Got the platinum today

kevomode

This was one of the hardest platinums I've gotten. Not that the trophies are particularly hard but because of the tedious grinding required and minefield of potential bugs that can screw you over. I thought the dreaded 190/191 thing had happened to me at one stage but I looted a non-scavenging location as part of a wasteland mission that counted towards it somehow. That itself may have been a flukey bug that counteracted the initial bug. Anyway, I was very lucky. 

Edited by kevomode
Changed my mind

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be starting this late this month.

I'm not sure if having multiple saves would actually prevent the glitches from happening but they're definitely a big help.

Sounds like Mad Max is a game where you need to back up your saves, and carefully track the challenges and the stats.

A real shame Avalanche Studios never patched this glitch.

I just finished the game recently. The only problems I ran into was lag/framerate drop and sound issues. I kept close track of the scavenging locations on multiple save files but everything counted as they should. If anybody thinks they hit the 190/191 glitch, first make sure to check the very first territory (where you meet Chum) for a scavenging location that doesn't get revealed on the map by the camps. I thought it was an enjoyable plat but you constantly have to keep an eye on the challenges and be aware of when to do them.

• Like 4

My advice to anybody starting is to get the challenge 'Stick it to Ya' out of the way when you can. It seems to be random whether enemies will die by the spikes on your Magnum Opus or they will just hang on and get thrown off from the vehicle. Both are needed for challenges. Convoys are probably the best opportunities to work on these challenges. I definitely hear this challenge is a real pain in the ass if you cleared all threat from all territory. Better to work on it earlier rather than later.

For the combat melee based ones, such as filling the Fury meter in less than 10 seconds and killing eight enemies in one Fury mode, I would definitely upgrade Max with the Griffa tokens. Your Fury lasts a lot longer.

I had trouble killing 15 enemies without getting damaged but I found a good place to do it after I blew up Stank Gum's vehicle. When you fight Scrotus one - two enemies will jump in on occasion. If you have the skill to do the melee master reversal it does wonders here. It took a while but I eventually got the challenge done for beating 15 enemies without getting damaged. The boss moves slowly and his attacks are easy to dodge.

Mad Max isn't a difficult game at all, but a few challenges are annoying, plus with the glitches locking a lot of people out of the platinum, I can see why many would avoid it.