driveclub challenges

Terror-Eext

I played Driveclub (not VR) a few days ago but I'm guessing it's using the same servers. I had trouble with challenges/leaderboard loading in too. Once in a while they did load but it was rare. So they still work but like every other game with server closure it becomes worse and worse towards the end.

There was a problem with challenges about a month or so ago but they came back. Just keep trying and see if it recovers in a few days.

2 hours ago, jayboo1991 said:

I played around 50 challenges now and played them a couple of times, but it seems, that my scores doesn't count 99% .. just my bot account got sometimes in the list .. how did you guys got this done?

It definitely ntly seems to be possible, since someone unlocked the trophy today. 

But I honestly have no ideas how. The challenges are a complete mess. My scores also never register. 

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 1

Are you remembering to set the time limit to 1 hour, and play it before expiration on your alternative account?
I used different single events as challenges, like drifting, time event, race and so on. Just kept creating multiple challenges from my main account, played them, then sent them to my alternative account and made sure i completed the challenge and lost to my main account.

This is becoming insanely frustrating. 

We are two months away from the shutdown and it seems like the Plat is already impossible. I'm trying the whole evening again for several hours, but I can't get a bloody score in the Leaderboards. Sending a challenge isn't the problem, it has issues but it works like every fifth time. But the challenge neither has an original score from my main account, nor can my alt register any score in it. 

any tips on how to have this trophy?

i almost always have error connection to drive club server,

or zero time are recorded on the leaderboard, neither mine nor my 2nd account

and when it's written "server communication, please wait" how long time do you usually wait?

even I wait a few minutes each time nothing happen

and when there is this message "feature not available, try later", do you restart the game? restart internet connection? restart the ps4?

i have tried all, nothing works

already trying to have this trophy for 4 days, it's insane for something which is supposed to be so easy if there was not any bug...

• Like 1

I have the same issues with the server connection. I try to send challenges as many as i can to my 2nd account. Here is the first problem. After the first or second challenge i have to wait for the next error or i get a accept for my choice. Then i choose my 2nd account and beat the challenge. The leaderbords are never show any times so i hope it counts. Then i'm waiting for the end of the challenge and prey for a notification that i win the challenge and can earn fame. Then it will count but i never had this situation till yet. The last two days i tried it 100 times without success. If anybody has some more tips, pls let me/us now!?

In addition there is a thread on the official website from sony. Please let sony know that we have big issues at this time:

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/forums/account-and-network.topic.html/driveclub_challenges-h7mP/

Edited by FreestyleGamer96
  • Like 1

Ignore the Leaderboards. They are irrelevant. Don't waste your time on trying to get scores saved. The scores are all saved actually, but the game doesn't show them to you. 

The only way to unlock this trophy is by receiving an ingame notification about an expired challenge. Those will count for the trophy. I got the trophy this way and two other people as well. So I'm 100% sure that this is the only way to unlock it. 

Unfortunately, it is completely random, whether or not the game decides to sent you such a notification and it's also very rare. 

And it really must be one that actively pops up in the upper right corner of the screen and says "your challenge x has expired". You will also receive many notifications about challenges that will expire soon, but those are completely useless. 

• Like 1

I have received my first ingame notification about one challege won today (even if I won it 2 days ago..), so maybe the tricks is to just try 2 or 3 challenges every day, and after 1 week or 2 the trophy should pop.

Me it was thanks to the BHR race. So from now on I will only do this BHR race challenge.

So far my stats are around 20 challenges in 5 days, and only one of them has the correct ingame notification so far.

Oh and about the score never saved on leaderboard, I have exactly the same issue, zero score are saved at all in those challenges for 5 days, but today if I check my expired challenge I have at least one where the score appear for me and my 2nd account (it's from this one that I have received my ingame notifcation). So maybe drive club VR servers still works "correctly" but with a few days lag.

Edited by Sombroff
  • Like 1

Ok now, this is my 3rd day and I'm trying to send challenges to my alt. But I can't send them in a row it seems. Because lags comes in and prevents me from sending the second one. What I did is open the game, do a single player run. And create a challenge from the post-race screen. The first challenge is sent that way without an issue. Then to send the second challenge, I close the game and open it again. Do another run and repeat the process. As I'm typing this right now, 3 challenges are about to expire (which is useless) in a close time to each other. I don't get a pop-up notification of an expired one so what to do for it? Wait idle in the menu? Should I close the game and come back shortly after it expires? Apart from that, "about to expire" notifications turn into "expired" notifications from the side menu, so should I open them up when it happens?

23 minutes ago, Ozer928 said:

Ok now, this is my 3rd day and I'm trying to send challenges to my alt. But I can't send them in a row it seems. Because lags comes in and prevents me from sending the second one. What I did is open the game, do a single player run. And create a challenge from the post-race screen. The first challenge is sent that way without an issue. Then to send the second challenge, I close the game and open it again. Do another run and repeat the process. As I'm typing this right now, 3 challenges are about to expire (which is useless) in a close time to each other. I don't get a pop-up notification of an expired one so what to do for it? Wait idle in the menu? Should I close the game and come back shortly after it expires? Apart from that, "about to expire" notifications turn into "expired" notifications from the side menu, so should I open them up when it happens?

No, it's important, that the message box comes from alone with "Challenge expired" .. it's useless, if you click on it, when the challenge expires, since the server doesn't realize it, until this notification pops. It's totally random, how long it takes, that this message box shows up :) Just continue play the tour or check in the game sometimes and stay in there for like 10 minutes .. I got the trophy, when I returned from offline playing (since I have the crash problem mentioned in the other topic) and checked the challenges by going back online after some minutes ingame :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jayboo1991 said:

Just continue play the tour or check in the game sometimes and stay in there for like 10 minutes .. 

me when I got half of this trophy i was on the challenge menus, desperately waiting for the scores to appear on one of my challenge, then i went to eat, and when i came back after 30mn there was this beautiful message waiting for me "challenge expired, you won it" ?

so yes when the game says "error communication, please wait", they really mean it: waiting

• Like 1