Dead By Daylight - Silent Hill Chapter - Konami has two new Silent Hill games in development

DarkLordSHTR

I just looked and I'm not sure how accurate it is... but Konami has barely done anything since MGSV in 2015 except Contra Rogue Corps and some anniversary collections of older series (Castlevania, Contra, etc).  They could surprise us but what're the odds, if the rumors are even true, that these Silent Hill games end up being any good.

EDIT: Oh, and even when they were making games... the last few Silent Hill releases (not counting P.T. since I'm thinking we want to give Kojima a lot of credit for that one) were pretty dicey right?  Homecoming, Downpour and the HD collection?

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

I just looked and I'm not sure how accurate it is... but Konami has barely done anything since MGSV in 2015 except Contra Rogue Corps and some anniversary collections of older series (Castlevania, Contra, etc).  They could surprise us but what're the odds, if the rumors are even true, that these Silent Hill games end up being any good.

EDIT: Oh, and even when they were making games... the last few Silent Hill releases (not counting P.T. since I'm thinking we want to give Kojima a lot of credit for that one) were pretty dicey right?  Homecoming, Downpour and the HD collection?

Homecoming was actually good. there was a lot of deoth to that game and I dont think konami did that one. wasnt that done by I think double helix?

• Like 1

If true, I guess shitting all over Metal Gear Solid and Contra wasn't enough for Konami.

They have their work cut out though, after shitting all over Silent Hill with the arcade shooter, Vita and then Pachinko version. I wonder what travesty they will do next.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

They released Metal Gear Survive in 2018, before they started releasing anniversary collections and Rogue Corps.

Edited by bikeman223

Between my strong aversion to Konami, and the mediocrity of Homecoming, Downpour, and the HD Collection, it's difficult to be enthused about this rumor. Cynically slapping the "Silent Hill" title on games made by entirely different teams, which have nothing to do with the core members responsible for the originals? Not very exciting.

On the other hand, I would be interested to see how Kojima could expand on the PT concept.

• Like 1

I would like the Remake of the first game, it is by far the scariest game there is, SH 3 is maybe a tiny bit scarier because of the more detailed "Otherworld". I want it to have everything that the original had but with today graphics and some added things. I really thought that Buepoint Games were making it, but it seams that it is Demon Souls remake that they made after all.

To me SH ended with SH4:The Room, everything pass that is utter bull, more or less...

Silent Hills was good concept and maybe am in minority here but I dont think it would feel the same or better or scarier that the first 4 games, but it would surely be way better then the games after SH4. But who knows, Masahiro Ito from Team Silent and Kojima could really make something special, and if they bring Akira Yamaoka, that would be ecstatic.

I have little hope for it but I couldn't careless, am glad they didn't do silent hills as I feel crazy cult of kojima does not need to touch the silent hill games, if anything just ask sony to get up from their asses and tell them to make siren 3 already as the siren team are able to make good horror games and action games too.

• Like 1

Will be optimistic and hope for a all new Japanese studio with fresh names and full of talent.

Otherwise, something like Climax or P.T. could get straight to a garbage can for me. I'm not gonna hit myself again, like 5th time. Decent, but not impressive, isn't about high standards of original Silent Hill games.

On 1/27/2020 at 1:18 AM, dakk55 said:

Forget whatever Konami's cooking up,

I want Kojima's Silent Hills and an MGS 1 Remake.

They did this on Gamecube already but I would love to see the Twin Snakes remastered on PS4.

I would probably pass on the Silent Hill games as they would probably make 1 of them First Person, which to me kills the immersion.