DLC Trophy difficulty

steel6burgh

So whats up with this dlc?  Is it a grind?  Is it difficult or easy?  Is it something that is going to make you have to go back a year later and become a master at the game after all you had to do to get the platinum was mesh buttons?    I hope I can still just button mesh because i don't like the game enough to struggle.

I would rate the difficulty to be high, even when going at Lv. 99, the bosses can easily murder you if not well up in the game's system (knowing how to block/recover quickly is crucial for these fights), then after the 13 data fights, you are then having to defeat Yozora, who I just tried and not getting very far on at all.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

sounds miserable.  this is why i hate dlc a year later.  You have to go in to play a higher difficulty enemy having forgotten the entire combat system.  Might as well start from scratch.  anyway I guess it will be a pass for me I don't care enough about this particular 100% to be bothered with it. Good luck and thanks for the information.

There are trophies in the game that require you to go through New Game + so you could always do those first. I was the same though, went in not really knowing what I was doing, half way through the fights I was confident at the system again.

The hardest bosses in this to me were Xigbar, Master Xehanort, and Luxord (just mainly because I could never do the cards when they were spinning, so I was always going to take a hit on those). Everyone else was easily done within 1-5 tries.

33 minutes ago, DEMON said:

There are trophies in the game that require you to go through New Game + so you could always do those first. I was the same though, went in not really knowing what I was doing, half way through the fights I was confident at the system again.

The hardest bosses in this to me were Xigbar, Master Xehanort, and Luxord (just mainly because I could never do the cards when they were spinning, so I was always going to take a hit on those). Everyone else was easily done within 1-5 tries.

There are trophies that require NG+?

Just now, Sebulba2000 said:

The ones for Code merits, I don't know if a regular NG will count, haven't checked. But yeah, you do need to play through this again

Ugh. I am not looking forward to playing boring worlds like Frozen again. Do you have to play on Critical? Or can you play on Beginner?

22 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Wait. Why do you need a new game plus? What’s the merits? 

They are awarded for setting difficulty conditions on yourself like you cannot heal or your hp is constantly draining. I'm really not sure yet, but from what I have read you want to go into ng+ on beginner with all of them active and beat the game. Apparently there is some leeway on them, but the information is scarce atm. I'm waiting for more before going through it.

• Like 3

As far as I can tell, besides 1 playthrough of the dlc and 1 playthrough of the limit cut episode, you' ll have to do another 2 playthroughs of the main story (NG or NG+ and difficulty don't matter) for the EZ code merit and the Pro code merit.

The reason is that you can choose witch premium menu you can activate only in the initial Dive in the Heart, and you're lock in the choice you made.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

Any advice on the data scapes? They’re a lot harder 

You'll want to get your best meal that you can get with current ingredients, have access to a bunch of Elixirs to use (make sure to save about 7-8 of them for Yozora), a Kupo Coin on hand, turn off useless abilities like magnet/assist friends ones, equip accessories/gear that ups your attack/defence, have Ultima Weapon + Lv. 99 obtained. The rest of the advice is really learn the system the best you can, learn how to block, dodge and air recovers, exchange Curaga for Ariel link instead if it helps. These fights are pretty much what people asked for in the base game, they're a challenge, they're not going to be easy by any means.

19 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I’m really disappointed in this. I thought that it was going to be a lot more storyline oriented and show exactly what happened. I am not having fun redoing  the data scapes. Actually it makes me want to quit the game. Feel like I wasted money on this. 

There is storyline if you can beat the bosses and a very important Secret Episode which contains more though it's vague, it still gives you an idea what the original secret ending might have been about. But yes, I would personally not recommend buying this DLC if you aren't in it for the challenging bosses which makes for the majority of playtime most will see out of this $30 DLC. If you're buying it for the story, either wait for a sale or watch it off of YouTube.

35 minutes ago, sealightbreeze said:

I already bought it. I can’t get past ansem, xemnas, Luxord, terra- and ran out of elixirs a long time ago 

Do you have any available to purchase in the moogle store or craft? As you really need elixirs if you want to do this with errors included. If not, you might want to go back to the base game, earn munny and ingredients to make them.

Edited by DEMON

14 minutes ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

Can someone explain to me how to get the trophies the easiest ? 
I have my save from base game with all weapons and lvl 99 on normal difficulty. Can i access directly the codes and maybe get to lvl 99 again on easy in order to beat the 13 datas and the secret boss more easily ?

Yeah is this possible? I gave 196 hrs logged in game everything is lvl 99. I was on normal difficulty and they kicked my butt

Edited by sealightbreeze

24 minutes ago, joshlabrioche_ said:

Can someone explain to me how to get the trophies the easiest ? 
I have my save from base game with all weapons and lvl 99 on normal difficulty. Can i access directly the codes and maybe get to lvl 99 again on easy in order to beat the 13 datas and the secret boss more easily ?

The codes disable trophies, but you could do that for a quick run, but even on Beginner they are still hard, it also should probably be noted I only received the message of unlocking the codes once I was done with Yozora. I did them all on Standard difficulty.

Edited by DEMON

2 minutes ago, DEMON said:

The codes disable trophies, but you could do that for a quick run, but even on Beginner they are still hard, it also should probably be noted I only received the message of unlocking the codes once I was done with Yozora. I did them all on Standard difficulty.

I heard somewhere that the trophies still unlock though. So that’s not true?