Need advice on Nonsensical Sacrifice

I know it suppose to be random and fairly rare as well, but I spent around 4-5 trying to get this sub-routine. What I'm doing is having 2 players in my session and letting them go to FFYL and fire the action skill. I managed to get everything else in around an hour including Medibot, but this is getting ridiculous.

What am I missing do you guys have a pro tip what I'm doing wrong?

I get it it's pure RNG, but after spending at least 10 hours and showing up one makes me wonder... It's a pretty specific sub-routine, which should occur when a teammate is in FFYL state. Something tied to a state this specific shouldn't be this random. :/
I've read everything I could find online, but no dice. I really started to regret even starting this game.

In my situation I just joined a public game via matchmaking. I managed to get this on my first try having one of the other players enter FFYL. Either I was just lucky or it has to do with how I'm playing the game.

Other than the two co-op abilities the VaultHunter.exe action skill wasn't that much of an issue for me. Every outcome is RNG but pretty much every time I added a new action packade to it (via skill points) said action package would appear just after, so those weren't an issue. As for the default abilities I'd eventually come across all if them by the end of the story mission "Eye To Eye".

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

How are you doing it? When I was letting enemies kill my other controller, it was a total crapshoot. Seemed to happen far more frequently when I was in town (whatever the main hub area is called), and killing it myself with grenades. 

This^

The last couple of times I helped my friends with this trophy, being in Concordia - seem to make Nonsensical Sacrifice appear within 10-15mins of joining their game. There has long been speculation that this skill is bugged and refuses to pop when attempted in certain maps but Concordia is the common thread when people talk about where they were when it appeared.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 3

So I'm doing it on two separate Playstations and inviting two backup characters (14 and 11 lvl) in an online (not LAN) session. After that I go to Crisis Scar and have the two backup die on the frozen pond, when the enemies re-spawn sometimes they killed by mobs.
I tried activating the skill while reviving, from a far while they're in FFYL and even when they had just a little life left, but nothing...

Thanks for the advice, I'll try Concordia later this day and get back with the results.

Update: Concordia was the key! Right after the first try I saw "fight for your life" as a modifier when you run vaulthunter.exe. I never saw that before so I knew it will work and it did just in a couple of tries. No longer than 15 minutes.
Plot twist: I had to reactivate medibot once more (I had it twice previously) to get the trophy, but it unlocked. I have the platinum now, thanks for the help!
And for anyone having difficulties with this in the future: Concordia.

Edited by FlyHigh-HU
  • Like 3

• 11 months later...

I can confirm Concordia worked. 

Got medicbot 3 times while reviving, and first time trying without reviving got the nonsensical inferno there. 

Put a second controller in, and got that character to kill himself with rocket launcher. He was wearing a shield if that matter, and the same did claptrap. Was full health with claptrap. 

Got all the skills in there, with resetting the skill tree. Did only cost 1700$ at the station each time. 

• 4 months later...

After a lot of idling with a second alt low level character and trying to get nonsensical sacrifice, I happened to be in the starting room of Tycho's Ribs (where the health/ammo machines are). I initiated a duel with the alt character, won the duel, used my action skill and got nonsensical sacrifice.

Weirdly, although I had already got all the other modes, I had to use Claptrap's skill once more to get the trophy (That helped, right?). It didn't seem to matter which mode came up, it just seemed to need an extra use of the action skill.

• 10 months later...

I played through the game as Claptrap, mainly for this trophy. It is a terrible trophy and I really don't like playing as Claptrap because of the unpredictability. I did about 50% solo and 50% coop. Knowing about this action skill, I used my action skill every time I saw another player go into FFYL. I have no idea when it happened, but once I was at the level to get all the action skills by reassigning my skills for Claptrap, the trophy popped. Once you learn a new action skill, the first time you use your action skill, you will use that specific ability you just learned. I know it doesn't help for this specific skill, but good to know in regards to several of the others.

• 6 months later...
6 minutes ago, boki_juda said:

Nonsensical Sacrifice is definitely glitched.
I tried NVHM, TVHM, UVHM, took off the shield, made my health also low, downed P2 with a grenade, cryo vine, enemies, reset to only the first skill....shit just won't generate after 5 hours, stupid trophy in general.

Where did you attempt it? I ask, because some locations appear to block Nonsensical Sacrifice and stop it appearing. All the times I've go it to happen, I was in Concordia.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Where did you attempt it? I ask, because some locations appear to block Nonsensical Sacrifice and stop it appearing. All the times I've go it to happen, I was in Concordia.

Update: do it in CONCORDIA on Normal playthrough, medibot and sacrifice appear after 2,3 attempts.

If you don't get the trophy, do some more action skills and it will pop the trophy!!!

Thanks guys for the idea!!!

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 1