PS4 Hard drive problem?

X_RaceKing_X

I am need of some help guys. Recently I have been having problems with my original PS4 with a seagate 2tb hard drive I installed years ago. Just now have I been having problems with games not loading properly, discs freezing, and my PS4 needing to be unplugged to be restarted. 

I am assuming my hard drive is having problems keeping up. But before I came to this conclusion I bought an entirely new PS4 and put my old 2tb hard drive in that, but I am having the same problem, one of my games froze and the PS4 needed to be restarted and now I get the same messages I've been getting before on my old PS4, "Cannot start the PS4, connect DS4 to...."  

So I don't need to buy another PS4, just another hard drive or SSD? One that I can rely on. I am currently looking at the Seagate FireCuda 2TB Solid State Hybrid Drive Performance SSHD – 2.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s as a replacement. Any suggestions on what I should get or is the one I'm looking at a good choice? 

Thanks

If you are experiencing the same problems with the old HD and a new PS4, I'd say definitely buy the Seagate FireCuda 2TB.  I purchased that one and it has been fantastic.  And I play heavy graphic games and it really needs to keep up with the action.

@X_RaceKing_X Quick question: how did the new PS4 run without the old HD?  Was it okay?  

Edited by PermaFox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PermaFox said:

If you are experiencing the same problems with the old HD and a new PS4, I'd say definitely buy the Seagate FireCuda 2TB.  I purchased that one and it has been fantastic.  And I play heavy graphic games and it really needs to keep up with the action.

@X_RaceKing_X Quick question: how did the new PS4 run without the old HD?  Was it okay?  

It has been running fine for a long time. It's just recently I've been downloading a lot of games onto to it and now it's giving me problems.

3 minutes ago, Redninja-222 said:

Im not very knowledgeable when it comes to this kind of thing but did you try rebuilding your database?

I don't get that option, every time my PS4 has been in safe mode the hard drive gets wiped because I can't start it without having to reinstall the system software. 

• 3 weeks later...