dev console quick method

stream_force

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Certain commands may disable trophies so if you google them to be sure not to input any of the following commands. 

I don't know them all, but they include:

Item
Goto
Warp
Biome
Nocost
Damage
Creative
Invisible

It's fair to say anything that may cheat the system slightly to make progression faster.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2020 at 6:05 AM, IslamicCakeBaker said:

Has anybody else had an issue of no trophies unlocking. I only got the final 2 for the take off and the time capsule :(

Nope didn't work for me either.

EDIT: I used this video. Game crashed multiple times for me. Pretty annoyed - will try and figure out a workaround soon. 

EDIT2: I achieved the platinum today.

Basically - this method itself didn't work for me in the video of doing all the trophies and re-loading. BUT what you can do is make the game ridiculously easy for yourself and then take care of the same steps. For example, teleporting does not negate trophies. So what you do is spawn, follow the opening steps, and get yourself strong oxygen tanks, swimsuits, etc.... then save and quit. Now when you log back in, go teleport to the specific areas and those trophies will pop. You can even cure the infection by doing that (I barely survived with like 3 oxygen by the time the long cutscene played). It's super easy to build the stuff as well as you just spawn all the materials you need, save and quit, reload back in, build them, and they'll pop. 

Edited by realm722

There are actually two developer consoles. The second one can be unlocked by pressing OPT -> L1+R1.

In that menu you can get cheats, items and teleports by just pressing buttons instead of typing in the commands.

I achieved platinum in 1h 14m (one trophy bugged, took me ~6 minutes to get there again in a new save file) following pretty much that guide: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Subnautica/walkthrough/3 . The only difference is that whenever you use "forbidden" commands like "item" you'd have to save and reload before trying to pop a trophy. Also make sure to deactivate any cheats (from hidden dev menu) before saving and reloading. Fulfilling the requirements and popping all trophies at once by reloading a save in the end like described in the guide doesn't work on PS4 patch 1.09.

I didn't use the command to fix the reactor because i thought it won't work. I repaired it manually like in the video guide posted above instead.

Last words I have to say: If it's your first time playing the game, please take your time and explore the game on your own. It really is a great game (with some performance issues) and a fantastic experience. I already played the game legit on Steam with ~80h playtime and I loved it.

Edited by proud2bNs
  • Like 4

On 24/04/2020 at 6:13 PM, proud2bNs said:

There are actually two developer consoles. The second one can be unlocked by pressing OPT -> L1+R1.

In that menu you can get cheats, items and teleports by just pressing buttons instead of typing in the commands.

I achieved platinum in 1h 14m (one trophy bugged, took me ~6 minutes to get there again in a new save file) following pretty much that guide: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Subnautica/walkthrough/3 . The only difference is that whenever you use "forbidden" commands like "item" you'd have to save and reload before trying to pop a trophy. Also make sure to deactivate any cheats (from hidden dev menu) before saving and reloading. Fulfilling the requirements and popping all trophies at once by reloading a save in the end like described in the guide doesn't work on PS4 patch 1.09.

I didn't use the command to fix the reactor because i thought it won't work. I repaired it manually like in the video guide posted above instead.

Last words I have to say: If it's your first time playing the game, please take your time and explore the game on your own. It really is a great game (with some performance issues) and a fantastic experience. I already played the game legit on Steam with ~80h playtime and I loved it.

Thank you so much. You're suggestions worked perfectly. Just got my plat!

15 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

I'm not sure they do as I tried the cutefish trophy same as the video 4 times and had no luck at all.

They do pop with the Dev Console, because I got all bar 2 trophies by using it but what the video doesn't state, is there are a select few Dev codes which will disable trophies so avoid using the following:

Item
Goto
Warp
Biome
Nocost
Damage
Creative
Invisible

Once I stopped using these codes, the trophies all popped when they should have when using the Dev Console and thus I got my Platinum at the end of it :).

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

They do pop with the Dev Console, because I got all bar 2 trophies by using it but what the video doesn't state, is there are a select few Dev codes which will disable trophies so avoid using the following:

Item
Goto
Warp
Biome
Nocost
Damage
Creative
Invisible

Once I stopped using these codes, the trophies all popped when they should have when using the Dev Console and thus I got my Platinum at the end of it :).

Alright cheers mate will give it another go.

Anyone got a guide that works perfect with latest patch as the current guides using the console are pretty useless on the latest patch?

Edited by Lightsp33d1987

4 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Alright cheers mate will give it another go.

Anyone got a guide that works perfect with latest patch as the current guides using the console are pretty useless on the latest patch?

Both the video in the OP and this one that was posted by realm722, are the only ones I know of that work with the 1.09 patch (which is the current and last patch we're ever going to get for the console versions of the game):

I had 2 trophies bug out on me when using the Dev Console (building the Submarine and Repairing the Aurora's reactor) but loading an ancient save fixed the first one and starting a new game from scratch after deleting everything, worked for the other one.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

40 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Both the video in the OP and this one that was posted by realm722, are the only ones I know of that work with the 1.09 patch (which is the current and last patch we're ever going to get for the console versions of the game):

I had 2 trophies bug out on me when using the Dev Console (building the Submarine and Repairing the Aurora's reactor) but loading an ancient save fixed the first one and starting a new game from scratch after deleting everything, worked for the other one.

I've tried both twice even deleted game and saves and redownloaded most trophies just do not pop for me on 1.09, Seeing as you can't use item/travel commands as they prevent trophies from popping even when you save and quit.

Update 1.09 i have the platinum now and the save/quit then load didn't work for me what i had to do was save before the trophy requirement then close the app and load, Not sure why my game would never pop trophies if i just saved then quit i had to close the app each time but oh well done now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tried this earlier this evening and encountered several issues. 

When I got to part where you teleport to the 'aquarium' area and have the Sea Emperor talk to you, it kept crashing and quitting the app. When it finally did progress past, I got all the way through to the end and after loading back in, as the video suggests, no trophies pop. 

I have the disc version so I might try it again tomorrow without downloading the patch. I'll let you know if that works and hopefully that bit of information could be helpful for someone.

14 hours ago, Palamog46 said:

Tried this earlier this evening and encountered several issues. 

When I got to part where you teleport to the 'aquarium' area and have the Sea Emperor talk to you, it kept crashing and quitting the app. When it finally did progress past, I got all the way through to the end and after loading back in, as the video suggests, no trophies pop. 

I have the disc version so I might try it again tomorrow without downloading the patch. I'll let you know if that works and hopefully that bit of information could be helpful for someone.

I didn't have any crashes at that point but I did have issues with the trophies not popping, though I fixed it by loading an old save and skipping ahead to that point and redoing them from scratch. All of this was with the latest patch installed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.