Is it possible to get platinum?

AriieSiiS_-

Is it possible to get platinum today without having to despair a lot?

It is not the first game with multiplayer trophies that I just left halfway and I would like to be sure that it is possible, for now a friend is going to buy it, I do not know if I need more people or with two it is possible to take out the trophies

Can't comment on multiplayer, but a word of warning generally: If playing locally then only with extreme patience and an understanding partner will you do this. It takes twice as long as the Xbox version would because only one player gets cash and has to share it with player two. You then have to juggle inventory amongst yourselves after each session. Its not worth the hassle.

A shame, I was really looking forward to playing this with the wife after getting all of the achievements on 360, but it's so broken we gave up almost immediately. 

Edit: maybe I wasn't clear that my warning were for those who want to play locally specifically. Sure it's fine for online or solo.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

None of the trophies that are needed for the platinum require multiplayer, or even co-op. They can all be done solo with the AI partner, as I did with the PS3 version.

The only trophies that require another player are the ones from the VERSUS DLC.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

On 26/1/2020 at 10:34 PM, Evil_Joker88 said:

as @Stevieboy said you don't need any online for the Plat but if you want to play online coop it's still doable. I played the ps3 version with a friend in the last days and it still works fine. And there were always other people playing online open lobbies when i searched, even up to 10 lobbies sometimes...

Yes, when I said platinum I wanted to say 100%, but thanks, just what people were playing online was what I wanted to hear, thanks

• 1 year later...

Platinum is possible solo. It's not an "easy" game to platinum, but definitely not nearly as hard and time consuming as DMC5 or RDR2 for instance. You might have some trouble with the highest difficulty due to the docile A.I of your companion, but you will eventually do it.

If you're going for 100%, you should get the the Versus trophies out of the way first. Speaking from personal experience, they're extremely tedious, and inconvenient to do in public matches. Most people that play online, play survivor/ team survivor and they're really skilled. RE5 is very popular in Japan and you will encounter the same players numerous times. For reference, one guy I kept meeting, had his PSN ID named after the game mode :P Boosting will save you lots of time. If you ever decide to boost, shoot me a message and I'll help you out :)

• 4 weeks later...

Professional is easy enough with Infinite Rocket Launcher and Infinite Ammo Upgrades. You might even get S Ranks consistently, provided you don't miss too often. During my Professional Runs, I only died three times. All of them was the Ndesu Boss fight.

Going for the 100% on the other hand. Versus DLC will need boosting, while not as long as the PS3. Anyone left online is either a total skrub, or a friggin Terminator steamrolling everyone. Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape is doable solo, but you will need around 5 runs each. First run to familiarize with the game, second run for Veteran to unlock Professional. Third run for Professional. Clean up might mean one or two more runs, one for S-Rank and another for the miscellaneous.

Edited by dakk55