the difficulty down to 1%. The only trophies not affected by this is "complete 10 time trial events", and the Career mode trophies relating to Daily/Weekly/AI Challenges and Buying cars.

I can understand if most people stray away from this game because of the first entry as it was a tough game to get around, and a lot of hours to sink into trophies (I managed all of them except spirit of the rally, but even still that is after over 2 and half years of work). It probably doesn't help I know roughly what I'm doing after playing these games for years, but I have tried to assume that the player reading the guide is new to the genre in general because of how PS Plus introduces a lot of people to new things, and have tried to make it as close to not being a daunting game as possible. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dasnake10 said:

Dirt Rally 2.0 has an AI slider identical to the likes of the new GRiD reboot and the F1 games where you can adjust the difficulty between 1% (very easy) difficulty, and 100-110% (very hard) difficulty. This difficulty is changeable for every AI mode in the game except career (Custom events/championships, rally through History, FIA World Rallycross and the new Scenarios mode in the Flat Out DLC), and none of the trophies in the game are voided if you turn the difficulty down to 1%. The only trophies not affected by this is "complete 10 time trial events", and the Career mode trophies relating to Daily/Weekly/AI Challenges and Buying cars.

I can understand if most people stray away from this game because of the first entry as it was a tough game to get around, and a lot of hours to sink into trophies (I managed all of them except spirit of the rally, but even still that is after over 2 and half years of work). It probably doesn't help I know roughly what I'm doing after playing these games for years, but I have tried to assume that the player reading the guide is new to the genre in general because of how PS Plus introduces a lot of people to new things, and have tried to make it as close to not being a daunting game as possible. 

Any idea when your guide will be live? Started playing last night and enjoying it a lot. I haven't really played rally games in years, and as a newcomer I'm pretty much playing on easiest difficulty, but even then the ai are not far behind.  I feel like I should be pushing harder when racing, but the slipiness of the cars and being too heavy on the brakes just causes me to wreck. I feel like I'm driving around at 70% throttle, 30% brake power. Maybe that is realistic to rally cars and you need to drive kind of cautious in these machines? But damn, if I was to go on very hard difficulty, I think I would literally be 10 minutes behind ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, agamer1 said:

Any idea when your guide will be live? Started playing last night and enjoying it a lot. I haven't really played rally games in years, and as a newcomer I'm pretty much playing on easiest difficulty, but even then the ai are not far behind.  I feel like I should be pushing harder when racing, but the slipiness of the cars and being too heavy on the brakes just causes me to wreck. I feel like I'm driving around at 70% throttle, 30% brake power. Maybe that is realistic to rally cars and you need to drive kind of cautious in these machines? But damn, if I was to go on very hard difficulty, I think I would literally be 10 minutes behind 1f602.png

I myself have no clue when it is going live at the moment, I can just see the little tag that says awaiting review and that's all sadly. I guess I will find out the same time that you all do at this stage unless I'm told otherwise.

For the slippiness of the cars, I recommend always being on soft tyres for the most grip, as you can change tyres at every repair station. The only time you shouldn't be on softs at all in the game is if you are at Spain in the Rain, as they allow you to run wet tyres there. The ABS assist will help with the being too heavy on the brakes as that should stop you from locking up.

3 hours ago, UltraFire121 said:

Hmm though i'm not a big fan on sport games but is it really that good and easy to platinum as what people would say?

I think it would mostly depend on you.

In my opinion, the difficulty of the game is higher than the difficulty of the trophies (If that makes sense), so once you get around the difficulty and the learning curve of the game and get use to how to drive through a stage and how each car handles slightly different from the next, you should be able to breeze through most if not all trophies due to the AI being able to be freely set for the majority of the trophies.

• Like 1

Only difficult trophy is Fire Up That Car... Again. And imo will be very difficult for most, unless you're a vet or have a wheel this is the plat decider. And as expected not many are playing it or interested in it even though it's on plus so getting in top tear will be even more difficult. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone and sorry for my ignorance about the game. Talk about Delta events. I have been playing for a week but I have never seen Delta events. Can you explain what Delta events are? thank you very much
Edited by flask1980
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 3:00 AM, flask1980 said:

Hi everyone and sorry for my ignorance about the game. Talk about Delta events. I have been playing for a week but I have never seen Delta events. Can you explain what Delta events are? thank you very much

Delta events are a community event where you are posted in a random class of car and a random stage much the same as a daily challenge. The main difference is that instead of the game placing you in one of four tiers like a normal daily, you are placed above or below the "Delta" time. This time is based on the average time taken to complete the stage out of every participant in the event. This event was more frequent in the first DiRT Rally as back then they were using the times to graph how each difficulty should be in the game and the top times on stages were often used by the master difficulty AI.

On 4/18/2020 at 1:05 AM, Thermopyle2 said:

The guide sure is taking a while to get approved.

The guide is approved now, i just had to spend a day fixing up some recommendations that the admins suggested.

• Like 1

Anyone else getting their arse kicked by the World Rallycross Championship? I’m fine at the rally events and even Rallycross in the my team section. But I just can’t stay on the track in World RX, even though I’ve played around with all the assists and everything.

12 hours ago, samuel_hsc said:

About the DLCs, is there any kind of online trophy? I know that the main game has some stuff related to the leaderboards. I don't want to buy the season pass right now, but I don't want to leave any online dependent trophy behind either.

Most of the DLC trophies can be done in Custom events with the exception of the scenarios related trophies in the FlatOut Pack, which must be done in the Colin Mcrae Scenario mode. The only MyTeam trophy you need is the Have a Break trophy where you just need to buy any of the F2 Kitcars.

6 hours ago, Waters_44 said:

Anyone else getting their arse kicked by the World Rallycross Championship? I’m fine at the rally events and even Rallycross in the my team section. But I just can’t stay on the track in World RX, even though I’ve played around with all the assists and everything.

My guess would be you've accidentally set a really high difficulty level. If you were to change it mid-event, the change won't take effect until you start another event within that mode, meaning you need to either retire and start over again or complete the event and it will be better at the next location. I would recommend just starting over if you're at the first location just in case the World RX Champion needs your 8 wins to be in one season.

• Like 1